The whole 49ers are too tough narrative is going to go against them

CWR

Reaction score
2+ Decades of post season failure doesn't point to a team built on toughness. 3pts is what home teams get and offset the money in Vegas since Dallas is so popular. Basically Vegas is saying teams are equal.

Typical to blame past failures on an entirely different team and staff. What an original thought.

CWR

Reaction score
Amen.. the thing about the whole "Cowboys are soft" narrative is it's absolutely going to royally piss some guys off. I think that gets them to play with an edge that we have not seen all year. I expect one or two personal fouls from our guys early on. And I won't mind it one bit.

It's the best thing that could happen to us.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Typical to blame past failures on an entirely different team and staff. What an original thought.

Yeah given that 3/4 of the team wasn't alive in 1995 it's a weird thing people keep bringing it up like things that happened when they were still in diapers has any bearing on them.

Reactions: CWR

RaZon

Reaction score
Mitchell is a nice player, but bona-fide stud is excessive. He's just as likely to be out of the league in two years.

If we bring our "A" game it doesn't matter what game Jimmy G brings. We will win.

It's one thing to respect your opponent, it's another to hang on their nuts. We are the better team.

Mitchell has a 4.7 average, yep.. bonafide stud and be prepared to....damn....watching him run. No he won't be going anywhere or awhile.

Stop making light of what the situation is we are in, it's not good. And only nuts is playing....we are the better team....based on what?

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah given that 3/4 of the team wasn't alive in 1995 it's a weird thing people keep bringing it up like things that happened when they were still in diapers has any bearing on them.

There is zero correlation between how tough Bobby Carpenter is compared to Micah Parsons. Lol

I get it, I bare the same scars as a fan. We may have learned to be a little more guarded, but that doesn't mean these guys are any less tough.

CWR

Reaction score
Mitchell has a 4.7 average, yep.. bonafide stud and be prepared to....damn....watching him run. No he won't be going anywhere or awhile.

Stop making light of what the situation is we are in, it's not good. And only nuts is playing....we are the better team....based on what?

I remember the year Payton Hillis was on the cover of Madden. Whatever happened to that guy?

I understand we are in a dog fight but you making statements like we have to bring our A game and hope they bring their C game is weak as hell. It's also completely inaccurate.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Mitchell has a 4.7 average, yep.. bonafide stud and be prepared to....damn....watching him run soon. No he won't be going anywhere or awhile.

Stop making light of what the situation we are in, it's not good. And only nuts is playing....we are the better team....based on what?

The Cowbolys are much better at QB.. I could stop there but they are also better at RB .. better at WR (even if you want to say Deebo is the best WR in this matchup, Lamb and Wilson are better than Aiyuk and Jennings by a wider margin than Deebo is over Coop..) Better at DE, better at corner.. better at LB.. .. Parsons is probably the best defensive player in this game.. Also better at punter.. but hoping not to see much of him. Pollard will be the best returner as well. I also think our offensive line is better but hasn't played that way this season.. They are better at DT but only if Hill and Gallimore don't get going.. They are also probably better at kicker.. unless it's an end of game 50 yarder.. in which case I take our guy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is all much ado about nothing and just part of the hype machine that drives the NFL.

They will line up on Sunday and it will just be football players at differing talent levels and if any of the Cowboys players are intimidated by all the tough talk, they will not show it.

Glory be, the media is trying to turn this into as MMA battle royal, it is football, they wear protective gear.

The key to this game is toughness but it isn't the kind we can see, it is mental and refuse to lose. One team will have that more than the other.

RaZon

Reaction score
The Cowbolys are much better at QB.. I could stop there but they are also better at RB .. better at WR (even if you want to say Deebo is the best WR in this matchup, Lamb and Wilson are better than Aiyuk and Jennings by a wider margin than Deebo is over Coop..) Better at DE, better at corner.. better at LB.. .. Parsons is probably the best defensive player in this game.. Also better at punter.. but hoping not to see much of him. Pollard will be the best returner as well. I also think our offensive line is better but hasn't played that way this season.. They are better at DT but only if Hill and Gallimore don't get going.. They are also probably better at kicker.. unless it's an end of game 50 yarder.. in which case I take our guy.

Mitchell is better than both Zeke and Pollard and it's real obvious just by watching them play, that is why he has the better average per carry. DeeBo is a far more dynamic player than anyone we have with Aiyuk and Jennings coming on. Kittles a beast. I get your WE ARE THE BEST...but it's not realistic. You really do need to start getting real with this stuff.

Look I love our Cowboys also but ya have to get real, something you refuse to do. These Niners are going to be a load, very concerned and you should be too.

Cas2800

Reaction score
I would much rather them come into this game be doubted than overconfident. Nothing like people doubting you that makes you want to prove them wrong.

Cas2800

Reaction score
Mitchell is better than both Zeke and Pollard and it's real obvious just by watching them play, that is why he has the better average per carry. DeeBo is a far more dynamic player than anyone we have with Aiyuk and Jennings coming on. Kittles a beast. I get your WE ARE THE BEST...but it's not realistic. You really do need to start getting real with this stuff.

Look I love our Cowboys also but ya have to get real, something you refuse to do. These Niners are going to be a load, very concerned and you should be too.
I can hardly wait till we beat then niners so you can go back to their message board. You fool nobody.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

You think Mitchell is better than Zeke AND Pollard? You my friend are trippin. He plays in a system that you or I could run for 4.5 ypc behind. That's been the hallmark of the Shanahan offense since his ole man was in Denver.. Mitchell averaged 4.7 ypc.. .. Zeke and Pollard combined to average... 4.7 ypc. They also scored 12 rushing TDs between them.. Mitchell scored a whole 5 TD.. Hell Deebo had 8 rushing TDs.. Or are you trying to argue that scoring TDs doesn't matter? I should also point out that Zeke and Pollard caught 86 passes for 614 yards.. Mitchell caught 19.. Maybe catching the ball doesn't matter either? Nobody is saying the 49ers are trash.. They are a tough team.. but the Cowboys are better in a number of areas..

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
FI-tkuoXMAcnoJ-

RaZon

Reaction score
You think Mitchell is better than Zeke AND Pollard? You my friend are trippin. He plays in a system that you or I could run for 4.5 ypc behind. That's been the hallmark of the Shanahan offense since his ole man was in Denver.. Mitchell averaged 4.7 ypc.. .. Zeke and Pollard combined to average... 4.7 ypc. They also scored 12 rushing TDs between them.. Mitchell scored a whole 5 TD.. Hell Deebo had 8 rushing TDs.. Or are you trying to argue that scoring TDs doesn't matter? I should also point out that Zeke and Pollard caught 86 passes for 614 yards.. Mitchell caught 19.. Maybe catching the ball doesn't matter either? Nobody is saying the 49ers are trash.. They are a tough team.. but the Cowboys are better in a number of areas..

Elijah Mitchell is a better RB right now than Zeke or Pollard, I'm not blind, ok? He had 6.1, 6,7, 5.8, 6,2 averages in school, this cat is a stud then they have DeeBo. Both have more of a burst.

Sorry my man but there is no way in hell we have better RB's right now, as you will see.

No we aren't better in a number of areas, you really do need to get more realistic, I didn't want those guys in our first game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I hope we don’t see this thread bumped up Sunday evening.

RaZon

Reaction score
I can hardly wait till we beat then niners so you can go back to their message board. You fool nobody.

Not trying to fool anybody, I watch all the NFL can talk all the teams. So...????

This Niner team is loaded I don't play pretend.

How many times have I bragged on Russell Wilson, bragged on Jonathan Taylor, NFL fan here not just the Cowboys.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not trying to fool anybody, I watch all the NFL can talk all the teams. So...????

This Niner team is loaded I don't play pretend.

You're trying to peddle the notion that a guy who ran for 900 yards and 5 TDs and caught 19 passes for 130 yards is better than guys who combined for 1700 yards and 12 TDs and caught 86 passes for 600 yards and 2 TDs.... Sure..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Mitchell is a nice player, but bona-fide stud is excessive. He's just as likely to be out of the league in two years.

If we bring our "A" game it doesn't matter what game Jimmy G brings. We will win.

It's one thing to respect your opponent, it's another to hang on their nuts. We are the better team.
:hammer::popcorn::thumbup:

RaZon

Reaction score
You're trying to peddle the notion that a guy who ran for 900 yards and 5 TDs and caught 19 passes for 130 yards is better than guys who combined for 1700 yards and 12 TDs and caught 86 passes for 600 yards and 2 TDs.... Sure..

Ollie Matson
Marion Motley
Paul Hornung
Frank Gifford
Lenny Moore

.....all in the Hall of Fame none had a 1000 yard xeason.

See my Avatar, that is the great Don Perkins, never had a 1000 yards.

Sometimes ya have to go with just the eye test this kid Mitchell is young and he has a hell of a burst, right now he is far more ZOOOM...than anything we have as you will soon see,

I love our Cowboys but ya gotta keep it real.