The whole 49ers are too tough narrative is going to go against them

RaZon

Reaction score
You're here on a Cowboy Forum not just a regular NFL forum. You have a Cowboy image, talking about "We" (as in Cowboys) but talk down about Cowboy players and how other team's players (49er) are so much of a threat. Yea.....you definantly trying to fool people. But i see right thru you. Tell me you don't live in California.

Go to the NFL forum, see my Russell Wilson thread, he is better than Dak. see my Jonathan Taylor thread, he is better than anyone we got. So what?

I have talked about living in Cali somewhere out there.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Exactly.........I admit I'm a little concern Shanahan may try and throw a curve ball doing the opposite of what everyone's expecting with a lot of passes. But then again, it's too late to drastically change stripes. You are what are........

Yeah I hope like hell they come out throwing.. It would be absolutely idiotic of them to try and attack our secondary and block our pass rush any more than they absolutely have to. Garappolo's thumb will probably take a quarter to warm up... We should endeavor to beat on that thing every chance we get .. I'd like to see our DEs and DT's hit him even after he hands it off a time or three. Make him stick that hand out to break his fall..

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This hype of the Niner's physicality is giving me flashbacks to Week 4 against the undefeated Panthers. All week there was talk about how physical they are, #1 in run stoppage, going to punch us in the mouth, they're a terrible match-up for "finesse" teams like the Cowboys, etc. Their fans were running their mouths too (something the niner fans love to do). Man...that was a whooping so bad that their board imploded. They couldn't cash that check.

I feel we're about to have another one of these games on Sunday. Just a gut feeling with how unusually quiet the players have been this week. If focused, I think they put on a show.

Cas2800

Reaction score
So if you want to talk BS about other teams players and how great they are, then take that BS to the NFL forum. This is the Cowboyszone. Were tired of you claiming you are worried about how tough the 49ers are and how you are scared. I'm talking about your posts on THIS forum. Im sure you go by another name of the 49er sites.

Reactions: BAT

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah I hope like hell they come out throwing.. It would be absolutely idiotic of them to try and attack our secondary and block our pass rush any more than they absolutely have to. Garappolo's thumb will probably take a quarter to warm up... We should endeavor to beat on that thing every chance we get .. I'd like to see our DEs and DT's hit him even after he hands it off a time or three. Make him stick that hand out to break his fall..

LOL, LOL, you're being mean

mmohican29

Reaction score
That was dumb little fella.

How so?

You're a chicken-**** fake fan, so I'd like you to go tell Michael Irvin (should you cross paths of course...) that he has every right to be afraid of the 49ers, because you have similar worries.

RaZon

Reaction score
How so?

You're a chicken-**** fake fan, so I'd like you to go tell Michael Irvin (should you cross paths of course...) that he has every right to be afraid of the 49ers, because you have similar worries.

Live in a fantasy world my man it's you I deal in how things actually are there is a reason so many are taking the Niners in this game. Get real guy, ok?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Live in a fantasy world my man it's you I deal in how things actually are there is a reason so many are taking the Niners in this game. Get real guy, ok?

You "deal" however you see fit.

If that means posing like a Cowboys fan who's ready to crawl up in a ball and cry like a typical ***** 49er fan, do so.

:) Gnite Pumpkin

plymkr

Reaction score
We see it all the time teams starting off hot only to fizzle, teams starting off slow then find their game later on. Niners are playing good ball right now.

Google highlights of Mitchell and DeeBo, don't take my word for it these guys are total studs.
I agree they are total studs. But I would add that Diggs, Dlaw, Lamb, Cooper are studs as well. Obviously Parsons is a stud. We have studs too. They way the media is talking about the 9ers is what I would expect from a #1 seed, unstoppable juggernaut that has dominated all year. They have studs and we have studs. They can be beaten as well as we can. In the playoffs it's who's studs play the best. They way people are talking up the 9ers right now is they have the 85 Bears Defense with Walter Payton and Jerry Rice on offense. O well, I hope our guys are reading the disrespect and come swinging.

Flamma

Reaction score
The 49ers aren't too tough. But they will be a challenge. Am I the only person pissed off about there being 6 playoff teams that are contenders to reach the SB in the NFC? I'm leaving Philly out, sorry. When was the last time that's happened?

Reactions: CWR

johneric8

Reaction score
It's the best thing that could happen to us.

Precisely why I started the thread! The more I watched the talking heads all in unison saying bully ball was our nemesis,
It dawned on me that as prevalent as this talk was it had to be getting back to our team.

If the Boys were truly outmatched I don't think it would matter, but in this particular case I 100% feel like we have the better
team with at least as good or better coaching overall. Having said that, this is a game we would typically lose but because
the narrative has been so overdone in regards to us being too weak, it's going to backfire on the 49ers this time out..

johneric8

Reaction score
Do you really think the Cowboys players think the Niners are tougher than them? Do you see them cowering in the locker room and the coaches have to coax them out?

This is ridiculous, the toughness is in the mind and the will.

I think you're missing the point! The players don't think the Niners are tougher than them, but the media and fans going against you so fiercely and doubting your manhood is a great motivator to prove them wrong. Our Cowboys are going to get tired of hearing how they are the most likely to lose and be bullied when in fact we're just as tough as they are if not more so.. I've seen our defense bully teams this year at times to the extent where it reminded me of our 90's teams, so I know they have it in them.

johneric8

Reaction score
This hype of the Niner's physicality is giving me flashbacks to Week 4 against the undefeated Panthers. All week there was talk about how physical they are, #1 in run stoppage, going to punch us in the mouth, they're a terrible match-up for "finesse" teams like the Cowboys, etc. Their fans were running their mouths too (something the niner fans love to do). Man...that was a whooping so bad that their board imploded. They couldn't cash that check.

I feel we're about to have another one of these games on Sunday. Just a gut feeling with how unusually quiet the players have been this week. If focused, I think they put on a show.

Best post I've seen in a while and you're 100% correct here. All week before the Panthers game, all we heard about was how stout they were it that we couldn't move the ball on them.. This scenario brought out extra motivation for our team there is no doubt about it.. For those who doubt a team can be extra motivated they haven't played team sports. I do believe that most players don't need extra motivation, but when you've been insulted to the extreme the Cowboys have been as of late, bullets will fly!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I agree with you, but on the flipside, with our experience at this point, and the lack of total respect, I believe this may have our players jacked up beyond recognition...
If we end up playing Tampa Bay in the next round that is a whole other issue all together.

Not scared of Brady.

At all.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Where the Cowboys will run into trouble is if they try to beat San Fran at their own game. They should not going into this game trying to out-tough the 49ers. If they do that, they're going to get beat. The Cowboys are a finesse team and that's how they need to play. Stretch the defense out. Make them defend in space. Take shots downfield. DO NOT get in a trenches battle with this team. That is what I'm most fearful of. That the players and coaches go in with a mindset of out tough-guying the 9ers. I don't think they'll win with that mindset.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Go to the NFL forum, see my Russell Wilson thread, he is better than Dak. see my Jonathan Taylor thread, he is better than anyone we got. So what?

I have talked about living in Cali somewhere out there.

Troll alert.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think you're missing the point! The players don't think the Niners are tougher than them, but the media and fans going against you so fiercely and doubting your manhood is a great motivator to prove them wrong. Our Cowboys are going to get tired of hearing how they are the most likely to lose and be bullied when in fact we're just as tough as they are if not more so.. I've seen our defense bully teams this year at times to the extent where it reminded me of our 90's teams, so I know they have it in them.
Please allow me, Sir...I'll tell SF here and now which Dallas team will show up for THEIR game...