The whole 49ers are too tough narrative is going to go against them

johneric8

Reaction score
Not scared of Brady.

At all.

I agree, it's not Tom Brady himself, but getting past the Bucs in Tampa after a war with the Niners...
That game we will rightfully be favored to lose, but the game against the Niners, the pundits have
dug their own grave with weak narratives and it's caught on throughout the media..

shabazz

Reaction score
This is exactly what I'm saying..... We are being told that the Cowboys are getting a horrible match up and they aren't physical enough... I know the team has to be ready to explode at this point.. Having said that, if we were being favored and gloated on, I would be more concerned with losing, but because of this crazy narrative that we're gonna fold I think we look for the knockout punch early and often.

I hear what you’re saying. Although articles and narratives mean nothing to the actual game, it’s funny how these “truths” wind up going the other way

johneric8

Reaction score
I hear what you’re saying. Although articles and narratives mean nothing to the actual game, it’s funny how these “truths” winding going the other way

But think back to the Panthers game. They did come out swinging hard and often. It just feels to me that this is one of those games where the extra motivation to kick some arse will rear it's head.. Don't poke the bear, that is what I'm getting at... Keep in mind I generally don't make picks or even give an opinion one way or the other, but for once I got a feeling.. Sure, I could be wrong, but that is what forums are for right?

shabazz

Reaction score
Since the 90s there’s been a media and fan perception that Dallas is Soft. Even when talent is here, we are thought of as the ultimate white collar team while the Steelers and packers are the working man’s tough nosed teams……time to start to change that perception by handling other teams in the playoffs

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
To the people who know about Vegas, because I don't know how that works since I don't bet, please correct me if I'm wrong here. I personally think they are helping Vegas. They are influencing everyone to bet on the 49ers because they know Cowboys will win the ball game. Vegas halls away a truck load of bags if our Cowboys win, which they will!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Since the 90s there’s been a media and fan perception that Dallas is Soft. Even when talent is here, we are thought of as the ultimate white collar team while the Steelers and packers are the working man’s tough nosed teams……time to start to change that perception by handling other teams in the playoffs

I'd love to see one of these pissant mediots walk up to Nate Newton and Larry Allen oh.. and Erik Williams and tell them they were soft..

lqmac1

Reaction score
Mitchell is a nice player, but bona-fide stud is excessive. He's just as likely to be out of the league in two years.

If we bring our "A" game it doesn't matter what game Jimmy G brings. We will win.

It's one thing to respect your opponent, it's another to hang on their nuts. We are the better team.
If we bring our “A” game, we would probably beat every team in the NFL pretty decisively.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
If we bring our “A” game, we would probably beat every team in the NFL pretty decisively.

Yeah especially since we have rarely seen both our "A" offense and defense together.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'd love to see one of these pissant mediots walk up to Nate Newton and Larry Allen oh.. and Erik Williams and tell them they were soft..

……I meant for it to read, after the 90s Super Bowl team….the camp cupcake moniker has been used a lot since then

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Okay, something has been really on my mind so I would like to discuss this with anyone who cares to reply...

It takes a total team effort to win in the playoffs, sure a superior QB can make the difference, but the bottom line is the entire team is what it takes to do well..

The narrative that is pulsing over the airwaves as well as TV is that the Cowboys are getting a match-up that most likely they won't be able to overcome. We even hear resident homer Mike Irvin sounding the sirens about this very topic.

Everywhere we turn we hear a talking head saying that the Cowboys just aren't tough enough and we don't play well against good teams. Sure there is some truth to this, but I also believe that this is going to blow up in the niners face.

We all know that when our Boys are favored and gloated over they typically have slip ups at some point. This brings me to my next point of dissecting this point in our teams maturation. We have a nice mix of vets and rookies and everyone is contributing to help this team grow. My opinion is that Zeke, Dak, Tank, Parsons are all tough as nails so the whole narrative that we aren't as physical is a complete falsehood..

At this point, and I don't usually make these proclamations, but I'm really getting the feeling that our team is going to rise up just as Davey did and strike Goliath down in glorious fashion... I normally just expect us to lose and hope for the best, but at this point in time, knowing what I know about our team and coaches, I feel like our team is going to play so fast and tough that the niners aren't going to know what hit them. The disrespect is real, and I feel like this is a HUGE motivating factor at this very point in time..

Lets also not forget that Dak's QB rating in the playoffs is incredible.. Just how much of the maneuvering that Big Mike showed by resting players and getting ready for the playoffs is going to pay off? Hair on fire time!!!

Hey tough fans?

Where is your keyboard bravado now?

KLJ

Reaction score
Shame on me for feeling good about how my team would respond, please forgive me ..
not a good day for being passive-aggressive. the original post was bad and this isn't any better.

johneric8

Reaction score
not a good day for being passive-aggressive. the original post was bad and this isn't any better.
Lets think about this for a second.. I felt like my team would win the fight, I felt great how things were lining up, what is wrong with that other than they didn't hold up their end of the bargain? Why should that bother anyone? Isn't that what the forum is for? Please explain to me how my original post was bad? And I stand behind my last post- I felt good about standing up and believing my team, you called me out, didn't like my post, so I asked you to forgive me.. I actually really meant it...

Before you go and try in insult me, you might want to imagine what my day has been like today and it has nothing to do with the Cowboys.. I'm an only child and found out my father has stage 4 cancer and I'm trying to console my mother and make sense of many things outside of football.. So if you don't mind- Lets squash this.. God Bless..