The World Cup Thread

joseephuss

Reaction score
That young German team was hit or miss. They pretty much either scored 4 goals or got blanked. Spain did what it does, control the ball, play strong defense and be patient.

The battle for the title will be between two teams who have never won it. I think it will be a good game.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;3453298 said:
To be fair though, this will be the first time a European team has won outside Europe.

Up until this year the only team to win outside of their own continent was Brazil.

In our prediction league I have 1-0 to Germany (I had 3-1 Holland yesterday)

It may have had something to do with the playing conditions.

It's more like European weather conditions instead of those ridiculous games where bottles of water are passed to the players every five minutes.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;3453303 said:
Oh well, not going to be 1-0 to the Germans then :)

Spain overran them in midfield by only playing Villa up front. Apart from the uncharacteristic piece of non marking at the corner by Germany for the goal then this would have been a bore draw.

Sort of sums up this World Cup.

dwmyers

Reaction score
I've enjoyed these games. Looking forward to the final. Too bad they're on the network of Especially Sycophantic Professio(N)als.. :rolleyes:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I HATE both of these teams but style wise this is going to be a fun game to watch.

Its like having the Suns and Magic in the NBA finals.

Colts / Saints type superbowl.

I think Spain wins but I hope Soccer finds a way to make it a draw! Nobody wins the cup!

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Enrique Iglesias said he will water ski naked if Spain wins World Cup. So with that, I am suddenly interested again.

VAMOS ESPANA!!

switzersflask

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3454654 said:
Enrique Iglesias said he will water ski naked if Spain wins World Cup. So with that, I am suddenly interested again.

VAMOS ESPANA!!

ummmm