The World Cup Thread

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
Go Spain. I do wish Fabregas (I'm a Arsenal fan) was playing more.

Ren

Reaction score
Germany 4-0 :eek:

Messi does more harm then good for Argentina just dribbling in circles around him self over and over again

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I'm going to have to get behind Germany for this one, with the Ghanian guy on their team and his half-brother, that whole thing.

Plus they dismantled Argentina, whom I hate. Heil! :lmao:

ethiostar

Reaction score
ethiostar;3444919 said:
Germany vs. Argentina should be great to watch. I can't wait for Portugal vs. Spain. If Spain and Argentina advance to the semifinals, we should see some pretty futbol in that match.

What do you all think,........Brazil and Netherlands to the quarter finals. Ghana Beats Uruguay in the semi finals and advance to play Brazil but loose. Spain beats Portugal and meet Argentina in the semifinals but Argentina wins and advances to play Brazil in the final. I will go against my boys and say that Argentina wins this World Cup.

:lmao2:

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
ethiostar;3450742 said:

i'm still looking ok for my 120 pound return on 4 pound stake for forlan top scorer with germany beating uruguay in the final. just wish villa hadn't scored for spain last night. i'm wishing i'd backed the germans more heavily round about now rather than just a few wee throw away bets to give me a vested interest.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DallasDomination;3450149 said:
What a great soccer day!.. Ghana and Uruguay was a great game. Suarez saving the day with that hand ball!!!:eek: How could you miss that PK?

I was never as high as many where on brasil. They can be beat and today was a prefect example. This is not the same brasil that used to dominate. There is no RONALDO, RIVALDO, ROMARIO, RONALDIHNO there is nobody on this team that really scares you.

Spain is the best team left in the World cup:cool:

Brasil had both Ronaldo(29 at the time) and Ronaldinho(26 at the time) in 2006 and did terribly. Their team this year is much better than that 2006 team.

Rhonaldinho is not the player he once was even at a still young 30 years old. He also is not much of a team player right now.

Brasil sent its best team possible and it just was not good enough. Their big weakness has always been that if you can get them rattled they will fall apart. The problem is that most teams can't get them rattled.

ethiostar

Reaction score
daschoo;3450746 said:
i'm still looking ok for my 120 pound return on 4 pound stake for forlan top scorer with germany beating uruguay in the final. just wish villa hadn't scored for spain last night. i'm wishing i'd backed the germans more heavily round about now rather than just a few wee throw away bets to give me a vested interest.

The Germans look like a machine right now. I will be surprised if they don't win it all.

Ren

Reaction score
I'm torn right now, i really want a Holland Germany finals but i can't help but cheer for the underdog

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;3452473 said:
v.Bommel and the Orange Army march on.....

was sat in the pub in my uruguay top genuinely disappointed they didn't do it. definitely now following uruguay. obviously if they play scotland i hope we pump them and i've followed the germans for 20 years but urauguay are now a team i want to beat anyone other than those two. was genuinely off my seat when they were pushing for the equaliser.

cannot wait for tomorrows game, should be a cracker!

MartinRamone

Reaction score
We did all we could, half team missing and even Forlan at the end and we made Netherlands ask for the game to end because we were about to tie it.
Not taking into account that theres a foul in the first goal and offside in the second. We paid the price for taking out the host and the last african hope.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
ethiostar;3452419 said:
The Germans look like a machine right now. I will be surprised if they don't win it all.

I'd be surprised as well.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
daschoo;3452576 said:
was sat in the pub in my uruguay top genuinely disappointed they didn't do it. definitely now following uruguay. obviously if they play scotland i hope we pump them and i've followed the germans for 20 years but urauguay are now a team i want to beat anyone other than those two. was genuinely off my seat when they were pushing for the equaliser.

cannot wait for tomorrows game, should be a cracker!

I'd like to see a Germany Holland final, but tonights game is too difficult to call. Spain lost their tag as chokers in the Euros so perhaps they have the mental side to their game to beat Germany. Villa and Torres certainly have the pace to expose the two German centre backs. Interesting matchup.

Ren

Reaction score
All the talk after the group stages and first round of the knock out stages was about how poorly Europe was doing in this years world cup and now was about to have an all European finals :laugh2:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Quick prediction.

If Germany score first germany win 1-0

If Spain score first Spain win 2-1 in overtime

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Ren;3452884 said:
All the talk after the group stages and first round of the knock out stages was about how poorly Europe was doing in this years world cup and now was about to have an all European finals :laugh2:

I was told European teams could only win a World Cup in Europe. Hmmmmm.....

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;3453242 said:
I was told European teams could only win a World Cup in Europe. Hmmmmm.....

To be fair though, this will be the first time a European team has won outside Europe.

Up until this year the only team to win outside of their own continent was Brazil.

In our prediction league I have 1-0 to Germany (I had 3-1 Holland yesterday)