The worst part is there is no hope going forward

phildadon86

Reaction score
I just have no idea where this team goes from here and the thought of starting this whole process over just makes me sick to my stomach.

They can’t just say this is good enough and if we clean up mistakes all will be well.

Lining up and doing the same thing over and over is just not the way and I think they have to fire McCarthy.

He’s been here 2 seasons and he was awful in year 1 and year 2 he beat a bunch of bad teams and nobody had an answer for the 2 high safeties. Also the lack of Pollard and playing Zeke was just criminal.

Dallas needs a culture change and they need a new face for this franchise right now but I know management believes in continuity and they get continuous results.

I just don’t know what they can do outside of a coaching change to give any hope to the fans.
Nail on the head here sir. Bring in a new HC and let him hire his own staff. Jerry can go live out his remaining years on his yacht. (wishful thinking). If Dak dont like it? Too bad. Its your job. This is your new boss. Period. Enough with the coddling. Its time to get serious. Its been time to get serious.

The Natural

Reaction score
Generally the only pathway to a title if you dont have an elite QB is to be elite in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately Dak, and Garrett already wasted the best years of this o-line. It would be a 2 year project to get both sides up to par and thats if they were fully committed to building there.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Nail on the head here sir. Bring in a new HC and let him hire his own staff. Jerry can go live out his remaining years on his yacht. (wishful thinking). If Dak dont like it? Too bad. Its your job. This is your new boss. Period. Enough with the coddling. Its time to get serious. Its been time to get serious.
I could say "I told ya so", but I won't.

Because you already know.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I just have no idea where this team goes from here and the thought of starting this whole process over just makes me sick to my stomach.

They can’t just say this is good enough and if we clean up mistakes all will be well.

Lining up and doing the same thing over and over is just not the way and I think they have to fire McCarthy.

He’s been here 2 seasons and he was awful in year 1 and year 2 he beat a bunch of bad teams and nobody had an answer for the 2 high safeties. Also the lack of Pollard and playing Zeke was just criminal.

Dallas needs a culture change and they need a new face for this franchise right now but I know management believes in continuity and they get continuous results.

I just don’t know what they can do outside of a coaching change to give any hope to the fans.

Not saying this to be mean, but until Jerry passes, and takes the Jimmy Johnson curse with him, this team is doomed...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Spot on. You nailed it. A coaching change is the only possible way to turn this around. You said you don’t know how to fix it, but you provided the only solution.
Nothings changing until Jerry goes

LittleD

Reaction score

Do you really think Stephen can do any better. Most NFL owners only care about the money.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's what it is to be a modern day Cowboys fan.

Thanks Jerry.
Right

The lack of hope all begins with the one constant throughout this era. It’s the root to the lack of discipline and country club culture that continues to haunt this franchise regardless the talent on the field or coaching on the sidelines.

Until you blow that up don’t expect the changes we all are ultimately looking for.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Am I still a hater or is the truth so obvious right now that you can’t help to see that I was right the whole time?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

well, I don't play fantasy football so I ignore all this Cut dak, trade dak, etc. from a contract and cap perspective that doesn't work. so realistically looking back at how we had success and what we need to do to get back to that. Dak was at his best when we ran play action (I am sure people will take issue with the statement).

but we need to get back to strong running game. earlier in the year, when we ran effectively the team was more successful. not because we ran for 100 yards, which is what some fans point to at the end result. but because running was a threat. we struggled running because of the OL and I can't help and notice it started to fall apart when collins came back and we started the OL shuffle. to get back to being a good team and find success we need to be like Niners..... be built to run. emphasis on the run. that needs a strong OL that can accomplish that so we need to focus FA and draft on OL. I wouldn't mind even drafting an OL man in the first and second round. re-establish the running game. that would be our one chance for success. else, its more of this. the same.

Brax

Reaction score

There is hope, but if there is no HC coaching change you can forget about it, MM was more concerned about the buffet table and his massage that getting the team ready. If Jerry keeps this sorry excuse for a HC it's on him and I expect MM will be back because he's Jerrys kind of guy a yes man with a limited football IQ.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seasons like this one are the best we've gotten since it became the Jerry & Stephen show. There's little reason to expect more as long as they call the shots.

They've burned through over a half dozen head coaches and over 20 QBs, yet the results don't improve.
:hammer:

willia451

Reaction score
This team based on this core is not getting much better than they are right now. There's some tweaking to be had, of course. But that's all it will be.

Unless you just blow it all up and start over. And Jerry's not gonna do that.

So all you can really do is hope the 10 or so teams in the rest of the league that are obviously better than they are fall down to their level.

Rodgers and Brady can't play forever. Right?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You have two options. You sacrifice the future to do whatever you can to win for the next 2 years with Dak. After 2 years you have an option and can reevaluate. Second option is to purge some trash and try to get younger and build up to something that can be great in a couple of years. Again you would reevaluate Dak option at that time.

If I know this front office and I think I do be prepared for a lot of salary restructuring to free up cap room and a lot of the same faces under the same crazy contracts next year.