1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

The worst part is there is no hope going forward

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Jan 17, 2022.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,433 Messages
    75,435 Likes Received
    Eh, I don’t want to argue about it. I’ve seen Dak with a great Oline. It’s still nothing special that can win us a championship.

He’ll never have a perfect team and he’s paid to carry the team not the other way.

Improving all of these other things mean nothing if we go behind in a game and our QB goes into a shell all the time.

Can’t play awful teams every week.

2. bark

bark Well-Known Member

5,952 Messages
    7,213 Likes Received
    And that in a nutshell is what is wrong with this organization.
    Playing favorites does not work at any level in sports. Not pee wee not middle school not high school not college and most certainly not in the nfl.
    I hoped that the cutting of jaylon signaled a new dawn in Dallas but old habits die hard.
    Your boss can’t be your friend and expect performance to not suffer

3. CowboysLegends2

CowboysLegends2 Well-Known Member

1,084 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    This is probably the worse possible way to end the season for Jerrah. There is no salvaging any core on this team and very few fans are going to be sold moving forward. I’m predicting wide spread apathy for the foreseeable future. As fans there is just nothing to buy into.

Starting next season an entire fan base will have to go in with little to no hope of success and nothing on the horizon to look forward to. Going to suck as a fan for a while but it will be even worse as an owner with no more gimmicks left to sell.

fivetwos and CowboysFaninHouston like this.
  4. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

11,601 Messages
    12,545 Likes Received
    No, a front office change is the only way things change. Outside of a family jet crash, nothing is going to change.

ksadler1 and CowboysFaninHouston like this.
  5. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

6,730 Messages
    9,215 Likes Received
    Only Solution : fire MM and replace the QB
    I don't think the Jones will do it .....so years from now we will still be in the same place

6. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

24,021 Messages
    12,725 Likes Received
    what difference is that going to make? 7 head coaches, the exact same results...

7. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

7,477 Messages
    6,647 Likes Received
    The inherent problem with relying on any coaching change is that it involves trusting an ownership group to go through the same, exhaustive exercise that yielded a phone interview with Marvin Lewis and a sleepover date with Mike McCarthy.

The Joneses’ simply are incapable of conducting the sort of coaching search that you see organizations like Green Bay and Pittsburgh perform.

Robbieac, fivetwos and cowboyz like this.
  8. SuperBowlorBust

SuperBowlorBust New Member

3 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Even with everything that went wrong in yesterday's game, we were still a missed pass off of wilson's finger tips on 4th and 11 from winning the game. I think that the cowboys should still try to salvage the situation for the next few years. Try to keep as many free agents as possible without overpaying, while doing everything you can to improve the O/D-lines. I think keeping Dan Quinn is a must but most importantly, you just can't commit that many stupid penalties against a good team.

9. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

24,021 Messages
    12,725 Likes Received
    how are you going to replace the QB? his contract prohibts it for another 2 years.

10. Shane612

Shane612 Well-Known Member

3,701 Messages
    2,501 Likes Received
    Blow it up and let Jerry rebuild it.
    :lmao:

fishspill likes this.
  11. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

11,823 Messages
    5,994 Likes Received
    Agreed!

MountaineerCowboy likes this.
  12. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

20,746 Messages
    22,342 Likes Received
    Name another QB that had an NFL historical record of penalties to overcome enough to even get to the playoffs. Hell, this game tied a penalty playoff record, lol. But yeah, it's all Dak.

BobSacamano likes this.
  13. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

46,977 Messages
    29,097 Likes Received
    Dak certainly didn’t have a good game but was he less productive than our 90 million RB or 100 million WR and how about our All Pro slot receiver with only 1 catch. And how many drives were killed by penalties by OL which couldn’t protect with only 4 rushing most of the game.

If you see our QB as the weakest link yesterday I’d suggest opening both eyes . And no , our QB isn’t good enough to overcome these other contributing factors. Not many are.

G2, BobSacamano and dreghorn2 like this.
  14. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

17,110 Messages
    33,465 Likes Received
    You were dead wrong.

I told ya so.

15. BigD_95

BigD_95 Well-Known Member

1,832 Messages
    1,780 Likes Received

Im ok with this as long as Moore is gone also

16. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

14,744 Messages
    7,888 Likes Received
    Got to change things up with a new OC. I think if you had a really good QB, Moore would be fine but Dak just gives up too many plays to make this one successful with Moore. Dak just does not make the most of every play. We just give up too many downs with him - just wasted downs.

Dak is not the answer so it is really not going to change anything though but this is pointless.

2 more years with Dak at best. 2024 is the first year it would make sense to just cut bait!

17. GINeric

GINeric Well-Known Member

1,906 Messages
    1,319 Likes Received
    Who were these first year coaches who played the same teams we played and had the same amount of injuries to the quarterback, offensive line and defense like we did??

18. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

6,730 Messages
    9,215 Likes Received
    trade him let him be a backup and bring someone else etc...

19. Typhus

Typhus Captain Catfish

14,841 Messages
    16,658 Likes Received
    Radio,, now thats just almost not even funny... :laugh:

20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,433 Messages
    75,435 Likes Received

McCarthy sucks. Deal with it. We couldn’t win even when we had Dak last season. It made no difference.

Robbieac likes this.