The Zeke Conundrum

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Blind hate would be hate based on nothing, as I said, he’s done plenty for myself and others to form an opinion of him which would mean it’s not blind hate.

Casey Anthony wasn’t convicted of murder, she was found innocent. So are you calling her a murderer and/or making judgements about someone you don’t know or would you bring her home to mom and/or let her babysit your kids?

You keep dodging these questions. I’m quite sure, you said you don’t judge anyone you don’t know personally and I asked you where you draw the line which you have yet to answer. So either you judge people, like most of us, and are refusing to be honest about that in your blind love and support for zeke or you truly don’t judge anyone including the people I mentioned. So which is it?

You missed the whole point of our discussion. I stated that I cannot give an assessment of Ezekiel Elliott off of a few immature moments. I do have an opinion on Miss Anthony. Blind love is not acknowledging any of his mistakes. I know what he reportedly has done, but I am not going to judge him evil, because of those mistakes.

aria

Reaction score
You missed the whole point of our discussion. I stated that I cannot give an assessment of Ezekiel Elliott off of a few immature moments. I do have an opinion on Miss Anthony. Blind love is not acknowledging any of his mistakes. I know what he reportedly has done, but I am not going to judge him evil, because of those mistakes.
Oh, I don’t think he’s evil because I can be and you know what they say about taking one to know one.

There’s a difference between a few mistakes and a pattern of behavior that started well before his NFL career. Can he change? Sure. But it will take a lot longer than one or two years of not being in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. So as of now, he still sucks as a human being and isn’t much better as a football player :grin:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh, I don’t think he’s evil because I can be and you know what they say about taking one to know one.

There’s a difference between a few mistakes and a pattern of behavior that started well before his NFL career. Can he change? Sure. But it will take a lot longer than one or two years of not being in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. So as of now, he still sucks as a human being and isn’t much better as a football player :grin:

Ok Aria, I neither disdain him, nor do I want him near my house. I just believe that everyone should receive the benefit of doubt, no matter the circumstance. Right now, he is a Dallas Cowboy, but I followed him while at Ohio State. Once his playing days are over, neither one us will spend any/much time discussing his life choices.

aria

Reaction score
Ok Aria, I neither disdain him, nor do I want him near my house. I just believe that everyone should receive the benefit of doubt, no matter the circumstance. Right now, he is a Dallas Cowboy, but I followed him while at Ohio State. Once his playing days are over, neither one us will spend any/much time discussing his life choices.
Fair enough and agreed!

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't know. Jerome Bettis was a great heavy hitter RB. I am just saying, if you have to keep him because of his contract, maybe you can change his roll on the team. But as a #1 HB, I don't think Zeke has the wiggle or speed any more to create missed tackles like a Kamara

Zeke never had great wiggle or elusiveness, he is a one cut back, just think of him as Adrian Peterson who also wasn't overly elusive or big on one on one wiggle-miss.
But once they gain momentum to the line, feel and sense a slight cut lane, they hit and accelerate ahead, in and out of the hole and into the secondary,..en route to many big splash
runs, homerun TDs. and those two also combined immense pile pushing, tackle breaking power, and they could wear you down to game's end.

At his best shape and form, when designed and schemed properly, Zeke could take a quick screen and hit a long distance TD score (ala Pitt, Niners)

We have to know what the strengths of our best players are and coach-scheme them to what they do best.
I'm not for making Zeke trying to be Kamara, ..i'm for him giving us an AP like breakaway dimension in what was imagine when we took him 4th overall and
made him the highest paid RB in NFL history ..at the time. :rolleyes:

quickccc

Reaction score
Imo, bottom line is getting Zeke in the best preparation and position to excel and meet expectations:
1) re-shape ZKE body towards more agility and explosiveness
2) coach scheme to what plays work best for him (both in run and pass game)
3) present strongest support cast for him, ala OL, QB, backup RBs, blocking TEs

:D

jnday

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter where he finished. He was in turmoil. He was getting suspended. And that was hanging over his head imagine with the numbers could’ve been
In Zeke’s defense, Goodell’s decision to suspend him was the biggest railroad job in the history of the league. Zeke has made some dumb decisions, but in that case, he was innocent.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In Zeke’s defense, Goodell’s decision to suspend him was the biggest railroad job in the history of the league. Zeke has made some dumb decisions, but in that case, he was innocent.
I don’t care whose fault it is it still hurt the team. The guys a pervert I don’t like him

aria

Reaction score
I honestly think his St Patricks Day incident played a large role in that suspension. The idiot was being investigated for DV against a woman and whether innocent or guilty he went out in public and exposed a woman’s breast.

It doesn’t matter if she was doing it to herself or not. He was clearly not understanding the magnitude of the situation and that probably pissed Goodell off (rightfully so).

If I’m being investigated at work for a complaint against me, whether I’m guilty or not, I guaranteed you I would be hiding under a rock until the investigation was over and even afterwards I would be on my best behavior.

To top it off, the moron had several other incidents AFTER he was suspended, that could have resulted in much worse consequences had the NFL decided to pursue it.

He’s an idiotic dummy moron and should consider himself lucky at this point.

aria

Reaction score
I don’t care whose fault it is it still hurt the team. The guys a pervert I don’t like him
Exactly, that’s what a lot of his supporters don’t get or they try to minimize his actions. What pisses me off the most is he put the entire team at jeopardy with his selfish irresponsible actions.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke never had great wiggle or elusiveness, he is a one cut back, just think of him as Adrian Peterson who also wasn't overly elusive or big on one on one wiggle-miss.
But once they gain momentum to the line, feel and sense a slight cut lane, they hit and accelerate ahead, in and out of the hole and into the secondary,..en route to many big splash
runs, homerun TDs. and those two also combined immense pile pushing, tackle breaking power, and they could wear you down to game's end.

At his best shape and form, when designed and schemed properly, Zeke could take a quick screen and hit a long distance TD score (ala Pitt, Niners)

We have to know what the strengths of our best players are and coach-scheme them to what they do best.
I'm not for making Zeke trying to be Kamara, ..i'm for him giving us an AP like breakaway dimension in what was imagine when we took him 4th overall and
made him the highest paid RB in NFL history ..at the time. :rolleyes:
Great assessment quick!
we spent 10 years saying what a silly NFL head coach Jason was. Why? Because he called great plays, game plans...and made the very best use of all players?

I would think THAT is what makes a coach good or bad. It HAS to effect players performances. How many times did we misuse zeke? Either silly plays or not using him at all. Lots, I'd say. It's a MAJOR part of being a bad coach.

Then add in the inevitable bad games or bad stretches "pretty much" every player/athlete has...and now we have an excuse to pile on the hate.

THEN we have a few sillies who criticize his personal life. As if he's a rabbi or war hero. Even those people can have their personality flaws but we typically don;t care too much.

Unless you need an excuse for irrational hate.

So we're gonna take one of the very best rookie seasons by rb ever...and criticize him for not being able to beat it year after year...on a very much maligned coach and ownership organization? I'll never understand it. But...humans be humans, I suppose.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, that’s what a lot of his supporters don’t get or they try to minimize his actions. What pisses me off the most is he put the entire team at jeopardy with his selfish irresponsible actions.
You will never convince me a six game suspension was legit. Against police/justice system and his very own female consul.

Only an agenda of hate agrees.

I still think he has some condition....that has been hidden/buried/ignored. ADD? ADHD? Addictions? I dunno but this...is not "normal":

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

There is no defense for Elliott. There's a clause in EVERY players contract and an actual NFL rule that deals with persona behavior. That means if a player puts himself in a position where he can be arrested he has violated that clause and rule. A conviction is not required for either to be violated. The clause and rule is there to persuade players to act in a mature adult manner and not like a teenager at some party and to protect the shield or the league from any negative or embarrassing publicity. Elliott violated both and therefore was suspended. There is no viable excise for Elliott's behavior on this and so there is no viable excuse those that think is was wrong can give.

CWR

Reaction score
This is a young man’s game. Are we built to bang the ball. That’s the only question , if you keep Elliot or not. There’s a lot of things I don’t like about him there’s a lot of things I like about him. It’s all about the scheme as much is the player. It’s not personal. So in my opinion the answer is no I would let him go

I think we WERE built to bang. Now we appear to be better slinging the ball. This oline, while still good, probably won't get back to its 2014, 2016 heights. Unless we add some more talent or our luck on the injury front changes.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zeke is fat, stupid and quit on the team after getting his money two years early. Anyone who still defends him should have their heads examined.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
If the cowboys continue to add to the Oline then I'm fine with Zeke sticking around until we can unload him. If they can sway one of there WR for an Olineman I'd be happy. Also scheme as well. If we are gonna be throwing the ball at a high rate I better see 4-5 RB Draw plays a game