bigE79

Reaction score
I hope Dak has a GREAT year!
I hope Zeke has a GREAT year!
I hope LVE has a GREAT year!
I hope they all have a GREAT year!

I don’t care if I’m “right”!

I care about the Dallas Cowboys!
I hope everyone does THEIR job so the "Dallas Cowboys" have a great year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hope you find closure. I’ll continue to hope the Cowboys win. And enjoy myself.

Sure, as long as you realize hope has nothing to do with it. Thats like saying, I like to breath. Do you enjoy losing?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yep.............they want a fan club. This isnt a fan club. This a Cowboys football discussion forum.

Casual/fair weather fans will be disappointed. They fall into the "homer" bin.
Lots of Homers and lots of Haters in every fan base.
I could care less, just want the Dallas Cowboys to finally get it together.
This team is closer this year than many fans are willing to accept and recognize.
2022 Cowboys are going to be a very young, aggressive team.
The yellow flags will be flying, this defense is going to disturb league officials.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one blindly hopes. It’s just PART of it for a normal fan.

IF we all hope, then why mention it at all?

"duh, I hope the Cowboys do well"

Yah, so do all of us? Why are you telling us that? Your going to make a thread about how you hope the cowboys do well? :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

As if we dont too?

Motorola

Reaction score
Sure, as long as you realize hope has nothing to do with it. Thats like saying, I like to breath. Do you enjoy losing?
If you don’t breath, you’ll lose. Guaranteed.
Breathing is a subconsciously controlled body function. It is involuntary, automatic, and continuous.
We humans can control it somewhat when speaking, singing, holding our breaths.
But it goes on when we are asleep, and during most circumstances if we become unconscious.

ESisback

Reaction score
Maybe we should start a thread about how if you dont breah, your going to die? :laugh::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Are you being intentionally dense, have you forgotten the OP, or is your comprehension lacking? The whole point of this thread was to contrast the “We’re doomed” mentality that owns a large portion of the fanbase. Dak sucks, Elliott is toast, the OL is shot, the HC is a fat puppet, the FO is staffed by morons, etc., etc. We’ve heard it all. Repeatedly, endlessly. Normal fans discuss and hope for the best, enjoying the ride, and not convinced we’ve got everything figured out.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Breathing is a subconsciously controlled body function. It is involuntary, automatic, and continuous.
We humans can control it somewhat when speaking, singing, holding our breaths.
But it goes on when we are asleep, and during most circumstances if we become unconscious.
Brother Motorola, I thought I needed TC to begin, but you need it more than even I do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Are you being intentionally dense, have you forgotten the OP, or is your comprehension lacking? The whole point of this thread was to contrast the “We’re doomed” mentality that owns a large portion of the fanbase. Dak sucks, Elliott is toast, the OL is shot, the HC is a fat puppet, the FO is staffed by morons, etc., etc. We’ve heard it all. Repeatedly, endlessly. Normal fans discuss and hope for the best, enjoying the ride, and not convinced we’ve got everything figured out.

Yah, I was being intentionally dense because I thought that was what you were doing. :thumbup:

As far as the op, it didnt sit well with me. Hope is a given, we all hope. Pointless to say we hope. Even the haters hope. They just hope for different things.

Talking about how good or bad things are or who sucks and who doenst is the nuts and bolts of sports talk and fandom.

When you listen to sport radio, who are the most boring callers? ITs that guys taht go "duh, lets go Cowboys, I hope were gonna win it all this year....bye"

Its about discussions, good or bad. Reality. Just because someone says Dak sucks or Zeke sucks doesnt mean doom and gloom. Thats something a homer would say.

If we suck we suck, no harm in saying it. Reality is what it is. We all hope the Cowboys do great. Its redundant to have to say it.

Motorola

Reaction score
Brother Motorola, I thought I needed TC to begin, but you need it more than even I do.
Typhus - I just "butted in" on the Cowboy Roy-ESisback back & forth. Other than not understanding the gist of their dialog -- how is it that you think "I need TC"?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Typhus - I just "butted in" on the Cowboy Roy-ESisback back & forth. Other than not understanding the gist of their dialog -- how is it that you think "I need TC"?
We all need Training Camp to begin is my point, the dialogue in this forum can be special this year.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
We all need Training Camp to begin is my point, the dialogue in this forum can be special this year.
Now understand --- and on board with your view.
Subtractions of notable veterans - Cedric Wilson Jr., Conner Williams, Randy Gregory, Amari Cooper, La`el Collins...just for starters.