There’s something wrong with us

ESisback

Reaction score
Yep, we need to argue and some have picked out targets then all we need is a thread. Topic doesn't matter, any thread will do.

We've got a thread here about trying to be positive and members are still arguing about that.

One thing that has puzzled me and not just here but on the other site as well. Why in the hell does anyone care if another members want to be positive? Are we so envious of that we need to try and bring them down? That also swings the other way.

I hope the Nude Bake Sale is a success. I hope you have fun undressing while eating brownies. I hope the ocean is as blue as it is in my dreams. I hope.
—Red (Morgan Freeman)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well yeah, but there's something to be said for optimism and positivity.
It is a choice that people make.

I was a card carrying pessimist for 60 years and would proudly tell optimists that I am either right or pleasantly surprised but I win either way. And then I was forced into being optimistic and positive about something I had no effect on the outcome and the outcome was exactly what I feared. But then the light went on.

Being optimistic and positive, especially about things we do not control, has nothing to do with the destination, the results. It is all about the journey.

Happiness doesn't just happen; it is a choice but we often fail to see that right in front of us. Being right becomes more important than being happy.

Hell, I was right a lot in those 60 years and not as happy as those that were wrong.

ESisback

Reaction score
Hope has nothing to do with whether

-Dak has a good season
-Cowboys have a good season
-Lamb has a good season

ect........ect..........

Most come on here to discuss the possibilities of those things and what it would take for them to happen or not.

Do you really come on here to tell people you hope the Cowboys do well? How many threads do you see like that on here?
I hope I see more threads containing hope.

ESisback

Reaction score

I was a card carrying pessimist for 60 years and would proudly tell optimists that I am either right or pleasantly surprised but I win either way. And then I was forced into being optimistic and positive about something I had no effect on the outcome and the outcome was exactly what I feared. But then the light went on.

Being optimistic and positive, especially about things we do not control, has nothing to do with the destination, the results. It is all about the journey.

Happiness doesn't just happen; it is a choice but we often fail to see that right in front of us. Being right becomes more important than being happy.

Hell, I was right a lot in those 60 years and not as happy as those that were wrong.
You figured it out! Yet another reason you’re the Grand Poobah!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well said. I think pessimists and detractors think it makes them look in-the-know, objective, and generally a better fan. They certainly would rather be right than see the player succeed.

Other people seem afraid to emotionally invest. But they don't want to admit the fragility so they steel their emotions...as you say....one is either correct or "pleasantly" wrong. Might seem like a win win on the surface but it's not.

Doesn't mean you can't fairly assess / criticize a player or team. You can tell when the line gets crossed.