There are going to be a couple dozen good DTs this FA

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys will draft a CB in the first 3 rounds. Probably the first 2. They might get another late in the draft also.

That's what I'm expecting as well. And it wouldn't surprise me if they brought in a cheap free agent that one of the coaches is familiar with also.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Newsflash for ya, he's not "available" at all. You've managed to be wrong about every single thing when it comes to David Irving. That takes some work.
$100 says he will be available then we could see who's right.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
$100 says he will be available then we could see who's right.

You said he is available. He isn't.

And what exactly are you betting $100 to be "right" about? You're already wrong in calling him "available".

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I actually agree with you that I also think Awuzie and Lewis will be the prohibitive starters after Jones leaves in free agency. But I believe they will use a premium pick on another cornerback to add to that group and challenge to start at some point (or provide depth at the beginning).

Keep in mind that both Lewis and Awuzie are unrestricted free agents themselves following this season. This team will need an influx of talent at the cornerback position no matter what.

I think if Lewis and Awuzie are the starters this year then the team is going to be looking to use the first- and second-round picks on players who also can start this year at other spots. It won't surprise me if a corner is taken as early as the third round to compete for playing time and possibly ascend to a starting sport in 2021. I just think the more pressing needs will prevail with those first couple of picks unless the Joneses decide it's time to address those in FA.

If we let both Jones and Brown go, I think the team will bring in a cheaper vet to compete for the nickel spot against the mid-round rookie and we'll also take another corner a little bit later. That would give us Lewis, Awuzie, cheap vet, mid-round rookie, later-round rookie possibly as our top five. I am still intrigued by Chris Westry as well, but he might not fit as well with the coaching change.

Again, I'm not suggesting that this is what I want to do. I'd prefer to keep Jones. I just don't think Dallas is going to believe there's a $10-plus million difference in talent between Jones and Lewis as starters. Outside of that, I'd rather keep Brown as a third corner candidate instead of bringing in a different vet if the price is right. In fact, it wouldn't necessarily surprise me to see Brown win the starting spot if he's kept. I don't say that because I think Brown is great, but both Awuzie and Lewis have struggled at times, as has Brown.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if Lewis and Awuzie are the starters this year then the team is going to be looking to use the first- and second-round picks on players who also can start this year at other spots. It won't surprise me if a corner is taken as early as the third round to compete for playing time and possibly ascend to a starting sport in 2021. I just think the more pressing needs will prevail with those first couple of picks unless the Joneses decide it's time to address those in FA.

If we let both Jones and Brown go, I think the team will bring in a cheaper vet to compete for the nickel spot against the mid-round rookie and we'll also take another corner a little bit later. That would give us Lewis, Awuzie, cheap vet, mid-round rookie, later-round rookie possibly as our top five. I am still intrigued by Chris Westry as well, but he might not fit as well with the coaching change.

Again, I'm not suggesting that this is what I want to do. I'd prefer to keep Jones. I just don't think Dallas is going to believe there's a $10-plus million difference in talent between Jones and Lewis as starters. Outside of that, I'd rather keep Brown as a third corner candidate instead of bringing in a different vet if the price is right. In fact, it wouldn't necessarily surprise me to see Brown win the starting spot if he's kept. I don't say that because I think Brown is great, but both Awuzie and Lewis have struggled at times, as has Brown.

Suffice to say that I believe that cornerback will be drafted higher than you do.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe KSK finally gets his big fat boy in the middle. Here's hoping for a 350 lb zero tech.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Absolutely not. Too high priced. Dallas is continuing on moving forward by drafting young legs for defensive positions.

like the new face shot of kitty....please remind me of his name i have short term memory issues?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What about developing Tristen Hill and not using up our best round picks on DT. I'd rather have a S or a CB that can intercept passes.

we need a run stuffer..a "fatty" at 1-tech

cern

Reaction score
I agree that it's a buyer's market, but I consider some of the names you listed as "ridiculously priced", like Brockers and Suh, and possibly McCoy. Those guys are used to making the big bucks.
players should be paid for what they can produce in the future, but some continue to be paid for what they have done in the past. kind of like making the pro bowl.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I was so pissed last year when the DT class was super loaded and we did nothing

For the price of cutting Crawford we could of literally upgraded both DT spots........ (If that doesn't turn the fans against the front office then I don't know what will).

Of course the front office couldn't cut crawford because "he's our friend" "uhhh he's a locker-room guy" "we would look stupid giving him a big deal then cutting him" "uhh Rod knows what he's doing"

Pathetic

kskboys

Reaction score

For the price of cutting Crawford we could of literally upgraded both DT spots........ (If that doesn't turn the fans against the front office then I don't know what will).

Of course the front office couldn't cut crawford because "he's our friend" "uhhh he's a locker-room guy" "we would look stupid giving him a big deal then cutting him" "uhh Rod knows what he's doing"

Pathetic
I still want to know how I can pick out guys like Mike Daniels(4th), Javon Hargrave(3rd), Grady Jarrett(5th), and Geno Atkins(5th) and we cannot.

Those are all guys I wanted us to draft, all were easily w/i reach. Why can't we even pick out one guy in the mid rounds?

Kaiser

Reaction score
or the price of cutting Crawford we could of literally upgraded both DT spots........ (If that doesn't turn the fans against the front office then I don't know what will).

Cutting Crawford last year would only have saved 3 Million under the cap and then you would spend around that much to replace him. They ended up paying Michael Bennett about 2 Million for half a season to replace him.

There is absolutely no chance Crawford returns on his current deal, they save 8 Million by cutting him. But there was no real savings in cutting him last year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cutting Crawford last year would only have saved 3 Million under the cap and then you would spend around that much to replace him. They ended up paying Michael Bennett about 2 Million for half a season to replace him.

There is absolutely no chance Crawford returns on his current deal, they save 8 Million by cutting him. But there was no real savings in cutting him last year.

Cutting Crawford last year would have saved double what you're saying.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tyrone-crawford-9891/

They could have saved $5.9 million.

Instead, they wasted a cap hit of $10.1 million in 2019.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Pathetic

All the signs were there with Crawford. They had every reason why they should have cut him and the dummies sat on their hands instead. And wasted $10.1 million.

Tussinman

Reaction score

His cap savings for last year would of been 5.9 million.

5.9 million is more money then both Danny Shelton and Johnathan Hankins combined...... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

All the signs were there with Crawford. They had every reason why they should have cut him and the dummies sat on their hands instead. And wasted $10.1 million.
Even multiple news outlets wrote articles about how he's logically a cap causality...... (lol)