There is an elephant in the room...

Macnalty

Reaction score
Wonder why no one discusses why Taschard has been sitting for 13 games, are we that inept at spotting talent?(Forget about Jimmy Smith) Surely with Felix being out of the Washington game we had to revaluate our methods... Oh Montrae Holland did not know the playbook.... Oh Roy Williams(WR) just getting acclimated to our system and QB backups looked fine in practice... are we regressing to the mean.
Am I the only one who gets nervous and embarrassed every time Wade try's to come up with a new excuse on injuries or who messed up a block? I secretly get the same feeling with "CrazyCowboy". Can we just declare that he is never going to say what is really happening, and that we hereby trust him as much as a car salesman at closing on the last day of the month. No insult intended to those who sell cars although I am sure I have lost many braincells dealing with you guys.
We did so well in the draft and now we do so poorly in the execution of our talent into a game plan... thank heaven our win prevention coaches are still burning the midnight oil. I hate to say it but is like watching Baywatch on reruns with Tank(is he injured) playing David Hasselhoff, how is that for excitement and a sense of team pride. It is OK to admit that you have thought the same. This is how we get better by not letting this kind of effort slide. Of course you know who plays Pamela Anderson...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Macnalty;2480553 said:
Wonder why no one discusses why Taschard has been sitting for 13 games, are we that inept at spotting talent?(Forget about Jimmy Smith) Surely with Felix being out of the Washington game we had to revaluate our methods... Oh Montrae Holland did not know the playbook.... Oh Roy Williams(WR) just getting acclimated to our system and QB backups looked fine in practice... are we regressing to the mean.
Am I the only one who gets nervous and embarrassed every time Wade try's to come up with a new excuse on injuries or who messed up a block? I secretly get the same feeling with "CrazyCowboy". Can we just declare that he is never going to say what is really happening, and that we hereby trust him as much as a car salesman at closing on the last day of the month. No insult intended to those who sell cars although I am sure I have lost many braincells dealing with you guys.
We did so well in the draft and now we do so poorly in the execution of our talent into a game plan... thank heaven our win prevention coaches are still burning the midnight oil. I hate to say it but is like watching Baywatch on reruns with Tank(is he injured) playing David Hasselhoff, how is that for excitement and a sense of team pride. It is OK to admit that you have thought the same. This is how we get better by not letting this kind of effort slide. Of course you know who plays Pamela Anderson...

i hate to say it, but many fans are like listening to eyore day in and day out. if something isn't wrong, make it up. let's all feel bad and bring everyone down with you.

if we were that bad at spotting talent, then choice wouldn't be here for you to make such a silly comparison, now would he?

we've got 3 incredible rb's for a change.
we've got potential we've simply never seen before at this position in a long long time.

and the whiner brigade has to focus on getting a shot in regardless of the reality around it.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Macnalty;2480553 said:

Wade is an excuse maker and old. So - like Tuna - he'll NEVER take new/youth over tried & true unless his hand is forced. This is why we misused Felix, Choice notably all year, then consider all the other rookies too.

Wade & Jerry are the kings of denial & spin so NEVER take what they say literally.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
chinch;2480563 said:
Wade is an excuse maker and old. So - like Tuna - he'll NEVER take new/youth over tried & true unless his hand is forced. This is why we misused Felix, Choice notably all year, then consider all the other rookies too.

Wade & Jerry are the kings of denial & spin so NEVER take what they say literally.

Yeah throw rookie out there regardless if they are ready or not if they fail right off the bat I'm sure the same idiots would be hollering how they were bust. Not even Emmitt started the season as a rookie, he was worked into the lineup but then I guess Johnson had no clue of what he was doing. Maybe you just don't have a clue.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
How can we be inept at spotting talent when we drafted Choice?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Whether it is a rookie or a veteran brought in midseason for whatever reason, Wade, likes to sit on new talent. It is fairly obvious from a far his loyalty is with those that have gone to battle with him. He plays who he trusts and he only trusts who has played for him. Fundamentally he is an old school coach that gets along with modern day players.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Some people don't understand that 90% of rookies who come into the league are not ready to play right away. Rookies make mistakes, and mistakes cost you ballgames.

Why is it so hard to comprehend that these kids have progressed tremendously from early in the year when they had no comprehension of how tough this NFL game really is? Just because they can play now doesn't mean they could in September.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I really doubt it took Holland all this time to learn the playbook. When I look back and see all the bad blocks and getting run over that we got from the proctologist, one really has to question the staff. Add to the almost criminal lack of use Felix got, and the very clear talent Choice showed, frankly its very to the point to consider if the staff or wade or both are frankly out of their depth.
It is KNOWN that the easiest position for a rookie to make it is at RB.

thisisepic

One and Done
Reaction score
In the NFL when you are a contending football team you go with the guys who got you there you can trust.

How many times have we all seen Barber seal a game by getting that final first down to run out the clock? Have you ever seen Choice do that? No you havent and neither have the coaches.

For that reason do you trust a guy in a situation like that if you can rely on someone you have seen do it time and time again?

I'm all for getting young guys into games and seeing what they are made of but we're not the Detroit Lions we dont have the luxury to try these things.

TonyS

Reaction score
What MacNalty is trying to say is that we knew all these things about other players (Holland not knowing the playbook, etc...), but we didn't know how well Choice would perform when called upon. He is probably concerned that we ran Barber into the ground when we had a truly capable RB in Choice standing on the sidelines.

The effective running games in this league generally rely on two or more backs and we basically took a long time to incorporate Felix and a longer time to incorporate Choice while we rode Barber.

This has been brought up a ton, but looks like MacNalty is a new poster. For the most part, this board sucks at the way they treat others, especially those with differing opinions. Welcome MacNalty and don't be afraid to post more.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
WADE , Wade , wade , It's always about Wade . Every problem you mention is on the offensive side of the ball , not the defensive . Wade saw the light and got Rat moved to center , he heard voices that told him to figure out ways to get B. James more involved , he had a vision and was able to get both our rookie corners a lot of snaps . Late in the season the defense is clicking !

Then we have Garrett , Red Jesus , the chosen one . He can't figure out a way to get F. Jones involved and only manages to throw the ball to him twice in 6 games . We have Choice that should be spelling Barber a couple of series in every game that he can't get on the field . We have TO who he can't figure out how to move around to get him involved . We have R. Williams who Garrett hasn't heard was signed yet . And we have an offense who overall can't grind out a game and finish .

I know all the hype about Garrett , and I bought in to it hook , line , and sinker . Now...I'm spitting the bait out . I don't know the answer , maybe you offer Mike Leach the world to become OC , maybe you go after an OC on another team , I don't know . All I know is that something has to change on the offensive side of the ball . You simply can't have this many weapons and not get better results out of them .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
viman96;2480594 said:
Whether it is a rookie or a veteran brought in midseason for whatever reason, Wade, likes to sit on new talent. It is fairly obvious from a far his loyalty is with those that have gone to battle with him. He plays who he trusts and he only trusts who has played for him. Fundamentally he is an old school coach that gets along with modern day players.

It is up to the player to earn the trust by showing the staff he is ready to take on the roll. I think it is easy for fans to say throw them out there but what do fans base this on? Coaches base it on what they see in the players through out the week and they see in the film rooms and meetings they are not playing a guessing game they base it on facts on the ground that they see daily

LRcowboy Fan

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;2480615 said:
Then we have Garrett , Red Jesus , the chosen one . He can't figure out a way to get F. Jones involved and only manages to throw the ball to him twice in 6 games .

Even a moron like Houston Nutt knew how to use Felix Jones. Garrett is way overrated.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2480600 said:
Some people don't understand that 90% of rookies who come into the league are not ready to play right away. Rookies make mistakes, and mistakes cost you ballgames.

Why is it so hard to comprehend that these kids have progressed tremendously from early in the year when they had no comprehension of how tough this NFL game really is? Just because they can play now doesn't mean they could in September.

:signmast: :hammer:

You stop that right this second, young man.............

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2480559 said:
I'm drinking coffee and it still makes no sense.

Yup, coffee, breakfast, shower and shave. It gets no better