There is an elephant in the room...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2480636 said:
ummmmm......I still don't see an elephant.

He left. Take off your shoes before you go into the house........... :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This is "an elephant in the room?" How? We've been discussing these topics ad nauseum for weeks. There isn't a subject about this team that we don't discuss.

It's just our team that doesn't realize what we have huh? That is so ridiculous an idea that it isn't worth the powder to blow the theory to hell. Why'd we even draft these players or trade for them if we didn't know what they could add to the team? That's the "elephant in the room," that people are too preoccupied with their own silly thoughts to think about what the team may be doing.

Anyone who thinks every move we make is about 2008 only needs to come to grips with what this game is about. The moves made by the team go way beyond this year. Yes, they are about doing it all this year. But they are about doing it for the long haul as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;2480658 said:
This is "an elephant in the room?" How? We've been discussing these topics ad nauseum for weeks. There isn't a subject about this team that we don't discuss.

It's just our team that doesn't realize what we have huh? That is so ridiculous an idea that it isn't worth the powder to blow the theory to hell. Why'd we even draft these players or trade for them if we didn't know what they could add to the team? That's the "elephant in the room," that people are too preoccupied with their own silly thoughts to think about what the team may be doing.

Anyone who thinks every move we make is about 2008 only needs to come to grips with what this game is about. The moves made by the team go way beyond this year. Yes, they are about doing it all this year. But they are about doing it for the long haul as well.

True that is why you see most FA play right away because there were brought in for the here and now rookies on the other hand are normally brought along slower as they adjust to the NFL or bide their time behind more proven starters.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2480600 said:
Some people don't understand that 90% of rookies who come into the league are not ready to play right away. Rookies make mistakes, and mistakes cost you ballgames.

Why is it so hard to comprehend that these kids have progressed tremendously from early in the year when they had no comprehension of how tough this NFL game really is? Just because they can play now doesn't mean they could in September.

:clap:

And have you taken a look at the playbooks for an NFL team? :eek:

They're as big as phone books.

You can see why many rookie quarterbacks don't succeed. And even though running back is one of the easiest positions to make an immediate impact, a running back still has to understand blitz packages as well as all of the plays and the "check downs."

But we have a group of geniuses in here who are not only tough and can play through pinky and toe separation but who can absorb a playbook in one evening.

Strap em' up. The Cowboys need ja. ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/20699859__1203953985__1__1-c61ce614.jpg

DallasEast--> :spanking: <--Forum police

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2480568 said:
Yeah throw rookie out there regardless if they are ready or not if they fail right off the bat I'm sure the same idiots would be hollering how they were bust. Not even Emmitt started the season as a rookie, he was worked into the lineup but then I guess Johnson had no clue of what he was doing. Maybe you just don't have a clue.
:laugh2:
Yup, Felix wasn't ready vs Wash after having scored a few TDs already & looking like a veteran (in camp during hard knocks cupcake & co said he's like a veteran)

Emmitt played 16 games, 241 carries and offensive rookie of the year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitEm00.htm

Despite the fact that he sat out training camp and the pre-season because of a contract dispute

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2480619 said:
It is up to the player to earn the trust by showing the staff he is ready to take on the roll. I think it is easy for fans to say throw them out there but what do fans base this on? Coaches base it on what they see in the players through out the week and they see in the film rooms and meetings they are not playing a guessing game they base it on facts on the ground that they see daily

I agree. My comments were not to criticize Wade. Just my observation from 30,000 feet.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
chinch;2480684 said:
:laugh2:
Yup, Felix wasn't ready vs Wash after having scored a few TDs already & looking like a veteran (in camp during hard knocks cupcake & co said he's like a veteran)

Emmitt played 16 games, 241 carries and offensive rookie of the year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitEm00.htm

Despite the fact that he sat out training camp and the pre-season because of a contract dispute

Felix was getting playing time up until he was injured and no doubt in the Washington game Dallas should have done more running even Phillips admits that. As for Emmitt 241 was the fewest carries in he had in Dallas and did not start the season.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2480695 said:
Felix was getting playing time up until he was injured and no doubt in the Washington game Dallas should have done more running even Phillips admits that. As for Emmitt 241 was the fewest carries in he had in Dallas and did not start the season.

good backtracking.

Felix had 30 carries, 3TDs in SIX games played.

so now you're saying he was getting playtime (9 carries opening day, 6.9 avg & a TD) even though he did NOT prove himself in the NFL to cupcake & co.

Then our brilliant, proven coaches in the next 3 games give Felis THREE, SIX then ZERO carries. Holy contradiction batman

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8799/gamelog;_ylt=AqCyrf34c6hsQNafQ89Bk4b.uLYF

Doomsday101

Reaction score
chinch;2480713 said:
good backtracking.

so now you're saying he was getting playtime (9 carries opening day, 6.9 avg & a TD) even though he did NOT prove himself in the NFL to cupcake & co.

Then our brilliant, proven coaches in the next 3 games give Felis THREE, SIX then ZERO carries. Holy contradiction batman

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8799/gamelog;_ylt=AqCyrf34c6hsQNafQ89Bk4b.uLYF

I'm saying he was eased into the games not starting but getting playing time. Was it the amount you wanted? Frankly I don't care what you want, You can boo hoo all day long as you normally do it make me no difference. As I said younger players are brought along more slowly than proven vets. Unfortunately Felix is injured now so we don't know how much more time he would have been getting had he not been injured

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2480713 said:
good backtracking.

Riddle me this Chinchman, how many teams have an established RB and draft a rookie to be his breather and run that rookie 10 times per game?

Let's look at the facts before you start the engine on that bus.

Ray Rice in Baltimore was brought in to give McGahee a breather now and then. In game 1 of the season McGahee couldn't go so Rice got most of the work and played decently. 22 carries, 3 catches for 83 total yards. For the next few games here's how many total touches he got, carries and catches.

5, 1, 0, 13, 9, 11.

Then he has another game with 21 carries and 3 catches. This time he racks up 176 yards. Oh yeah McGahee was sitting in that game too. So after this great game let's see how many touches he got.

9, 12, 11.

Then another game where McGahee sat and he gets 15 touches for 55 yards.

McGahee comes back and he goes back to minimal touches.

Wanna bet me I can do that for just about every team that had an established RB and drafted a capable replacement? Maybe it isn't about the inept way our coaches do things so much as it's about the way the whole NFL does stuff?

Paying attention to the rest of the League would help. Just saying.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2480726 said:
I'm saying he was eased into the games not starting but getting playing time. Was it the amount you wanted? Frankly I don't care what you want, You can boo hoo all day long as you normally do it make me no difference. As I said younger players are brought along more slowly than proven vets. Unfortunately Felix is injured now so we don't know how much more time he would have been getting had he not been injured
See my post directly below this one.

Redemption is thine.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;2480674 said:
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/20699859__1203953985__1__1-c61ce614.jpg

DallasEast--> :spanking: <--Forum police
You forgot to add the star.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Hostile;2480733 said:
Riddle me this Chinchman, how many teams have an established RB and draft a rookie to be his breather and run that rookie 10 times per game?
Wanna bet me I can do that for just about every team that had an established RB and drafted a capable replacement? Maybe it isn't about the inept way our coaches do things so much as it's about the way the whole NFL does stuff?

Paying attention to the rest of the League would help. Just saying.
Hostile, we know you love Jason, Jerry the GM & co. but you're proving my point at how inept Wade & co are.

Felix averaged 5 per game this year and - by all accounts was misused prior to injury. Your stats missed the mark.

The fact remains that homers & co. were babbling how CHOICE did nothing to prove himself WORTH OF THE FIELD to our world-class coaching unit. So he didn't play for 10 or so games, much like Felix did nothing vs Wash.

HOWEVER Wade gave (totally unproven) Felix NINE carries opening day!!!

Pot meet kettle. You can't make this stuff up if you tried.

2much2soon

Reaction score
The playing time Bennett, Scandrick, and Jenkins received puts holes in these theories.
Sure, the rookie CBs got time due to injuries but they were being que'd up to play even before that.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
thisisepic;2480557 said:
:confused:

This either makes no sense or I need more coffee.

Doomsday101;2480559 said:
I'm drinking coffee and it still makes no sense.
Try upgrading to Jack Daniels, then it will make sense.

mmillman

Reaction score
I call it the way I see it even though I am a long time Cowboy fan.

Romo has to learn when to take chances and when not to. When teams are close in talent, turnovers will decide the game.

I was one of the first to call out SS Roy Williams and the defense is better without him, buh bye.

Owens is a talent but a detriment when they try and force feed him the ball.

Spears needs to go.

Carpenter needs to go.

Roy Williams receiver needs an offseason and training camp with Romo before I will judge that trade. I supported it when it happened.

Losing Felix was a big loss. He provided a lot of "suddeness" that the offense lacked.

Miles Austin is better than Crayton and should be the slot wr next season.

Martellus has talent.

Cowboys should consider a 4-3 that fits their personnel better.

Hamlin should slide to strong safety next season and FS should either be Henry or the #1 target in FA.

I am ecstatic that the line is together again next season.

Wade needs to be replaced and more attention to detail and discipline injected into the team.

Why does Adams jump offside all the time?

New special teams coach yesterday.

Dallas is the most talented team in the league but plays stupid from the HC on down.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
chinch;2480750 said:
Hostile, we know you love Jason, Jerry the GM & co. but you're proving my point at how inept Wade & co are.

Felix averaged 5 per game this year and - by all accounts was misused prior to injury. Your stats missed the mark.

The fact remains that homers & co. were babbling how CHOICE did nothing to prove himself WORTH OF THE FIELD to our world-class coaching unit. So he didn't play for 10 or so games, much like Felix did nothing vs Wash.

HOWEVER Wade gave (totally unproven) Felix NINE carries opening day!!!

Pot meet kettle. You can't make this stuff up if you tried.

idiocy - meet thread.

there are only so many "touches" available in a game. felix was also a 1st round pick to suppliment barber. choice was a 4th round pick who had to sit and wait.

like he did.

i swear to god people see something and want to pretend there was no work, preparation or effort to get them to that point and it was just there all along.

the stupidity meter can go no higher for this thread and all those whining about choice not getting more touches till now.

how in the love of unholy dirty money can anyone say the cowboys can't evaluate talent cause choice wasn't played yet but they drafted him anyway?

circular logic designed to do nothing more than whine and complian and in the lack of anything substantial to talk about you make crap up to get mad about then pretend it's real and get upset at those giving you a blank look at the idiocy you present to them.