There is an elephant in the room...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This post don't have nothing to do with my sig, does it? :confused:

Oh, and Iceberg, where have you been? The last time I heard from you was when you were on dcfanatic's radio show with Hostile.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2480750 said:
Hostile, we know you love Jason, Jerry the GM & co. but you're proving my point at how inept Wade & co are.
You have no point. This is easy to prove. Read on.

Felix averaged 5 per game this year and - by all accounts was misused prior to injury. Your stats missed the mark.
The same as just about every other RB brought in to spell an established starter.

The fact remains that homers & co. were babbling how CHOICE did nothing to prove himself WORTH OF THE FIELD to our world-class coaching unit. So he didn't play for 10 or so games, much like Felix did nothing vs Wash.
You mean the same as Washington not using Rock Cartwright except on Special Teams a few years ago until both Portis and Betts were dinged up?

Every team does it. You can deny that all you wish. It doesn't change the facts.

HOWEVER Wade gave (totally unproven) Felix NINE carries opening day!!!
Cowboys 1st drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 2nd drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 3rd drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 4th drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 5th drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 6th drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 7th drive. Barber, no touches. Felix, 2 touches. Maybe, just maybe, it would be wise to consider that Barber was getting a breather. Just saying.

Cowboys last drive. Game out of reach for Cleveland. Barber, no touches. Felix, 7 touches. Choice, 7 touches.

Pot meet kettle. You can't make this stuff up if you tried.
Agenda blown up. You can't make this stuff up if you tried.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Hos, you are only further proving Wade's ineptitude and why Felix didn't get carries vs Wash. See my original reply.

OUR STAFF DOES NOT KNOW TO USE OUR PLAYMAKERS.

Thanks for handing over more ammo to the firing squad.

9 carries opening day IN GARBAGE TIME.. so felix (a gamebreaker & change of pace from our primary grinder) was used by CUPCAKE at most 21 meaningful carries in SIX games.

:laugh2:

when you dig up more stats to prove a few more useless points, perhaps Felix had even more GARBAGE TIME CARRIES, further showing Wade & Jason's TOTAL NEGLECT at their jobs.

But hey, you think our GM is doing a bang-up job ;)

Hostile;2480789 said:
You have no point. This is easy to prove. Read on.

The same as just about every other RB brought in to spell an established starter.

You mean the same as Washington not using Rock Cartwright except on Special Teams a few years ago until both Portis and Betts were dinged up?

Every team does it. You can deny that all you wish. It doesn't change the facts.

Cowboys 1st drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 2nd drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 3rd drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 4th drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 5th drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 6th drive. Felix, no touches.

Cowboys 7th drive. Barber, no touches. Felix, 2 touches. Maybe, just maybe, it would be wise to consider that Barber was getting a breather. Just saying.

Cowboys last drive. Game out of reach for Cleveland. Barber, no touches. Felix, 7 touches. Choice, 7 touches.

Agenda blown up. You can't make this stuff up if you tried.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
sticky this post.

mmillman;2480772 said:
I call it the way I see it even though I am a long time Cowboy fan.

Romo has to learn when to take chances and when not to. When teams are close in talent, turnovers will decide the game.

I was one of the first to call out SS Roy Williams and the defense is better without him, buh bye.

Owens is a talent but a detriment when they try and force feed him the ball.

Spears needs to go.

Carpenter needs to go.

Roy Williams receiver needs an offseason and training camp with Romo before I will judge that trade. I supported it when it happened.

Losing Felix was a big loss. He provided a lot of "suddeness" that the offense lacked.

Miles Austin is better than Crayton and should be the slot wr next season.

Martellus has talent.

Cowboys should consider a 4-3 that fits their personnel better.

Hamlin should slide to strong safety next season and FS should either be Henry or the #1 target in FA.

I am ecstatic that the line is together again next season.

Wade needs to be replaced and more attention to detail and discipline injected into the team.

Why does Adams jump offside all the time?

New special teams coach yesterday.

Dallas is the most talented team in the league but plays stupid from the HC on down.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2480568 said:
Yeah throw rookie out there regardless if they are ready or not if they fail right off the bat I'm sure the same idiots would be hollering how they were bust. Not even Emmitt started the season as a rookie, he was worked into the lineup but then I guess Johnson had no clue of what he was doing. Maybe you just don't have a clue.

Yeah, that's a true statement, but Emmitt missed all of training camp and preseason that year too because of a holdout.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Thomas82;2480877 said:
Yeah, that's a true statement, but Emmitt missed all of training camp and preseason that year too because of a holdout.

Yes he did but that does not change the fact that the vast majority of rookies are eased into lineups. This is not college football hell even college you don't find many freshman playing because their mistakes can be extremely costly especially at RB where the job entails more than just running the ball you put your QB butt on the line. As I said fans base their opinion on what? Coaches base it on what they see throughout the week and in the meetings they are not playing a guessing game as fans do they are at least basing it on the facts on the ground they see day in and day out. If Wade and Jerry did not feel these guys could play they would not have drafted them to begin with.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
chinch;2480854 said:
Hos, you are only further proving Wade's ineptitude and why Felix didn't get carries vs Wash. See my original reply.

9 carries opening day IN GARBAGE TIME.. so felix (a gamebreaker & change of pace from our primary grinder) was used by CUPCAKE at most 21 meaningful carries in SIX games.

when you dig up more stats to prove a few more useless points, perhaps Felix had even more GARBAGE TIME CARRIES, further showing Wade & Jason's TOTAL NEGLECT at their jobs.

i really hate this time of year when kids get more computer time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
iceberg;2480901 said:
i really hate this time of year when kids get more computer time.

I agree. Hell Coughlin was not starting Jacobs on day 1 he sat he was eased in and now he is getting the bulk of the carries but it did not start off that way.

Angus

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2480619 said:
It is up to the player to earn the trust by showing the staff he is ready to take on the roll. I think it is easy for fans to say throw them out there but what do fans base this on? Coaches base it on what they see in the players through out the week and they see in the film rooms and meetings they are not playing a guessing game they base it on facts on the ground that they see daily

Yes. What you say is true, but it is unlikely that Choice failed to show enough running or blocking talent in practice to make coaches feel he was ready to do more on the field. There is probably some other reason he was held back, perhaps a promise to Barber and his agent that he would be featured enough to earn pro bowl honors again.

Or a stubborn insistence by Jerry Jones that he get his moneys worth for what he was paying him.

Something made the coaches timid.

:cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2480854 said:
Your opinions of Wade's abilities mean very little to me. I've seen this same nonsense from you for so long that I am no longer surprised.

In your opinion. Not in mine.

The only ammo I provided was water on your fire.

The same way every coach in the NFL uses players when they have ESTABLISHED starters who are weapons. His name is Marion Barber. Of course Wade would give him the bulk of the work. So would any coach in the saddle. That's the point you can't seem to grasp.

Again, this is simply your opinion. No basis in fact. No basis in anythign remotely close to football operations.

I sure do because I happen to understand what his role is. I'd be glad to help you out if you can swallow enough pride to ask. Might have to move your foot out of the way.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2480919 said:
I agree. Hell Coughlin was not starting Jacobs on day 1 he sat he was eased in and now he is getting the bulk of the carries but it did not start off that way.
Coughlin clearly does not know how to use his weapons and should be fired.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Angus;2480929 said:
Yes. What you say is true, but it is unlikely that Choice failed to show enough running or blocking talent in practice to make coaches feel he was ready to do more on the field. There is probably some other reason he was held back, perhaps a promise to Barber and his agent that he would be featured enough to earn pro bowl honors again.

Or a stubborn insistence by Jerry Jones that he get his moneys worth for what he was paying him.

Something made the coaches timid.

:cool:
Or the fact that Barber is so good at what he does that you go with it.

It honestly isn't that hard to grasp.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
chinch;2480913 said:
^^ says the guy with 17,144 posts

see me much in here lately? nope.

i get tired of personal agendas of bored people who's sole purpose is to whine.

Mash

Reaction score
I think Garrett has done a poor job game planning....

That being said...our OL has also been a disappointment and Romo hasnt exactly made great decisions out there.

Roy Williams would have better numbers if Romo looked his way once in awhile....same could be said about getting Bennett involved.

How many times has Romo forced it to Witten and Owens?

It comes down to execution....and game planning....so far IMHO its been a disappointment.

We dont move TO enough....we dont throw slants...and we havent used Crayton...Williams...or Bennett enough in the passing game.

khiladi

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;2480615 said:
WADE , Wade , wade , It's always about Wade . Every problem you mention is on the offensive side of the ball , not the defensive . Wade saw the light and got Rat moved to center , he heard voices that told him to figure out ways to get B. James more involved , he had a vision and was able to get both our rookie corners a lot of snaps . Late in the season the defense is clicking !

Then we have Garrett , Red Jesus , the chosen one . He can't figure out a way to get F. Jones involved and only manages to throw the ball to him twice in 6 games . We have Choice that should be spelling Barber a couple of series in every game that he can't get on the field . We have TO who he can't figure out how to move around to get him involved . We have R. Williams who Garrett hasn't heard was signed yet . And we have an offense who overall can't grind out a game and finish .

I know all the hype about Garrett , and I bought in to it hook , line , and sinker . Now...I'm spitting the bait out . I don't know the answer , maybe you offer Mike Leach the world to become OC , maybe you go after an OC on another team , I don't know . All I know is that something has to change on the offensive side of the ball . You simply can't have this many weapons and not get better results out of them .

Exactly... The only real issue I have with Wade on the defensive side of the ball, in terms of personnel are ANthony Henry and SPencer. But to be fair, Spencer was alos injured so he didn't get time in the beginning of the year because of that. And Brian Stewart was really the man calling the defense at that point. Also, Wade moved Pac-man back into the line-up very quickly and had him playing significantly.

As far as Garrett, I'm beginning to lean more and more to your opinion. Jason Garrett has full control of the offense, so to assume that Wade is putting the majority of input into personnel is irrational. Hell, I believe it was Wade that finally went to Houck asking if Holland was ready to start when Proctor was flat-out sucking. WHy Jason didn't do that earlier, who knows..

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
5Stars;2480786 said:
This post don't have nothing to do with my sig, does it? :confused:

Oh, and Iceberg, where have you been? The last time I heard from you was when you were on dcfanatic's radio show with Hostile.

threads from foo....people like this just got to me. no one wants to talk football in as much as whine and complain.

i hang in the political forums for the most part now and only check in here from time to time. kinda a self-imposed hiatus but i can see my own 'tude as not changed much to the beligerant in here so i'll likely back out to the political forums and stick to my own smaller group elsewhere.

khiladi

Reaction score
Mash;2480977 said:
I think Garrett has done a poor job game planning....

That being said...our OL has also been a disappointment and Romo hasnt exactly made great decisions out there.

Roy Williams would have better numbers if Romo looked his way once in awhile....same could be said about getting Bennett involved.

How many times has Romo forced it to Witten and Owens?

It comes down to execution....and game planning....so far IMHO its been a disappointment.

We dont move TO enough....we dont throw slants...and we havent used Crayton...Williams...or Bennett enough in the passing game.

It is amazing that Bennett wasn't targetted in the Pittsburgh game by Garrett, especially after the prior performance from last week. The way the Steelers play, it would have been a perfect oppurtunity to create some match-up problems against the blitz packages of the Steelers... Roy WIlliams should have been targetted on some fade-routes in the red-zone, when he was beign guarded one-on-one.

I'm so sick and tired of Garrett.

Angus

Reaction score
Hostile;2480953 said:
Or the fact that Barber is so good at what he does that you go with it.

It honestly isn't that hard to grasp.

It is a little hard to grasp, Hostile, that a player who the year before was a part time player, but a great one in the role he played, promoted to starter and every down back is expected to perform as well, without rest, as he did in his former role. My complaint is not only that Choice was not effectively used earlier, but that Barber's talent has been unnecessarily put at risk by stubbornly seeing how much he could be used before it exhausted him. I also think his stats and the team's record suffered because of it.

:star: