There is an elephant in the room...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Angus;2481031 said:
It is a little hard to grasp, Hostile, that a player who the year before was a part time player, but a great one in the role he played, promoted to starter and every down back is expected to perform as well, without rest, as he did in his former role. My complaint is not only that Choice was not effectively used earlier, but that Barber's talent has been unnecessarily put at risk by stubbornly seeing how much he could be used before it exhausted him. I also think his stats and the team's record suffered because of it.

:star:
You could save us from ourselves. Call Jerry immediately.

9 RBs have more carries than Barber. He was averaging 18.75 carries per game. Exhausting him? My gosh we think everyone is soft.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Hostile;2480944 said:
The same way every coach in the NFL uses players when they have ESTABLISHED starters who are weapons. His name is Marion Barber. Of course Wade would give him the bulk of the work. So would any coach in the saddle. That's the point you can't seem to grasp.
No it's you not grasping the picture.

We all know rookies will be weaned in. <----- Duh!

What is laughable is to believe Choice & Felix did NOTHING to prove they deserve actual game time.

And that Barber (previously a backup/finisher) could suddenly become a 25 carry per game back (plus blocker and dumpoff WR) and sustain it 16 games. Plus a trip to superbowl (per jerry).

But whatever, it's just a small example of the futile crew mismanaging the Cowboys.... the same guys you champion & you blindly support !

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
B I N G O

(some here couldn't recognize BINGO if the entire board was filled)

Angus;2481031 said:
It is a little hard to grasp, Hostile, that a player who the year before was a part time player, but a great one in the role he played, promoted to starter and every down back is expected to perform as well, without rest, as he did in his former role. My complaint is not only that Choice was not effectively used earlier, but that Barber's talent has been unnecessarily put at risk by stubbornly seeing how much he could be used before it exhausted him. I also think his stats and the team's record suffered because of it.

:star:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
chinch;2481113 said:
B I N G O

(some here couldn't recognize BINGO if the entire board was filled)

trust me when i tell you we can put the letters together about you - but i'm sure it spells something different on this end.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
chinch;2481107 said:

What is laughable is to believe Choice & Felix did NOTHING to prove they deserve actual game time.

And that Barber (previously a backup/finisher) could suddenly become a 25 carry per game back (plus blocker and dumpoff WR) and sustain it 16 games. Plus a trip to superbowl (per jerry).

But whatever, it's just a small example of the futile crew mismanaging the Cowboys.... the same guys you champion & you blindly support !

no one said they did NOTHING.

but you're pretending the opportunity is always there to get potential young stars the ball.

you see the results of forcing it w/TO yet you're happy to force it when your agenda gets to check off a box.

g'night.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
iceberg;2481120 said:
trust me when i tell you we can put the letters together about you - but i'm sure it spells something different on this end.
you're on ignore now icy. just an FYI i'm sure some from some colony appreciate your posts. best regards.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
chinch;2481125 said:
you're on ignore now icy. just an FYI i'm sure some from some colony appreciate your posts. best regards.

well sweet. now i can check off my own agenda.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2481107 said:

I didn't say they hadn't done anything. I said they've been used the same way BACKUPS are used all over the NFL and have been used for decades. Want me to show you that Tom Landry did the same? NFL legends are stupid in your opinion? I can show you that you must think they are.

Easily.

There's no blind support any more than you'd admit to blind hatred of the same people, but your jealousy is cute as a bug.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Hostile;2481265 said:
I didn't say they hadn't done anything. I said they've been used the same way BACKUPS are used all over the NFL and have been used for decades. Want me to show you that Tom Landry did the same? NFL legends are stupid in your opinion? I can show you that you must think they are.

Easily.

There's no blind support any more than you'd admit to blind hatred of the same people, but your jealousy is cute as a bug.
Stay in this century.

So we drafted a "BACKUP" at the 22nd overall? Great. Too bad in all actuality Jones was supposed to be homerun threat, KO return and RB catching short passes who can take it to the endzone. Not a backup in traditional terms (ie. Hambrick backing up Emmitt).

Wade/Jason didn't accomplish that but injury cut it short. Too bad as we'd have less excuse-making now.

I dont' HATE jerry, wade or jason as people. I DESPISE that they run the Dallas Cowboys (terribly) but don't mistake personal feelings for simple assessment of TERRIBLE NEGLIGENT PERFORMANCE (given the $$$ spent and talent acquired).

Jealous? No, I'm not jealous of anyone needing a face-lift to recapture their youth, bolster their self worth or whatever. Not jealous of someone too ignorant to know when to know when to step aside & let someone competent run things (hire a real GM).

Jason... he'd be great on some B-team with expectations of 5 wins. Send him to the Bengals or Lions & i'll wish him well. Anyways, keep reaching.... you can probably do better ;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
chinch;2481336 said:
Stay in this century.

So we drafted a "BACKUP" at the 22nd overall? Great. Too bad in all actuality Jones was supposed to be homerun threat, KO return and RB catching short passes who can take it to the endzone. Not a backup in traditional terms (ie. Hambrick backing up Emmitt).

Wade/Jason didn't accomplish that but injury cut it short. Too bad as we'd have less excuse-making now.

I dont' HATE jerry, wade or jason as people. I DESPISE that they run the Dallas Cowboys (terribly) but don't mistake personal feelings for simple assessment of TERRIBLE NEGLIGENT PERFORMANCE (given the $$$ spent and talent acquired).

Jealous? No, I'm not jealous of anyone needing a face-lift to recapture their youth, bolster their self worth or whatever. Not jealous of someone too ignorant to know when to know when to step aside & let someone competent run things (hire a real GM).

Jason... he'd be great on some B-team with expectations of 5 wins. Send him to the Bengals or Lions & i'll wish him well. Anyways, keep reaching.... you can probably do better ;)

Please don't take this as a personal attack since I don't want to be banned. But, you are such a hypocrite...a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.

Why the personal attack on Jerry or Garrett?

Carry on...

:rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2481336 said:
Stay in this century.
I can still prove the point. That is the point.

This is a revelation to you? Seriously? That's just sad.

I think you could point fingers and make excuses for just about anything. Cheer up.

I know you do. You think this is some big, dark secret you have? Trust me, it's no revelation. I'd be shocked if you could actually change the record.

You're right, that didn't sound like jealousy at all. Not even a smidge.

Holy cow! Can you believe the green eyes on this crap?

Sorry was that out loud?

Give me something to work with. This is your same tired, no point to it blather for the sake of blathering. Why should I extend myself to answer nonsense? You want to blather, that's your business. I'm just doing this to entertain myself on a day when I am sick and stuck inside. Even on a bad day this is no challenge.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
whatever - i see Ed Werder's just capsized wade's happy/perfect boat :(

Jerry is an attention starved joke ... he's longing for NFL respectability when every one of his moves makes him more of the laughingstock of GMs. His only solution to things is throwing money at people or problems (bodyguards & 24/7 supervision for pacman, doing pacman's banking). He's like the bad parent spoiling his kids (players), showering them with unappreciated gifts, never teaching or mandating responsibility or self-respect (see pacman "jiving")

If that makes me a "hypocrite" then oh well, sorry i am not better to explain it here quickly. Not that most fellow cowboy fans want to hear anything negative about the owner of their club anyways.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2481616 said:
whatever - i see Ed Werder's just capsized wade's happy/perfect boat :(

Jerry is an attention starved joke ... he's longing for NFL respectability when every one of his moves makes him more of the laughingstock of GMs. His only solution to things is throwing money at people or problems (bodyguards & 24/7 supervision for pacman, doing pacman's banking). He's like the bad parent spoiling his kids (players), showering them with unappreciated gifts, never teaching or mandating responsibility or self-respect (see pacman "jiving")

If that makes me a "hypocrite" then oh well, sorry i am not better to explain it here quickly. Not that most fellow cowboy fans want to hear anything negative about the owner of their club anyways.
:lmao2:

Only you would cite the gospel according to Ed Werder as infallible evidence and turn around and tie it to Jerry who isn't even who Werder was talking about.

Next question.

You keep trying to leap that far you'll strain a groin muscle.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Ok, i give up.....i looked everywhere for the elephant and i can't find it, and my room isn't that big.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Hostile;2481649 said:
:lmao2:

Only you would cite the gospel according to Ed Werder as infallible evidence and turn around and tie it to Jerry who isn't even who Werder was talking about.

Next question.

You keep trying to leap that far you'll strain a groin muscle.
Sorry Hos, as much as people loathe him, Werder has more credibility and sources than anyone here. Sure he wants to make headlines, but then again so does TO (team obliterator), so does Tony (carrie... i mean jessica's purse holder) and of course so does your favorite GM (Jerruh), etc..

Shooting the messenger is the easy route. Fire away & have a good evening.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
chinch;2481677 said:
Sorry Hos, as much as people loathe him, Werder has more credibility and sources than anyone here. Sure he wants to make headlines, but then again so does TO (team obliterator), so does Tony (carrie... i mean jessica's purse holder) and of course so does your favorite GM (Jerruh), etc..

A Skip Bayless-wannabe...how impressive....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2481677 said:

I love irony.

Jerry has more football credibility than the same people you mention, plus you, plus Werder.

Bet that stang a little.

twentytwo

Reaction score
chinch;2481677 said:

The only difference, though, is that ESPN gives Ed Werder a microphone and says, "Go get us an interesting story, and then we'll give you your check."

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Hostile;2481697 said:
I love irony.

Jerry has more football credibility than the same people you mention, plus you, plus Werder.

Bet that stang a little.

my belly stang a little from laughing :laugh2:

football "marketing" and sell $10 beers credibility.... sure... yup

football knowledge relating to anything ON THE FIELD :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2481712 said:
my belly stang a little from laughing :laugh2:

football "marketing" and sell $10 beers credibility.... sure... yup

football knowledge relating to anything ON THE FIELD :laugh2:
He played on a National Championship at Arkansas. He has 20 years experience as a General Manager and has 3 Lombardi trophies.

Laugh all you want. The man you hate is better than you and Werder put together and multiplied by 10.