There is no logic to this. Mina Kimes believes not finalizing a deal with Lamb 'makes no sense'

kskboys

Reaction score
Love it when everyone (mostly) believes this is Jerry and Stephen's fault because Lamb isn't signed yet. Everyone should have know last training camp when Lamb believed he was the best WR in the league with possibly the exception of Jefferson. Lamb and his agent also have an agenda, and it is about being the highest paid WR or at least tied with Jefferson as highest paid.

Aiyuk is also in that same category and when one of those 3 gets signed then you will see the other two signed fairly quickly. All three will be free agents at the end of the 2024 season and all 3 could be franchised next year at a cost of roughly $31 million each. Remember the franchise tag is the combining top 5 WRs salaries then divide by 5, and currently that comes to $31 million. That number will change once any of those three sign would will most likely be in the neighborhood of $35 million a year average. AJ Brown is getting $32 million so expect all 3 to start at over that amount.
Since Jerry and Steph have been stupid w/ contracts in the past, it's easy to conclude that it's most likely due to their bumblings.

kskboys

Reaction score
He had great stats, but stats are flawed. you shouldnt judge a player by stats alone.
I saw him on micahs show, and he is a goofball, lol.
Lamb gets more targets than any wr normally gets, and alot of his stats were compiled against teams like the giants.

Against the packers he was shut down in 1st half, and did better in 2nd, but GB had let up and thought they had the game won.
look at what he did in the 2 playoff games with 49's and see how he did, was it "great"

To me to be great you have to be your best at the right moments and in the right games, otherwise it doesnt mean much.

let me add, that now they/you will have to pay him 30--35 mil a year and he may let up and not be as good.
Against a good defense, any wr can be shut down if they commit to it.
Lamb is the golden boy at present. Kinda like how Miles Austin used to be. Can't say anything even slightly negative.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Love it when everyone (mostly) believes this is Jerry and Stephen's fault because Lamb isn't signed yet. Everyone should have know last training camp when Lamb believed he was the best WR in the league with possibly the exception of Jefferson. Lamb and his agent also have an agenda, and it is about being the highest paid WR or at least tied with Jefferson as highest paid.

Aiyuk is also in that same category and when one of those 3 gets signed then you will see the other two signed fairly quickly. All three will be free agents at the end of the 2024 season and all 3 could be franchised next year at a cost of roughly $31 million each. Remember the franchise tag is the combining top 5 WRs salaries then divide by 5, and currently that comes to $31 million. That number will change once any of those three sign would will most likely be in the neighborhood of $35 million a year average. AJ Brown is getting $32 million so expect all 3 to start at over that amount.
you do know that Lamb and Jefferson have the same agent, yes?

FoxF

Reaction score
What’s stands out to me in reading these articles or fan posts on the Zone, is the Cowboys have no clear direction.

Adreme

Reaction score

The thing is though that even if everything you said is true you still could have made Lamb the highest paid in the league at the time and it would be less than it would have cost. If, at the start of the offseason, you offered Lamb, 5 years 160m he almost certainly takes that as it would have made him by far the highest paid in the NFL, as after you take out the fake money in Hill and Adams deals the highest paid WR in the league was Kupp at 26.7m. You would be far and away paying him the most real money in the NFL. With that being said 5 years 155m might have been enough. Now, just a few months later, 5 years 160m is the starting point and it likely goes up to the 5 years 170-175m range because of waiting.

You could have easily given in to his ego months ago when it was cheaper but now every day you wait some new player signs and the number goes up. Jefferson, or maybe Chase if he goes early though probably not, will be the ceiling but you can still get in early and make him the highest paid. If Aiyuk signs then the floor again moves up.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Hold on. I resent the implication you are making for one good reason, I didn't write the thread title. It is quoted from the article. They all are. We don't 'rewrite' them to fit any agenda or to stir the pot. In fact, I'll challenge you to find an article posted in here that has a different title. Go.....

In the meantime here is the title of the article "“There is no logic to this..” Mina Kimes believes Cowboys not finalizing a deal with CeeDee Lamb ‘makes no sense’" and here is the title of this thread "There is no logic to this. Mina Kimes believes not finalizing a deal with Lamb 'makes no sense'"

What part of the thread title "makes zero sense" to you?

I’ve linked plenty articles…typically I’ll say something like “interesting article from Kimes” etc for example and then link the article. Putting the article headline without making it clear that it’s an excerpt /quote leads to confusion about whether its opinion or article.

kskboys

Reaction score
Then he’s a FA and walks for nothing but a comp pick a year later, maybe. Any 3rd year plsyer you don’t plan to sign you should trade so you get value for them
Unless you're the Dallas Cowboys, then you just let them walk for nothing. Unless they PO Jerry, then you trade them for beans and a bag of chetos.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Then he’s a FA and walks for nothing but a comp pick a year later, maybe. Any 3rd year plsyer you don’t plan to sign you should trade so you get value for them
We'd have to be pretty dumb to head into the offseason with Lamb and Bland being free agents...I assume Lamb will get a deal, more than what he would have gotten a few months ago and we'll franchise Bland

conner01

Reaction score
We'd have to be pretty dumb to head into the offseason with Lamb and Bland being free agents...I assume Lamb will get a deal, more than what he would have gotten a few months ago and we'll franchise Bland
I haven’t looked at next years cap but the tag might be mighty expensive.

Motorola

Reaction score
I haven’t looked at next years cap but the tag might be mighty expensive.
2024 tags for cornerbacks:
Franchise tender- $19.802 million
Transition tender- $17.215 million
So expect the 2025 amounts to be slightly higher.

kskboys

Reaction score
Franchise Bland? That's nuts. He's an ordinary CB w/ a knack for TO's. He's not a topflight corner.

blueblood70

Reaction score
THE fact that Justin jefferson's contract just got done means this will be expedited in the coming weeks... So maybe you don't make sense to MINA that CD lamb and his agents have been waiting for this this has been posturing this has nothing to do with the front office. Hey fans and sports media stay in your lane we're talking about this kind of money there's a lot of factors that go into it with moving parts...lamb and his agents were waiting for this JJ deal..

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
THE fact that Justin jefferson's contract just got done means this will be expedited in the coming weeks... So maybe you don't make sense to MINA that CD lamb and his agents have been waiting for this this has been posturing this has nothing to do with the front office. Hey fans and sports media stay in your lane we're talking about this kind of money there's a lot of factors that go into it with moving parts...lamb and his agents were waiting for this JJ deal..
Jefferson’s agent and Lamb’s agent both work for CAA Sports. Lamb’s agent, Tory Dandy, got AJ. Brown $32 million AAV from Philly. He’ll get more than that for CeeDee from Dallas.