There is no logic to this. Mina Kimes believes not finalizing a deal with Lamb 'makes no sense'

Flamma

Reaction score
Miami must not cave. 50 million being turned by Tua is a joke. Does every player think they get the biggest contract or top 5 at their position no matter how good they are.
No. Just quarterbacks.

Parsons isnt even on his 5th year. This is just the start of year 4, so the Cowboys absolutely dont need to get a deal done right now with him. The CBA, which obviously was agreed to by the players, allows teams to tie up a 1st rd pick for a predetermined amount on their rookie deals. I dont even want to hear about player X has "Öutperformed," their contract. No, if you played well, it means you played up to the contract amount. At some point, teams have to stand up... like the Steelers did with Bell and show players who is in charge. The league actually had rules put into play to make these holdouts hurt, but if teams turn around and add the fine amount into the contract, like apparently happened with Martin last year, than what is the point?
If Parsons got an extension right now, it doesn't start until 2026. Extensions do not delete rookie contracts. The reason teams pay some first rounders after 3 years is because it gives them the extra 2 rookie years to spread out the cap hits.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cowboys have a reputation for lowballing players in negotiations. They have admitted that’s just how they negotiate—their “deadlines make deals” approach.
No the reputation comes from the fan base

ohh and ALL businesses are going to try to do their best to get the very best contract for themselves ,

that's not lowballing because players are actually overpaid already we already know it name a person in this room that's going to agree with you that you think they're being lowballed...

I mean are you telling me that Zekes contract is lowball? Jalen smith? Diggs?

I mean from actual factual contracts that have already happened, guys got paid and well!!

they low ball all free agents that's it, NOT their own players, they usually get every nickel but yeah they have to fight for it you know it's called a negotiation..

you don't hand players blank checks and most of them again are overpaid I mean right now CD lamb thinks he's better than Justin Jefferson and Justin Jefferson thinks he's better than CD lamb as that goes for the other guys looking for contract but the truth is none of them deserve over $30 million none of them have done anything to deserve that but they got it anyway but the ownership has a damn right to negotiate the best possible number because they have a hard salary cap to deal with.. And no player will ever earn the money that they're getting these days..

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Cowboys have a reputation for lowballing players in negotiations. They have admitted that’s just how they negotiate—their “deadlines make deals” approach.
I take it you don't have much business experience? That's how all NFL teams operate, and how the majority of businesses operate.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You do realize that's a bunch of nonsense made-up by fans I don't know of any of our players that actually deserved a new contract you know our stars that got lowballed in any way shape or form just because they negotiated to get the best possible deal and it took a while that is not a lowball these players don't deserve the money they're asking some of it is way overvaluing themselves...

They do lowball free agents they don't like free agents they're not going after big time free agents but they didn't lowball anyway you really think of mark Cooper's last contract or Ezekiel Elliott or Trayvon diggs was lowballing they already got some of the top contracts at the time and so does all the other guys I mean I don't know if anybody tell me all these players our own stars that were considered up for a big deal that got truly lowballed?? In fact the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones they overpay their guys they use a bid against themselves but you crap about the reputation for lowballing their own players no they lowball free agents and why shouldn't they most free agents don't fit anyway...

So yeah they seem cheap when they're looking for free agents or when they make trades but their own players are typically overpaid that offer they made to Dalton Schultz he should have took it he turned it down paid for less both years and now he's got a nice contract that's not more than the Cowboys offered show me all these names of our own players our homegrown players that were due contracts that got lowballed because last I checked most of them got overpaid and never delivered you know like Dez Bryant and Ezekiel Elliott and a lot of other ones I mean how often was tyron Smith actually played they all got paid top money at the time but sure when they get older and getting their second or third contracts are gonna get less money.

Flamma

Reaction score
I take it you don't have much business experience? That's how all NFL teams operate, and how the majority of businesses operate.
You're absolutely right. But I sometimes wonder if that's a good idea at all times. Sometimes just a little more can go a long way. It's not just the star players you want to keep happy, but even some of the lower end FAs.

It reminds me of when I got my first minimum wage job and a manager comes up to me and says, you might want to pick up the pace. I nodded in agreement, but as he walked away I said to myself, you got my fastest pace right now. I was 17 and being paid trash, I didn't care about the job. But it will never change.

kskboys

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. But I sometimes wonder if that's a good idea at all times. Sometimes just a little more can go a long way. It's not just the star players you want to keep happy, but even some of the lower end FAs.

It reminds me of when I got my first minimum wage job and a manager comes up to me and says, you might want to pick up the pace. I nodded in agreement, but as he walked away I said to myself, you got my fastest pace right now. I was 17 and being paid trash, I didn't care about the job. But it will never change.
The players who negotiate reasonably and in good faith don't have these protracted holdouts. Those come from players wanting to be paid at the top of the market to the detriment of the team.

You cannot keep the greedy stars and lower end FA's happy. Every penny that the stars hold out for takes money out of the lower end FA's pockets.

Flamma

Reaction score
The players who negotiate reasonably and in good faith don't have these protracted holdouts. Those come from players wanting to be paid at the top of the market to the detriment of the team.

You cannot keep the greedy stars and lower end FA's happy. Every penny that the stars hold out for takes money out of the lower end FA's pockets.
You know what bothers me the most. Vet players that want to renegotiate because they outperformed their contract. Has any bust even come out and given money back because he was a drag on the cap? Will Evan Neal of the Giants come out and say, I absolutely suck, I don't want that 24M dollar rookie deal. No.

I'd probably be a bad GM because I'm not kissing anyone's backside.

conner01

Reaction score
Tsk tsk...I am disappointed in Mina Kimes. I simple Google query or search "Dallas Cowboys Holds outs and contract" would let her know this is Par for the course when it comes to the Cowboys
It is but she is right that it’s makes no sense. Signing him cuts his cap hit and unless you are just gonna let him walk it’s time to get it done. There is no reason to drag it out. We drug out many players and it always costs more because other guys set the bar higher. It’s a prime example of no actual plan at all

conner01

Reaction score

All players just want market value and I doubt any fan would be any different

conner01

Reaction score
No. Just quarterbacks.

If Parsons got an extension right now, it doesn't start until 2026. Extensions do not delete rookie contracts. The reason teams pay some first rounders after 3 years is because it gives them the extra 2 rookie years to spread out the cap hits.
It’s generally cheaper too. Every year the bar gets higher

conner01

Reaction score
You do realize that's a bunch of nonsense made-up by fans I don't know of any of our players that actually deserved a new contract you know our stars that got lowballed in any way shape or form just because they negotiated to get the best possible deal and it took a while that is not a lowball these players don't deserve the money they're asking some of it is way overvaluing themselves...

They do lowball free agents they don't like free agents they're not going after big time free agents but they didn't lowball anyway you really think of mark Cooper's last contract or Ezekiel Elliott or Trayvon diggs was lowballing they already got some of the top contracts at the time and so does all the other guys I mean I don't know if anybody tell me all these players our own stars that were considered up for a big deal that got truly lowballed?? In fact the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones they overpay their guys they use a bid against themselves but you crap about the reputation for lowballing their own players no they lowball free agents and why shouldn't they most free agents don't fit anyway...

So yeah they seem cheap when they're looking for free agents or when they make trades but their own players are typically overpaid that offer they made to Dalton Schultz he should have took it he turned it down paid for less both years and now he's got a nice contract that's not more than the Cowboys offered show me all these names of our own players our homegrown players that were due contracts that got lowballed because last I checked most of them got overpaid and never delivered you know like Dez Bryant and Ezekiel Elliott and a lot of other ones I mean how often was tyron Smith actually played they all got paid top money at the time but sure when they get older and getting their second or third contracts are gonna get less money.
I don’t think Jerry lie balls so much as he waits and waits then gives in. If I was gonna have signed Zeke I would have done it sooner since RB don’t last long. Same with Dak, it would have been cheaper to have signed him earlier. Lamb is not getting any cheaper and if anything the guys already signed drive up the price. Have a plan, make a decision and get it done or plan to move on.

conner01

Reaction score
she's right though...price keeps going up
He may not get any more than he was gonna but he now has the ammo to show his want was in line. But if you’re gonna sign him get it done because it lowers his cap hit. If you aren’t gonna sign him you should have traded him before the draft. We are gonna run into the same issue with bland. He’s gonna want big money and if you wasn’t planning on paying it you should have traded him before the draft for a pick you could use then to replace him. Just make a cecision, have a plan and get it done

Qcard

Reaction score
It is but she is right that it’s makes no sense. Signing him cuts his cap hit and unless you are just gonna let him walk it’s time to get it done. There is no reason to drag it out. We drug out many players and it always costs more because other guys set the bar higher. It’s a prime example of no actual plan at all
Simply put…..Jerry and Stephen are telling everyone that they don’t care about paying extra instead of being early and paying less

kskboys

Reaction score
All players just want market value and I doubt any fan would be any different
No they don't. You're falling for the media spew. Many players sign for reasonable amounts w/ very little negotiation.

Many fans would be different.

phildadon86

Reaction score
There hasn’t been any contract discussion between CeeDee Lamb and the Cowboys for a while.
By Pratyusha Srivastava
Edited By Gerard Crispin
Updated May 24, 2024

It appears the absence of CeeDee Lamb and Micah Parsons at Dallas Cowboys’ OTAs this week was quite loud, as it raised concern among the fans about the future of these two star players, especially wide receiver Lamb.

There had already been speculation regarding him holding out until the Cowboys offered him a satisfactory deal and his absence from the offseason program has only confirmed it. Even though the franchise claims to prioritize Lamb’s extension, NFL Network’s Jane Slater revealed there hasn’t been any contract discussion for a while.

In the recent segment of NFL Live on ESPN, analyst Mina Kimes gave her opinion on the Cowboys’ unconventional silence over signing its star players as he called out the franchise particularly for not finalizing the deal with the 2023 NFL reception leader.

"You can make a case for not doing it with Dak Prescott if they really are tired. They feel like they’ve hit a ceiling– I don’t personally agree with that but I can understand that. I do not see a case not getting a deal done by now with CeeDee Lamb, it makes no sense. He was on my first-team All-Pro last list, you guys have talked about the lack of depth behind him, there’s no logic to this. And if I was a Cowboys fan, I would be very very nervous about it." - said Mina Kimes as she elaborated on the error by the Cowboys

https://firstsportz.com/mina-kimes-...-sense/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CeeDee-Lamb-and-Mina-Kimes-.jpg

Well.

His agent has to call Jerry. Jerry isnt calling him.

conner01

Reaction score
No they don't. You're falling for the media spew. Many players sign for reasonable amounts w/ very little negotiation.

Many fans would be different.
Players don’t sign for less than market value unless they are coming off an injury on on a 4th contract or something near the end of their career

Sandyf

Reaction score
Lamb and his agent have already stated that they are waiting for Justin Jefferson to sign which will reset the market and Lamb wants to be paid the same or slightly less than Jefferson. This one isn't on Jerry.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Who in the heck is Mina Kimes? And who cares?
Woman shouldn’t be allowed in sports besides the Olympics and for interviews. I don’t need to see them making foul calls, don’t need to hear them doing play by play and or hosting or co hosting a talk show.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I guess the Bengals arent lowballing Tee HIggins? Even though they tagged him, that is vastly below what he could get with an extension....so are they lowballing him, or are they playing by the rules in the CBA?