There is no logic to this. Mina Kimes believes not finalizing a deal with Lamb 'makes no sense'

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He may not get any more than he was gonna but he now has the ammo to show his want was in line. But if you’re gonna sign him get it done because it lowers his cap hit. If you aren’t gonna sign him you should have traded him before the draft. We are gonna run into the same issue with bland. He’s gonna want big money and if you wasn’t planning on paying it you should have traded him before the draft for a pick you could use then to replace him. Just make a cecision, have a plan and get it done
Yea, but we have a whole year for Bland

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Beating Dallas in the playoffs these days isn’t saying much now is it?

Are you really trying to argue that the reason we shouldn’t sign great players, is that GB came to Dallas and dismantled us without great players?!

If so, then I think you missed the key lesson from that embarrassing loss lol
No I am suggesting that lamb isnt a great player, and yeah signing him wont help dallas beat good teams.
Also we dont have coaching that is good enough to know how to use lamb and get more out of him so why keep him.
Same for minn, jefferson isnt worth what he is asking for esp to minn, maybe some other team he is.

Paying 30-35 mil a year for a wr is about as smart as paying a RB 15 -20 mil a year

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
No I am suggesting that lamb isnt a great player, and yeah signing him wont help dallas beat good teams.
Also we dont have coaching that is good enough to know how to use lamb and get more out of him so why keep him.
Same for minn, jefferson isnt worth what he is asking for esp to minn, maybe some other team he is.

Paying 30-35 mil a year for a wr is about as smart as paying a RB 15 -20 mil a year
By what standard is Lamb “not a great player”? He just had the all time best season as a WR in franchise history.

Didn’t do it for ya huh? The problem isn’t his “usage”. The issues on offense go back to an anemic running game and an OL that struggles opening holes and at times— pass protection

You can blame Dak. You can blame the OL and running game. But Lamb not being a great player? Nah bruh

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
No the reputation comes from the fan base

ohh and ALL businesses are going to try to do their best to get the very best contract for themselves ,

that's not lowballing because players are actually overpaid already we already know it name a person in this room that's going to agree with you that you think they're being lowballed...

I mean are you telling me that Zekes contract is lowball? Jalen smith? Diggs?

I mean from actual factual contracts that have already happened, guys got paid and well!!

they low ball all free agents that's it, NOT their own players, they usually get every nickel but yeah they have to fight for it you know it's called a negotiation..

you don't hand players blank checks and most of them again are overpaid I mean right now CD lamb thinks he's better than Justin Jefferson and Justin Jefferson thinks he's better than CD lamb as that goes for the other guys looking for contract but the truth is none of them deserve over $30 million none of them have done anything to deserve that but they got it anyway but the ownership has a damn right to negotiate the best possible number because they have a hard salary cap to deal with.. And no player will ever earn the money that they're getting these days..
The Cowboys are not proactive in managing them roster and salary cap. They end up costing themselves more in the end because the salaries are always going up. The Cowboys are quick to sign hurt guys thinking they are getting a discount but then the guy doesn’t come back as good so it ends up an overpay. But a guy that has played great they wait till the last minute and then overpay because they don’t have any leverage left. Zeke forced their hand by holding out. Diggs was their best handling of a big contract but they were basically forced into that because the Cowboys knew they couldn’t tag him. Jaylon Smith was one of those supposed discounts that ended up an overpay. Gallup was another one. The jury is still out on Terrence Steele but he might end up one as well.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I take it you don't have much business experience? That's how all NFL teams operate, and how the majority of businesses operate.
I’m not necessarily against the Cowboys playing hardball but they aren’t good at it. They basically fold at the end every time. If they want to play hardball they should be more proactive about trading guys that they have too much of an issue getting a deal with. Dak played on his fourth year, then a tag year, broke his leg on the tag year, and still got a record breaking contract with no tag and no trade clauses. If you’re just going to end up paying them anyway, waiting just makes the money go up.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
There hasn’t been any contract discussion between CeeDee Lamb and the Cowboys for a while.
By Pratyusha Srivastava
Edited By Gerard Crispin
Updated May 24, 2024

It appears the absence of CeeDee Lamb and Micah Parsons at Dallas Cowboys’ OTAs this week was quite loud, as it raised concern among the fans about the future of these two star players, especially wide receiver Lamb.

There had already been speculation regarding him holding out until the Cowboys offered him a satisfactory deal and his absence from the offseason program has only confirmed it. Even though the franchise claims to prioritize Lamb’s extension, NFL Network’s Jane Slater revealed there hasn’t been any contract discussion for a while.

In the recent segment of NFL Live on ESPN, analyst Mina Kimes gave her opinion on the Cowboys’ unconventional silence over signing its star players as he called out the franchise particularly for not finalizing the deal with the 2023 NFL reception leader.

"You can make a case for not doing it with Dak Prescott if they really are tired. They feel like they’ve hit a ceiling– I don’t personally agree with that but I can understand that. I do not see a case not getting a deal done by now with CeeDee Lamb, it makes no sense. He was on my first-team All-Pro last list, you guys have talked about the lack of depth behind him, there’s no logic to this. And if I was a Cowboys fan, I would be very very nervous about it." - said Mina Kimes as she elaborated on the error by the Cowboys

https://firstsportz.com/mina-kimes-...-sense/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CeeDee-Lamb-and-Mina-Kimes-.jpg

Our front office acting illogical?
Who would have thought we would see that?
:facepalm:

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m not necessarily against the Cowboys playing hardball but they aren’t good at it. They basically fold at the end every time. If they want to play hardball they should be more proactive about trading guys that they have too much of an issue getting a deal with. Dak played on his fourth year, then a tag year, broke his leg on the tag year, and still got a record breaking contract with no tag and no trade clauses. If you’re just going to end up paying them anyway, waiting just makes the money go up.
Well said.

And your point is valid. They are just incompetent at this, everything, contracts/personnel. Everything they are supposed to be the best in the world at, they simply suck at.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Cowboys are not proactive in managing them roster and salary cap. They end up costing themselves more in the end because the salaries are always going up. The Cowboys are quick to sign hurt guys thinking they are getting a discount but then the guy doesn’t come back as good so it ends up an overpay. But a guy that has played great they wait till the last minute and then overpay because they don’t have any leverage left. Zeke forced their hand by holding out. Diggs was their best handling of a big contract but they were basically forced into that because the Cowboys knew they couldn’t tag him. Jaylon Smith was one of those supposed discounts that ended up an overpay. Gallup was another one. The jury is still out on Terrence Steele but he might end up one as well.
Keep talking big man I mean are you a GM I mean do you run a $10 billion franchise because it sounds like you think you know more it sounds like you think that every time a contract comes up bam which is just sign them right then and there for exactly what they want and no negotiations open check baby?!! I mean I I know you think that's how it works but you do not know how to run a $10 billion franchise am I wrong or is it a billion dollar franchise or am I missing something are you trying to tell me Mr. Jay the cowboy that you run an NFL franchise from any position I don't think so that's rhetorical because I don't think you know how to handle anything literally a bunch of teams going through the same thing quarterbacks wide receivers a bunch of people right now doing the same thing that Jones family's doing they're trying to get it done behind closed doors you don't know a damn thing that's going on unless they want you to know... Good try though I mean I know you wanna feel like you're like in tune with the franchise and because you think you know something about fantasy football and Madden that you you're in tune on what's going on you know nothing you're absolutely a ghost, you know nothing... But keep on thinking you have some kind of control and knowledge and you're like in they know what goes on with these franchises because they make you feel that way because you're on the Internet they'd let you in but you absolutely know 0 less than 0 like the old movie that's right lesson 0 you have no idea what's going on back there and hey it's good you think you do I mean I hope you feel special rub yourself a special way tonight and let's move on..

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Keep talking big man I mean are you a GM I mean do you run a $10 billion franchise because it sounds like you think you know more it sounds like you think that every time a contract comes up bam which is just sign them right then and there for exactly what they want and no negotiations open check baby?!! I mean I I know you think that's how it works but you do not know how to run a $10 billion franchise am I wrong or is it a billion dollar franchise or am I missing something are you trying to tell me Mr. Jay the cowboy that you run an NFL franchise from any position I don't think so that's rhetorical because I don't think you know how to handle anything literally a bunch of teams going through the same thing quarterbacks wide receivers a bunch of people right now doing the same thing that Jones family's doing they're trying to get it done behind closed doors you don't know a damn thing that's going on unless they want you to know... Good try though I mean I know you wanna feel like you're like in tune with the franchise and because you think you know something about fantasy football and Madden that you you're in tune on what's going on you know nothing you're absolutely a ghost, you know nothing... But keep on thinking you have some kind of control and knowledge and you're like in they know what goes on with these franchises because they make you feel that way because you're on the Internet they'd let you in but you absolutely know 0 less than 0 like the old movie that's right lesson 0 you have no idea what's going on back there and hey it's good you think you do I mean I hope you feel special rub yourself a special way tonight and let's move on..
Right on cue Mrs Jones wades in to stick up for her family.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I did. She’s 100% correct it makes zero sense not to already have this done. Also what makes zero sense is how you worded the thread title, so you guys share that in common
Hold on. I resent the implication you are making for one good reason, I didn't write the thread title. It is quoted from the article. They all are. We don't 'rewrite' them to fit any agenda or to stir the pot. In fact, I'll challenge you to find an article posted in here that has a different title. Go.....

In the meantime here is the title of the article "“There is no logic to this..” Mina Kimes believes Cowboys not finalizing a deal with CeeDee Lamb ‘makes no sense’" and here is the title of this thread "There is no logic to this. Mina Kimes believes not finalizing a deal with Lamb 'makes no sense'"

What part of the thread title "makes zero sense" to you?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
By what standard is Lamb “not a great player”? He just had the all time best season as a WR in franchise history.

Didn’t do it for ya huh? The problem isn’t his “usage”. The issues on offense go back to an anemic running game and an OL that struggles opening holes and at times— pass protection

You can blame Dak. You can blame the OL and running game. But Lamb not being a great player? Nah bruh
He had great stats, but stats are flawed. you shouldnt judge a player by stats alone.
I saw him on micahs show, and he is a goofball, lol.
Lamb gets more targets than any wr normally gets, and alot of his stats were compiled against teams like the giants.

Against the packers he was shut down in 1st half, and did better in 2nd, but GB had let up and thought they had the game won.
look at what he did in the 2 playoff games with 49's and see how he did, was it "great"

To me to be great you have to be your best at the right moments and in the right games, otherwise it doesnt mean much.

let me add, that now they/you will have to pay him 30--35 mil a year and he may let up and not be as good.
Against a good defense, any wr can be shut down if they commit to it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Lamb had 136 catches for 1749 yards and 12tds. Your comment above maybe the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum. If the guy doesnt get 2k yards and 20 tds that means our coaches are idiots?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Despite his numbers I have honestly never been wowed by Lamb's play. Nearly every other WR that gets his numbers I can point to multiple times in a season where they just have this spectacular plays where I think only they and one or two other players can make such a play.

I put Lamb in the Keenan Allen tier.
Agreed. He's a very productive player, but there is no way he's a top 5 WR, stats not withstanding.i need someone with more physicality to be in that group.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Not only that, but I'm also hearing talk about some of these WRs getting 33-35M a year. I'm out on Lamb getting 30M+ a year. Trade him for a 1st and a 3rd. The Packers kicked our backsides, and we had Lamb. You don't need a 30-35M a year WR to win in the NFL. You need a really good QB, and very motivated good players.
It's all window dressing anyway until they decide to move on from Dak so why commit that kind of money to Lamb.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Woman shouldn’t be allowed in sports besides the Olympics and for interviews. I don’t need to see them making foul calls, don’t need to hear them doing play by play and or hosting or co hosting a talk show.

Just say you hate women.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
1990 thinking. Jerry believes the pressure to earn a new deal gets the best season out of a guy.
Stephen doesn't correct this bollocks thinking because he'd prefer to not pay anyone ever.
I hate it here.

kskboys

Reaction score
lol.... were you one of the ones praising the brilliance of the Iggles? They have not 1 but 2 very high paid WRs.
I was, but for different reasons. Their trench play put Hurts in the super bowl. If their paying WR's leads to the trenches falling apart, then paying them was dumb.

They are already missing Hargrave, who they should've paid instead of the WRs.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Love it when everyone (mostly) believes this is Jerry and Stephen's fault because Lamb isn't signed yet. Everyone should have know last training camp when Lamb believed he was the best WR in the league with possibly the exception of Jefferson. Lamb and his agent also have an agenda, and it is about being the highest paid WR or at least tied with Jefferson as highest paid.

Aiyuk is also in that same category and when one of those 3 gets signed then you will see the other two signed fairly quickly. All three will be free agents at the end of the 2024 season and all 3 could be franchised next year at a cost of roughly $31 million each. Remember the franchise tag is the combining top 5 WRs salaries then divide by 5, and currently that comes to $31 million. That number will change once any of those three sign would will most likely be in the neighborhood of $35 million a year average. AJ Brown is getting $32 million so expect all 3 to start at over that amount.