There is no logic to this. Mina Kimes believes not finalizing a deal with Lamb 'makes no sense'

blueblood70

Reaction score
Anybody who thinks that this is actually a holdout or a statement being made because you're not under contract is nonsense it's utter nonsense you telling me that last year Micah Parsons didn't attend these that he was also making a statement no and by the way I'm not reading or listening to that article because I already know it's swayed towards anti Jones sentiment and that fans are gonna jump all over it how come Justin Jefferson and jamar Chase's deals I have not been done yet does Jerry own those teams I mean sometimes these things take time to work out we don't know what CD lambs demands are so sometimes you gotta negotiate and regardless of they think they know everything that's going on at the star, they do not..

Literally many teams put the 5th year option on players or they use the franchise tag or the transition tag until they can get something worked out this is not new this is available to the Dallas Cowboys like other teams while they negotiate and decide where they're gonna land on a contract..

I don't wanna hear the nonsense that the Joneses are cheap or they priced themselves out of the market now they're gonna pay a few more million because they didn't pay him early there are other players across this league and we could just stay right in the wide receiver area and you're gonna find out that this is actually kinda normal they gotta find a way to figure out the salary cap three to five years down the road how they wanna structure the contract and the total amount this is not something you just walk up & the check the man's making $17 million this year that's $1 million a game guys and yet all I remember is this guy dropping three passes in the playoffs and pouting the man was on the sidelines pouting and he's gonna get $1,000,000 a year and you're saying he's threatening to hold out he's not this voluntary workout many veterans skip this these are all voluntary right now you can worry when they skip training camp....
I say again this is not a holdout this is not making a statement lots of players do this the veteran players sometimes have their own workouts and the things they like to do like Micah Parsons before training camp but they will show up in training camp....

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Business as usual. Mr. Stephen ‘Too Rich For My Blood’ Jones. Then end up paying him more because they waited too long. Years later, end up in salary cap problems from the last second contract maneuvering.

blueblood70

Reaction score
There hasn’t been any contract discussion between CeeDee Lamb and the Cowboys for a while.
By Pratyusha Srivastava
Edited By Gerard Crispin
Updated May 24, 2024

It appears the absence of CeeDee Lamb and Micah Parsons at Dallas Cowboys’ OTAs this week was quite loud, as it raised concern among the fans about the future of these two star players, especially wide receiver Lamb.

There had already been speculation regarding him holding out until the Cowboys offered him a satisfactory deal and his absence from the offseason program has only confirmed it. Even though the franchise claims to prioritize Lamb’s extension, NFL Network’s Jane Slater revealed there hasn’t been any contract discussion for a while.

In the recent segment of NFL Live on ESPN, analyst Mina Kimes gave her opinion on the Cowboys’ unconventional silence over signing its star players as he called out the franchise particularly for not finalizing the deal with the 2023 NFL reception leader.

"You can make a case for not doing it with Dak Prescott if they really are tired. They feel like they’ve hit a ceiling– I don’t personally agree with that but I can understand that. I do not see a case not getting a deal done by now with CeeDee Lamb, it makes no sense. He was on my first-team All-Pro last list, you guys have talked about the lack of depth behind him, there’s no logic to this. And if I was a Cowboys fan, I would be very very nervous about it." - said Mina Kimes as she elaborated on the error by the Cowboys

https://firstsportz.com/mina-kimes-...-sense/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CeeDee-Lamb-and-Mina-Kimes-.jpg

look ,I like Mina kimes but they're making a big deal for ratings they need to keep themselves relevant...

there's nothing to see here Micah Parsons skipped this last year , lots of veterans don't do the voluntary stuff there's no statement made there's no threat of a holdout the man's going to be making $17 million this year on the 5th year option literally $1,000,000 a game for a player that did not play well in the playoffs please don't tell me his stats after halftime that doesn't matter it's the drop passes and the pouting....

he's under contract and if he doesn't show up for $1,000,000 a game I'm sorry we don't need the guy that bad he will be on the team this year and I bet he doesn't put that $17 million at risk we already saw le'veon bell and Antonio Brown not win this against the Pittsburgh Steelers so why isn't this a Jerry Jones thing I'll tell you why because people need ratings click bait they love talking about the Cowboys even though there's a lot of players around the league even at the same position in jamar chase and Justin Jefferson that are also be playing on their fifth year contracts unless they get a deal done but last I checked they didn't have their deals done...

There are also quarterbacks negotiating contracts that don't have their deals done like tua he rejected the first offer sometimes these things take time... Literally nothing to see here unless he doesn't show up for training camp and then makes a statement in public saying he's holding out last I checked he's not holding out...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Tsk tsk...I am disappointed in Mina Kimes. I simple Google query or search "Dallas Cowboys Holds outs and contract" would let her know this is Par for the course when it comes to the Cowboys
All the big Cowboys stars have had their contract issues with the Cowboys.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I watch NFL live and it's getting harder to watch it in the off season. So much stupid speculation. Every Dallas segment is about these contracts that aren't getting done, Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday, and on and on.

ESPN and their analyst know as little about Dallas as any idiot poster on the CowboyZone.

Stop listening to the noise and you'll be better off.

P.S. Mina Kimes just throws out analytics to sound like she knows what see is talking about, but adds nothing after that. Every other analyst played in the NFL, coached in the NFL, ran a front office in the NFL, or is a top news reporter. Mina Kimes fits none of these. She is fluff.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Anybody who thinks that this is actually a holdout or a statement being made because you're not under contract is nonsense it's utter nonsense you telling me that last year Micah Parsons didn't attend these that he was also making a statement no and by the way I'm not reading or listening to that article because I already know it's swayed towards anti Jones sentiment and that fans are gonna jump all over it how come Justin Jefferson and jamar Chase's deals I have not been done yet does Jerry own those teams I mean sometimes these things take time to work out we don't know what CD lambs demands are so sometimes you gotta negotiate and regardless of they think they know everything that's going on at the star, they do not..

Literally many teams put the 5th year option on players or they use the franchise tag or the transition tag until they can get something worked out this is not new this is available to the Dallas Cowboys like other teams while they negotiate and decide where they're gonna land on a contract..

I don't wanna hear the nonsense that the Joneses are cheap or they priced themselves out of the market now they're gonna pay a few more million because they didn't pay him early there are other players across this league and we could just stay right in the wide receiver area and you're gonna find out that this is actually kinda normal they gotta find a way to figure out the salary cap three to five years down the road how they wanna structure the contract and the total amount this is not something you just walk up & the check the man's making $17 million this year that's $1 million a game guys and yet all I remember is this guy dropping three passes in the playoffs and pouting the man was on the sidelines pouting and he's gonna get $1,000,000 a year and you're saying he's threatening to hold out he's not this voluntary workout many veterans skip this these are all voluntary right now you can worry when they skip training camp....
I say again this is not a holdout this is not making a statement lots of players do this the veteran players sometimes have their own workouts and the things they like to do like Micah Parsons before training camp but they will show up in training camp....
I won't be surprised at all if Lamb holds out. Elliott did when he wanted his deal redone. Lawrence put off his surgery until Dallas got a deal done with him, delaying his availibility. Martin held out last year. Lamb likely wants a long-term deal guaranteeing him millions more than he's going to make this year, and it's likely he'll receive one by the start of camp or early into camp.

However, even though that is most likely to happen, it is the job of talking heads to create as much drama as they can to get fans to pay attention to them. There isn't really anything unusual here, just business as usual.

HanD

Reaction score
I watch NFL live and it's getting harder to watch it in the off season. So much stupid speculation. Every Dallas segment is about these contracts that aren't getting done, Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday, and on and on.

ESPN and their analyst know as little about Dallas as any idiot poster on the CowboyZone.

P.S. Mina Kimes just throws out analytics to sound like she knows what see is talking about, but adds nothing after that. Every other analyst played in the NFL, coached in the NFL, ran a front office in the NFL, or is a top news reporter. Mina Kimes fits none of these. She is fluff.
Tbf many of the analyst regardless of their backgrounds suck. Players or top news reporters. Just because they played doesn't mean they are good analyst. She's better than many of the hacks out there that used to play or were reporters. I'm talking skip, sas, horse face, mad dog, lesean McCoy, bart Scott etc etc.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

It’s funny because Mina is better than all those ex athletes and ex execs over there. She drops facts and stats and lets the viewer come up with their own opinion. She doesn’t rely on click bait,

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
All the dissing on Mina…sheesh… ME NO LIKE WOMAN HOST, SHE TALK BAD ABOUT MY BOYS!

Gotta stick up for my girl. Those who haven’t heard of her have been living under a rock. She’s been on these morning sports cable shows for a long time, always has a good take and is actually quite knowledgeable on football. Doesn’t hurt that she’s cute as hell. She’d be the perfect girlfriend. LOL

Sydla

Reaction score
A pundit correctly points something out and sure enough we have some trashing her because they don't like the message.

My gut tells me Stephen and Jerry have whiplash from being burned by some big deals and now they think they are being prudent................ they aren't. They are actually costing themselves more money.

shabazz

Reaction score
For so many here that profess to not following ESPN , they're sure are alot that swear she's the best thing on ESPN :lmao:

Flamma

Reaction score
I won't be surprised at all if Lamb holds out. Elliott did when he wanted his deal redone. Lawrence put off his surgery until Dallas got a deal done with him, delaying his availibility. Martin held out last year. Lamb likely wants a long-term deal guaranteeing him millions more than he's going to make this year, and it's likely he'll receive one by the start of camp or early into camp.

However, even though that is most likely to happen, it is the job of talking heads to create as much drama as they can to get fans to pay attention to them. There isn't really anything unusual here, just business as usual.
Martin was holding out for more money. If Lamb does it, it would just be for a long term deal. He's not making any more money if he signs a long term deal this year or next year. Zeke was afraid he'd never get a long term deal. Lamb doesn't have to worry about that. I doubt he holds out.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
There hasn’t been any contract discussion between CeeDee Lamb and the Cowboys for a while.
By Pratyusha Srivastava
Edited By Gerard Crispin
Updated May 24, 2024

It appears the absence of CeeDee Lamb and Micah Parsons at Dallas Cowboys’ OTAs this week was quite loud, as it raised concern among the fans about the future of these two star players, especially wide receiver Lamb.

There had already been speculation regarding him holding out until the Cowboys offered him a satisfactory deal and his absence from the offseason program has only confirmed it. Even though the franchise claims to prioritize Lamb’s extension, NFL Network’s Jane Slater revealed there hasn’t been any contract discussion for a while.

In the recent segment of NFL Live on ESPN, analyst Mina Kimes gave her opinion on the Cowboys’ unconventional silence over signing its star players as he called out the franchise particularly for not finalizing the deal with the 2023 NFL reception leader.

"You can make a case for not doing it with Dak Prescott if they really are tired. They feel like they’ve hit a ceiling– I don’t personally agree with that but I can understand that. I do not see a case not getting a deal done by now with CeeDee Lamb, it makes no sense. He was on my first-team All-Pro last list, you guys have talked about the lack of depth behind him, there’s no logic to this. And if I was a Cowboys fan, I would be very very nervous about it." - said Mina Kimes as she elaborated on the error by the Cowboys

https://firstsportz.com/mina-kimes-...-sense/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CeeDee-Lamb-and-Mina-Kimes-.jpg

What did Mina say, blokes? I was too busy fantasizing about my future date with her.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Not sure if the poster means there’s no logic to what Mina is saying or he’s just recapping the article? Because she’s right it does make zero sense. The longer you wait to pay him the higher his pay will get. It’s illogical.