There is no logic to this. Mina Kimes believes not finalizing a deal with Lamb 'makes no sense'

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Anybody who thinks that this is actually a holdout or a statement being made because you're not under contract is nonsense
The reason it gets attention is because Lamb is in the same position that Zeke was when he held out. He's tops at his position and we have nothing behind him if he doesn't show up nor are there any free agents of his caliber to counter with if that happened. No Lamb stands a pretty good chance of derailing the season. Plus, the Cowboys have history of Dak not having receivers to start a season and needing a trade to jump start things. Lamb has a ton of leverage and his value is highest right before he can get a new contract. Same as Zeke back then. If I'm Lamb's agent, I'd posture this way too. You can shoo all this away for your feelings but you can't shoo away the Dallas Cowboys history I just recounted. There is at least slight reason to be concerned.

Flamma

Reaction score
Not sure if the poster means there’s no logic to what Mina is saying or he’s just recapping the article? Because she’s right it does make zero sense. The longer you wait to pay him the higher his pay will get. It’s illogical.
The fewer years they have to spread out the cap hit as well. Had they signed Lamb after his 3rd season, they would have had 6 years to spread out a 4 year extension. And it would have cost less to boot. It makes very little sense what they're doing. Unless they don't intend on keeping him.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Not sure if the poster means there’s no logic to what Mina is saying or he’s just recapping the article? Because she’s right it does make zero sense. The longer you wait to pay him the higher his pay will get. It’s illogical.
Exactly. It makes zero financial sense.

And it makes zero philosophical sense. The FO is betraying their own stated “draft and develop” “sign our own star players”strategy.

All Lamb did was set the best single season WR marks in franchise history after doing every single thing this team asked him to do.

If he is not worth signing— who is? And if they are dragging this out to franchise him next year, and then Parsons the year after that— then we truly are the dumbest team in the NFL.

Flamma

Reaction score
All the dissing on Mina…sheesh… ME NO LIKE WOMAN HOST, SHE TALK BAD ABOUT MY BOYS!

Gotta stick up for my girl. Those who haven’t heard of her have been living under a rock. She’s been on these morning sports cable shows for a long time, always has a good take and is actually quite knowledgeable on football. Doesn’t hurt that she’s cute as hell. She’d be the perfect girlfriend. LOL
This is the first time I've ever seen her. But the only time I turn on ESPN are for games. Is she on NFLN? That's pretty much the only thing I watch, and sparingly.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
TN got a 1st and 3rd for AJ Brown. If this season goes to pot quick, Jones could be hoping to parlay CD into a similar haul.

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
When Is everyone gonna realize cedee is gone if daks gone they won’t touch his deal unless they resign dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The reason it gets attention is because Lamb is in the same position that Zeke was when he held out. He's tops at his position and we have nothing behind him if he doesn't show up nor are there any free agents of his caliber to counter with if that happened. No Lamb stands a pretty good chance of derailing the season. Plus, the Cowboys have history of Dak not having receivers to start a season and needing a trade to jump start things. Lamb has a ton of leverage and his value is highest right before he can get a new contract. Same as Zeke back then. If I'm Lamb's agent, I'd posture this way too. You can shoo all this away for your feelings but you can't shoo away the Dallas Cowboys history I just recounted. There is at least slight reason to be concerned.
And I already said what I said I don't agree I don't think he's intending to hold out this is a different situation with the money then Zeke.. We're talking about $1 million a game $17 million that's a lot of money... And I'm telling you he's not intending to hold out if he does fine but there's a lot of players who don't show up for these voluntary workouts again I said Michael Parsons did it now two years in a row is that because he intends to hold out is because most veterans like him though it's gonna be a glorified walkthrough they don't need the reps they'll have plenty of that in training camp and then you don't even have to play preseason I mean literally they just need to get themselves prepared for the season....

There are other players out there like Justin Jefferson jamar chase and others that don't have contracts I mean I don't know I'm trying I'm gonna repeat myself it's clickbait they're talking about the Cowboys because the Cowboys win talked about spark this kind of drama there's nothing to see here why isn't CD lamb come out and says he intends to hold out that is not why he's not here.. Again it's pretty common for most veterans to skip these not all of them but a lot of them who have their own preferred ways to work out in the offseason with their coaches whatever city they might be in that's what he's doing he's not gonna risk getting injured for voluntary stuff it happens all the time...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I won't be surprised at all if Lamb holds out. Elliott did when he wanted his deal redone. Lawrence put off his surgery until Dallas got a deal done with him, delaying his availibility. Martin held out last year. Lamb likely wants a long-term deal guaranteeing him millions more than he's going to make this year, and it's likely he'll receive one by the start of camp or early into camp.

However, even though that is most likely to happen, it is the job of talking heads to create as much drama as they can to get fans to pay attention to them. There isn't really anything unusual here, just business as usual.
And I'm telling you right now he's not holding out he will play for $1 million a game or I'll be one of the biggest holdouts ever I mean literally $17 million for about $200.00 worth of work and if you hold out for that you're giving up a lot of money you will not make up they already intend to pay him but whenever they come to negotiation table and get it figured out there's a lot of details to work out... You think it's holding the Cowboys hostage I say it's not the man holds out then you trade him that's the long and short of it... This is not the same as elliott's holdout he's a running back that knew you have one shot at it and it wasn't for this amount of money either I don't remember the details cause it doesn't matter to me because I knew eventually they were gonna pay him anyway but it was how much and all the details and that's what they're working out with glam right now but there are other wide receivers in the league right now in the same position this is not a Jerry Jones thing that's my point why does she mention all the players right now that didn't show up for voluntary workouts and all the players who allegedly deserved contract you don't have on why didn't she bring them all up it's because the Cowboys are clickbait they mentioned the Cowboys so it gets drama started because it gets talk started and that's how it is that's why we have all the primetime games that's why we dominate the headlines all over social media there's nothing to see here contract or no contract he's not giving up $17 million to make a point he just is deciding to not come to these like Michael Parsons did not come to last years why is that was that him making a point he played the entire year.. He's not here again this year there's nothing to read into it until there is they're making up stories to create headlines that's it but you guys are buying into it I don't think he intends to hold out or hold the Cowboys hostage...

blueblood70

Reaction score
When Is everyone gonna realize cedee is gone if daks gone they won’t touch his deal unless they resign dak.
When are You going to realize you're just a fan all you're hearing is what they want you to hear, all this is clickbait it's a bunch of noise, creates headlines gets people ratings you don't know nothing you're reading into things that don't mean anything whatever city layer is not here and Prescott's not here we could talk about it but right now that's a bunch of nonsense this is all rumor rhetoric and nonsense and y'all buying into it you literally started the thread and now everyone's arguing whether lamb's going to be here or not whether he's going to hold out whether he's going to get the discount of $17 million contract no one's crying for a dude making $1 million a game for 200 hours worth of work playing football...

If any of this was the case that means all the players around the league on their fifth year options or guys like Justin Jefferson maybe he's gonna be moved they got rid of Kirk cousins and they still playing beside him the Witcher point I mean it till he's gone we won't know right now jamar chase Justin Jefferson among other people Brandon ayuk he's demanded a contract I don't think any of these guys are gonna hold out they're making too much money to do so but most of them aren't showing up for voluntary workouts and now everybody's crying over it everybody's reading into it everyone's telling Jerry that he should just give an open check to anybody who asked for it which is moronic that's not how you do business there's a lot of negotiations to work out between the three parties that would be the ownership the agent and the player this is way too big process the money has gotten so big and so ridiculous that it needs time to work out the smaller finer parts of the contract...

And maybe he will end up like devante Adams A.J. Brown tyree kill and many others I mean the Andre Hopkins got moved as well you know Mari Cooper how many times was he traded literally this is just how the league is if lamb is asking for too much we should get as many draft picks as we can for the guy and that would include other players and it has nothing to do with Prescott but I get what you're saying because I wouldn't sign any of these guys unless Prescott is coming back it wouldn't make sense to me you need the capital to rebuild and find a new quarterback but that doesn't mean that's their plan... You have to cross that bridge when you come to it..

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Exactly. It makes zero financial sense.

And it makes zero philosophical sense. The FO is betraying their own stated “draft and develop” “sign our own star players”strategy.

All Lamb did was set the best single season WR marks in franchise history after doing every single thing this team asked him to do.

If he is not worth signing— who is? And if they are dragging this out to franchise him next year, and then Parsons the year after that— then we truly are the dumbest team in the NFL.
Also every deal that gets done first makes him more expensive.

Who are we kidding? We’re going to resign him.

We SHOULD resign him since he’s probably the safest player to pay in the entire roster.

Let’s not act like Stephen and Jerry are capable of playing hardball and getting him at a better rate. See Zeke.

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
When are You going to realize you're just a fan all you're hearing is what they want you to hear, all this is clickbait it's a bunch of noise, creates headlines gets people ratings you don't know nothing you're reading into things that don't mean anything whatever city layer is not here and Prescott's not here we could talk about it but right now that's a bunch of nonsense this is all rumor rhetoric and nonsense and y'all buying into it you literally started the thread and now everyone's arguing whether lamb's going to be here or not whether he's going to hold out whether he's going to get the discount of $17 million contract no one's crying for a dude making $1 million a game for 200 hours worth of work playing football...

If any of this was the case that means all the players around the league on their fifth year options or guys like Justin Jefferson maybe he's gonna be moved they got rid of Kirk cousins and they still playing beside him the Witcher point I mean it till he's gone we won't know right now jamar chase Justin Jefferson among other people Brandon ayuk he's demanded a contract I don't think any of these guys are gonna hold out they're making too much money to do so but most of them aren't showing up for voluntary workouts and now everybody's crying over it everybody's reading into it everyone's telling Jerry that he should just give an open check to anybody who asked for it which is moronic that's not how you do business there's a lot of negotiations to work out between the three parties that would be the ownership the agent and the player this is way too big process the money has gotten so big and so ridiculous that it needs time to work out the smaller finer parts of the contract...

And maybe he will end up like devante Adams A.J. Brown tyree kill and many others I mean the Andre Hopkins got moved as well you know Mari Cooper how many times was he traded literally this is just how the league is if lamb is asking for too much we should get as many draft picks as we can for the guy and that would include other players and it has nothing to do with Prescott but I get what you're saying because I wouldn't sign any of these guys unless Prescott is coming back it wouldn't make sense to me you need the capital to rebuild and find a new quarterback but that doesn't mean that's their plan... You have to cross that bridge when you come to it..
Preach I’m with you I’m not even sure parsons is back if Daks gone.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Lamb is waiting to see what Jefferson signs for, that is the holdup people. Mina off her so called game. Jefferson wants 35 mill a year and CD is waiting to see if Vikes give him that so he can make his play. You guys would never make a good agent.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think post 46 makes a good point. What is the point of signing Lamb before they know for sure they have a QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
Did Zeke? No. He just didn't show up and it became apparent, didn't it?
Zeke held out after his 3rd year. If Lamb wasn't worried about injury last year, why would he worry about it now? No other reason to hold out other than injury. He's getting paid by someone.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
There hasn’t been any contract discussion between CeeDee Lamb and the Cowboys for a while.
By Pratyusha Srivastava
Edited By Gerard Crispin
Updated May 24, 2024

It appears the absence of CeeDee Lamb and Micah Parsons at Dallas Cowboys’ OTAs this week was quite loud, as it raised concern among the fans about the future of these two star players, especially wide receiver Lamb.

There had already been speculation regarding him holding out until the Cowboys offered him a satisfactory deal and his absence from the offseason program has only confirmed it. Even though the franchise claims to prioritize Lamb’s extension, NFL Network’s Jane Slater revealed there hasn’t been any contract discussion for a while.

In the recent segment of NFL Live on ESPN, analyst Mina Kimes gave her opinion on the Cowboys’ unconventional silence over signing its star players as he called out the franchise particularly for not finalizing the deal with the 2023 NFL reception leader.

"You can make a case for not doing it with Dak Prescott if they really are tired. They feel like they’ve hit a ceiling– I don’t personally agree with that but I can understand that. I do not see a case not getting a deal done by now with CeeDee Lamb, it makes no sense. He was on my first-team All-Pro last list, you guys have talked about the lack of depth behind him, there’s no logic to this. And if I was a Cowboys fan, I would be very very nervous about it." - said Mina Kimes as she elaborated on the error by the Cowboys

https://firstsportz.com/mina-kimes-...-sense/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CeeDee-Lamb-and-Mina-Kimes-.jpg

Why doe the FO wait, and wait, and wait until its too late? I think they are too rich to think about the Cowboys and too preoccupied spending their money such as another yacht.