Video: There is no massive gap between Dalton & Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am not saying Dak is better because no one knows that, you think you know but you do not as it appears you also have difficulty reading. You would not be hoping for losses with Dak playing for that high draft pick so please just stop the BS and trying to deflect your bias. . For you it is all about Dak. Dalton may suck and I have no problem with that but you have a built excuse ready and waiting to hope the team loses, a high draft pick and that is really pathetic and your conscience if you have one is satisfied.

Everyone knows that Dak is better than Dalton.

What excuses are you talking about? A Dalton lead team will lose more games for the same reason a Dak led team did. Bad defense and Bad Oline play.

Why is it pathetic that I value a high draft pick more than waving my pom poms a few more weeks? I actually think I am a better fan willing to sacrifice living through a bad season for the sake of the teams future?

Whats your excuse? That you want to be right about Dak or Dalton? I care only for the teams future and becoming a contender.

Which route helps the Cowboys become a contender?

A. Win the division at 7-9, the 20th pick in the draft, a first place schedule next season

Or

B. Lose the division at 6-10, 10th pick in the draft, an easier schedule next season.

Lets see how football smart you really are. A or B. This is a tough one now!!! Take your time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Underthrown is underthrown. Had that been Prescott, you'd be persecuting him. That was simply a great catch by Gallup. Period.

Sometimes part of being a QB is just allowing your guy to make a play on the ball. Heck you might even draw a Pass Interference.. The good QBs can actually draw flags that way.. I know we don’t see much of that around here.

That throw by Dalton was perfect in that situation because the ball got out, it was a safe play, and it gave Gallup an opportunity to make a play, Possibly draw interference, or be incomplete.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Im surprised you cant even answer your own question. Zeke gets most of his TD's inside the 5. Dak has 3 TD's inside the 5. Why pass when you can run it in with either Zeke or Dak?

What picture don't I understand? LOL

The one where the defense is the problem? The one where Dak is better than Dalton? The one where Dak is a franchise QB? The one where Dak is a top 10 QB?

When you figure this stuff out, then you can talk to me about big picture.

The big picture is the one these people don't want to see.. With the exception of 2018 he Cowboys have been a fixture in the upper half of the league in red zone scoring since Dak came into the league..
2016 4th
2017 7th
2018 26th ( the receiver by committee No Dez no Witten year)
2019 16th
2020 11th

What a coincidence that they were better when the o-line was dominant and had Dez, Bease and Witten. You may also notice that the are trending upward since bottoming out in 2018. I think they were headed for a top 5 type year this year even with the injuries on the o-line. I don't think Dalton can continue that trend but as long as he keeps us in the top half I would consider that a win.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Everyone knows that Dak is better than Dalton.

What excuses are you talking about? A Dalton lead team will lose more games for the same reason a Dak led team did. Bad defense and Bad Oline play.

Why is it pathetic that I value a high draft pick more than waving my pom poms a few more weeks? I actually think I am a better fan willing to sacrifice living through a bad season for the sake of the teams future?

Whats your excuse? That you want to be right about Dak or Dalton? I care only for the teams future and becoming a contender.

Which route helps the Cowboys become a contender?

A. Win the division at 7-9, the 20th pick in the draft, a first place schedule next season

Or

B. Lose the division at 6-10, 10th pick in the draft, an easier schedule next season.

Lets see how football smart you really are. A or B. This is a tough one now!!! Take your time.

I value the draft pick more than anyone but if it makes the Jones’s reconsider paying Dak more money then he is worth I’ll take the low draft pick.

Dallas isn’t close to winning and paying Dak locks us into mediocrity.

Best thing would be to find a team stupid enough to give us picks for him. I don’t think that team is out there though.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Must have been very painful for you to type that.

Not in the least. Wilson is one of my favorite QB's. Probably only take Mahomes over him. Some people know a good QB and some don't.

You trolls act like someone not being Russell Wilson is a curse.

"Oh no, Dak isn't Wilson, cut him" !!!

Do you remember Dak beating Wilson in the playoffs a few years back? In only his 3rd year on the league and Wilson in his prime. Not always about having the better QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Continuity on the o-line is a big part of being good. Me, I'd stick with Biadiaz, etc., win or lose, unless one of them pulls a Green and is getting manhandled, let the pups play together. With Dak out and the defense in shambles, not likely the Cowboys are going anywhere much this year, might as well start on next year...

Im actually excited to see Biadasz in there. I was not a fan of Looney starting.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Sometimes part of being a QB is just allowing your guy to make a play on the ball. Heck you might even draw a Pass Interference.. The good QBs can actually draw flags that way.. I know we don’t see much of that around here.

That throw by Dalton was perfect in that situation because the ball got out, it was a safe play, and it gave Gallup an opportunity to make a play, Possibly draw interference, or be incomplete.

First of all let us dispense with ever calling a ball that a guy has to slow down and contort his body to catch "perfect." It was a good throw. A perfect throw would have been 2 yards further out in front and would have allowed him to run under it, catch it and stroll into the end zone. He had the DB roasted by two steps and only the underthrow allowed the corner to even have a chance to make a play. The funny part is that the DB DID interfere with Gallup on the play as he wrapped up his legs before the ball got there.. as you may recall.. there was no flag thrown. So much for the QB drawing flags.

Reactions: G2

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One word: continuity. The more these guys play together they better they will function as a unit. It's not like they all suck.. Knight is decent, Biadasz seems to be headed for the upper tier of center, Zack is Zack and Steele can hold up against non-elite pass rushers. Williams should also show some improvement going forward because he clearly rushed back from his knee surgery and has not been nearly as strong in his base as he needs to be. I expect that to also continue to get incrementally better as the season wears on barring some other injury setback.

Continuity sure, but that's about it. But then there is every chance these guys get nicked up or hurt as well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The big picture is the one these people don't want to see.. With the exception of 2018 he Cowboys have been a fixture in the upper half of the league in red zone scoring since Dak came into the league..
2016 4th
2017 7th
2018 26th ( the receiver by committee No Dez no Witten year)
2019 16th
2020 11th

What a coincidence that they were better when the o-line was dominant and had Dez, Bease and Witten. You may also notice that the are trending upward since bottoming out in 2018. I think they were headed for a top 5 type year this year even with the injuries on the o-line. I don't think Dalton can continue that trend but as long as he keeps us in the top half I would consider that a win.

All good stuff, but if I was to bet I would say that we definitely fall to the bottom half of the league there and could be bottom 3rd.

phildadon86

Reaction score

LOL. So let me get this straight. When Dak underthrows a ball. Its a mistake but when Dalton does it. Its on purpose. You just showed everyone here your agenda plain as day. lol.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
First of all let us dispense with ever calling a ball that a guy has to slow down and contort his body to catch "perfect." It was a good throw. A perfect throw would have been 2 yards further out in front and would have allowed him to run under it, catch it and stroll into the end zone. He had the DB roasted by two steps and only the underthrow allowed the corner to even have a chance to make a play. The funny part is that the DB DID interfere with Gallup on the play as he wrapped up his legs before the ball got there.. as you may recall.. there was no flag thrown. So much for the QB drawing flags.

Ooh Cath knows what that throw looks like he would roast Dak for it.....again a number on a jersey says if it was a "good throw" or not.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I value the draft pick more than anyone but if it makes the Jones’s reconsider paying Dak more money then he is worth I’ll take the low draft pick.

Dallas isn’t close to winning and paying Dak locks us into mediocrity.

Best thing would be to find a team stupid enough to give us picks for him. I don’t think that team is out there though.

Yah, we know...…...you hate Dak, Dalton is better, don't pay him...……..yada yada yada.

Signing Dak is a no brainer and any owner would resign him in the same position. I fear you are just going to have to watch Dak tear up the league for the next 5 years or so.

A 5 year old kid could easily see that you add a legitimate top 10 defense to what we already have and we become an instant contender.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ooh Cath knows what that throw looks like he would roast Dak for it.....again a number on a jersey says if it was a "good throw" or not.

One of my biggest problems with Dak is not giving Dez opportunities to go up and bring down a football which started this Dez is a terrible route runner crap.

Michael Gallup gets to run about the same route tree Dez did and he doesn’t get very many 50/50 opportunities.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yah, we know...…...you hate Dak, Dalton is better, don't pay him...……..yada yada yada.

Signing Dak is a no brainer and any owner would resign him in the same position. I fear you are just going to have to watch Dak tear up the league for the next 5 years or so.

A 5 year old kid could easily see that you add a legitimate top 10 defense to what we already have and we become an instant contender.

You want your cake and eat it too.

You want Dak to be paid, you want a great Oline, great skill players, top 5 defense.

It’s just not realistic.

You pay Dak elite money he needs to actually perform like an elite player and win some games by his own merit.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
One of my biggest problems with Dak is not giving Dez opportunities to go up and bring down a football which started this Dez is a terrible route runner crap.

Michael Gallup gets to run about the same route tree Dez did and he doesn’t get very many 50/50 opportunities.

Dez as a terrible route runner, not being able to read defenses, and having a limited route tree started the moment he entered the league

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL. So let me get this straight. When Dak underthrows a ball. Its a mistake but when Dalton does it. Its on purpose. You just showed everyone here your agenda plain as day. lol.

My gosh..

Sometimes QBs purposely underthrow passes deep down field for several reasons.

When I get pissed at Dak for underthrowing it usually because the WR is running a drag or a slant and he throws it behind them and there is never an excuse for that.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You want your cake and eat it too.

You want Dak to be paid, you want a great Oline, great skill players, top 5 defense.

It’s just not realistic.

You pay Dak elite money he needs to actually perform like an elite player and win some games by his own merit.

Show me the list of winning QB's when the Defense gives up 36+ points...come on Catch it is unrealistic at best.....and Before you say look at Wilson you should probably google what his defense is doing..its not the legion of Boom, but its much better than ours.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez as a terrible route runner, not being able to read defenses, and having a limited route tree started the moment he entered the league

Whatever.. Dez is a goat at going up for a ball and bringing it down and sometimes a guy like that is better than a guy like Amari that turns into a Bee whenever things get tough.

Amari may be the best route runner I’ve ever seen but I’ll take Dez Bryant and his demeanor then bad body language sulky Amari.

Dez deserves more respect then he gets because he was the difference between winning and losing many Sundays and in our playoff games he was always a guy who stepped up.

Dak’s rookie year he stood up to Green Bay when everyone else had tucked tail. Amari isn’t capable of that because he is a football coward at times. Especially in big moments.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Whatever.. Dez is a goat at going up for a ball and bringing it down and sometimes a guy like that is better than a guy like Amari that turns into a Bee whenever things get tough.

Amari may be the best route runner I’ve ever seen but I’ll take Dez Bryant and his demeanor then bad body language sulky Amari.

Dez deserves more respect then he gets because he was the difference between winning and losing many Sundays and in our playoff games he was always a guy who stepped up.

Dak’s rookie year he stood up to Green Bay when everyone else had tucked tail. Amari isn’t capable of that because he is a football coward at times. Especially in big moments.

dez had 3 1000 yard seasons out of about 8. He did not have a good career. He had 3 really awesome seasons.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Gallup is not the physical specimen that Dez is.. and back when Dak was playing with Dez he was a kid trying to learn his way in the league. I think he was hesitant to throw up the 50/50 balls to Dez because he had not yet learned that for Dez there was not such thing as "covered." Put the ball up high enough there was no DB in the league who could go up and take it from him. But Dak never developed that level of trust with Dez. Either in his own ability to place the ball where only Dez could get or in Dez's ability to go get it. The criticism of Dez as a route runner was overblown to be sure. His issue was more not knowing which route worked against which defenses. So he was not as reliable on option routes as some others. But why would he be? He could be absolutely blanketed by a DB but if you put the ball in the right place he was going to catch it so why worry about "getting open" .. just get him the damn ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.