Video: There is no massive gap between Dalton & Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m pretty excited for the game tonight. I gotta say.

It’s going to be very interesting to see what happens with Dalton one way or another.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Gallup is not the physical specimen that Dez is.. and back when Dak was playing with Dez he was a kid trying to learn his way in the league. I think he was hesitant to throw up the 50/50 balls to Dez because he had not yet learned that for Dez there was not such thing as "covered." Put the ball up high enough there was no DB in the league who could go up and take it from him. But Dak never developed that level of trust with Dez. Either in his own ability to place the ball where only Dez could get or in Dez's ability to go get it. The criticism of Dez as a route runner was overblown to be sure. His issue was more not knowing which route worked against which defenses. So he was not as reliable on option routes as some others. But why would he be? He could be absolutely blanketed by a DB but if you put the ball in the right place he was going to catch it so why worry about "getting open" .. just get him the damn ball.

Dez was awesome at getting the ball, but a lot of that was Tony being able to throw those. Not every qb can throw those types of passes as well as Tony did. Maybe that is why Dak did not do that with dez. He throws them to Gallup, but Gallup has more tools than dez as far as separation, running routes better, and ability at reading defenses

Dez never played the same after his injury in 2015, and that was before tony left.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I’m pretty excited for the game tonight. I gotta say.

It’s going to be very interesting to see what happens with Dalton one way or another.
Yeah will be fun for sure. Thing is if you want to win with a back up QB, you need the team to step up and make plays. Brandon Weeden could have won 2 of the 3 game he started after Romo went down in 2015 if only the defense could have assisted him just a little. He only got one short field to work with in those 3 games which was promptly wasted by Smith and Witten being penalized. Then in NO he had that outstanding TD pass on 4th down to tie the game but never got the ball back.

Dalton will be able to move the offense, but he isn't going to be carrying this team to the promise land and if people are just willing to settle for an average QB that costs less money, I'll never understand why they were so unhappy with Dak when he was dirt cheap and performing at a top 10 level. Something is amiss with the rational and posters are just unwilling to admit why. We can all guess, but for some reason they just won't admit the real reason.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe when we get both LVE AND Lee back, I could see it making a difference. These guys aren't stopping Murray running tonight. And Drake is the type of back that if he gets an opening he can take it all the way.

I never expected to see you espousing a positive outlook but you seem to be outdoing yourself with the pessimism today. Keep pulling for the Bengals and you might either be thrilled with the results or be forced to change your negativity about the hopelessness you see in the Cowboys. If either one of those things come to pass, I'm sure one of us might be satisfied. I'm not sure you would be, though, since you're always so intent to be extracting something you deem unacceptable. If someone gave you $100, would you complain if it was wrinkled? I'm kinda tempted to, just to find out -- (almost.) C'mon, man! :D

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
My gosh..

Sometimes QBs purposely underthrow passes deep down field for several reasons.

When I get pissed at Dak for underthrowing it usually because the WR is running a drag or a slant and he throws it behind them and there is never an excuse for that.
So what about his tremendous improvement on deep ball accuracy this season? Or are we going to forget about that because it makes you feel better?

Brax

Reaction score
Everyone knows that Dak is better than Dalton.
That is debatable till the games are played and is what everyone will find out.
What excuses are you talking about? A Dalton lead team will lose more games for the same reason a Dak led team did. Bad defense and Bad Oline play.
Again we have see what transpires, the above is your preconceived belief.
Why is it pathetic that I value a high draft pick more than waving my pom poms a few more weeks? I actually think I am a better fan willing to sacrifice living through a bad season for the sake of the teams future?
You play to win otherwise you shouldn't play or take money to play and as a fan wanting to lose is a really bad take and view to have. I am sure if Dak were starting losing games for a top pick wouldn't be your end game.
Whats your excuse? That you want to be right about Dak or Dalton? I care only for the teams future and becoming a contender.
I am neither right or wrong as I look at both QBs as good/ average NFL QBs, how much better Dak is or isn't shall be determined by Daltons play, all I am looking for is wins. There hasn't been a contender here for 23 years and you think 1 tanking for a draft fixes that, just plain wish full thinking on your part.
Which route helps the Cowboys become a contender?
Drafts a crap shoot and 1 draft is not turning Dallas into a contender unless you believe like Jerry the team is 1 player away.

A. Win the division at 7-9, the 20th pick in the draft, a first place schedule next season
I will take my chances winning as you never know what the out come is.
Or
B. Lose the division at 6-10, 10th pick in the draft, an easier schedule next season.
You do know a first or second or place schedule do not mean much in todays NFL.
Lets see how football smart you really are. A or B. This is a tough one now!!! Take your time.
You choose B we and know the real reason. You play to win, with your plan just start all scrubs, backups and get the #1 pick. Your whole post shows how football smart you are not.[/QUOTE]

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You want your cake and eat it too.

You want Dak to be paid, you want a great Oline, great skill players, top 5 defense.

It’s just not realistic.

You pay Dak elite money he needs to actually perform like an elite player and win some games by his own merit.

Win them all by himself? You mean other than throw for 500 yards and 4 TD's? I guess he should play DT too?

But I agree with you.......Dak should never given all that money to Lawrence, Jaylon and Zeke. What a waste of money.

And all those bad draft picks like Taco and Hill are coming back to bite Dak. Terrible GM work there.

Maybe they should put Dak on special teams?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So what about his tremendous improvement on deep ball accuracy this season? Or are we going to forget about that because it makes you feel better?

Boast about it I don't care..

My stance on Dak is he is a good solid player.

You guys act like I think he is terrible lol.

I'm a Dak fan.. I like him..

I'm a bigger fan of the Cowboys and his contract + his ability is not something we can overcome.

Things were fine with him while we was making 4th round money.. Now i'm supposed to believe this team can reach a Superbowl while he takes up almost 20% of the cap? lol yeah right.

You same guys who think he can do it are also the same guys complaining about everything this team doesn't have.

Dak needs to either step up and people need to stop making excuses for him or we just need to go ahead and say that he needs too much around him to ever be successful with the type of money he wants.

Romo, a better QB, could not get it done.. We made him rich and we shared some nice moments but our playoff record and appearances with him was a joke. Just like it will be with Dak who isn't on his level.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Your ability to blame Dak for everything is becoming legendary. LOL

I'm not blaming Dak for everything..

I'm saying he is a non difference maker either way and we need a lot around him to ever win and we won't be able to provide that with the money he wants.

The Cowboys have made bad investments and are pretty much locked into mediocrity for the next few years and it could be even longer if they pay Dak.

The move was to let him hit free agency this offseason or at least put a tag on him where a team would have to trade picks for him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I never expected to see you espousing a positive outlook but you seem to be outdoing yourself with the pessimism today. Keep pulling for the Bengals and you might either be thrilled with the results or be forced to change your negativity about the hopelessness you see in the Cowboys. If either one of those things come to pass, I'm sure one of us might be satisfied. I'm not sure you would be, though, since you're always so intent to be extracting something you deem unacceptable. If someone gave you $100, would you complain if it was wrinkled? I'm kinda tempted to, just to find out -- (almost.) C'mon, man! :D

Why do you keep saying Bengals? Who are you talking about?

Im not complaining about Dak.

I will complain about the worst defense in NFL history. I will complain about an Oline I predicted would be a disaster. I will complain about Zeke until he earns his money, which he never will.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I will complain about the worst defense in NFL history. I will complain about an Oline I predicted would be a disaster. I will complain about Zeke until he earns his money, which he never will.

Just have to laugh at you. Yesterday you were saying Dak was so good that he does not need Zeke, a top offensive line, or a top 5 defense, all that because Dak is that great...your words. Now your are complaining about the Oline the defense and Zeke? lmao

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You choose B we and know the real reason. You play to win, with your plan just start all scrubs, backups and get the #1 pick. Your whole post shows how football smart you are not.
[/QUOTE]

Werent you one of the guys a few month ago wanting to get rid of Dak and go for a full blown rebuild?

LOL.....and hoping we lose isnt a plan, its just a personal wish. I certainly wouldnt coach my team that way.

I also wouldnt be stupid enough to contemplate cutting a top 10 QB. Something you have been doing for years on here.

Lets not forget that you were telling me how good Dak wasnt when I was telling you how obvious it was the guy was franchise material.

You were using words like backup/average/bus driver. Dont talk to me about smart. LOL

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you are confusing my motivations. I want the Cowboys to lose so that we get a high draft pick. This season is over. Winning the division at 6-10 or 7-9 or even 8-8 doesn't interest me.

If we have any hope of forming a true contender then this defense needs young talent and its much easier to find that drafting in the top 10 than in the 20's.

I actually like Dalton. But Im not the one propping him up as better than Dak or some kind of team savior like you trolls are. Dalton showing his lessor abilities will just add a little extra pleasure to the losing.

First off...since when is disagreeing being a "troll"? Being honest and stating your case is the opposite of troll.

Secondly....we can place higher emphasis on our defense next draft without rooting for losses...or actually having them. I know...a couple spots *could* make a difference, maybe. But if we drafted the first five on defense....no matter what spot...that would make a difference too.

and finally...getting joy out of a Dallas Cowboys player "showing his lesser abilities"...is pathetic. Sorry excuse for a fan.

And there ya go. Have at me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not blaming Dak for everything..

I'm saying he is a non difference maker either way and we need a lot around him to ever win and we won't be able to provide that with the money he wants.

The Cowboys have made bad investments and are pretty much locked into mediocrity for the next few years and it could be even longer if they pay Dak.

The move was to let him hit free agency this offseason or at least put a tag on him where a team would have to trade picks for him.

A "non difference maker". LOL

You obviously dont know what a difference maker is then.

And so moving away from mediocrity is getting rid of your top 7 QB and drafting a rookie? Or what.........signing Dalton to be your QB for cheap? Yah, ok guru.

Dak was getting paid 1 million per year for 4 years prior to this one. How come we werent winning SB genius?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
~snipped for space and clarity.

LOL.....and hoping we lose isnt a plan, its just a personal wish. I certainly wouldnt coach my team that way.

LOL

That kind of thought process lingers in your psyche. The mind doesn't wall off thoughts like that. It permeates them.

It's like when you have a good work ethic...it doesn't just come and go. Or a bad one. Thoughts like that show you the kind of person you really are.

Not preaching AT you....take it for what it's worth. There's truth there.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Oops, I meant to say the Cardinals -- they're all our enemies, so, who really cares? Anyway, here's hoping you enjoy seeing the Cowboys lose, assuming your fondest dreams come true! Enjoy the game, though. Whatever happens will likely work out for the best. I really believe that. :)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
is the gap the difference between playoff wins and losses? I think so.

Dak and Dalton aren't difference makers. They will get you similar results based on the team around them.

Just like Jared Goff who I think Dak is better than.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just have to laugh at you. Yesterday you were saying Dak was so good that he does not need Zeke, a top offensive line, or a top 5 defense, all that because Dak is that great...your words. Now your are complaining about the Oline the defense and Zeke? lmao

Well do the math genius. Dak was scoring 37 points a week with a bad Oline, Zeke doing little, and the worst defense in NFL history. And we were one play away from winning every game we lost.

So you give Dak even an average defense and this team is 5-0 right now.

I used to think Dak needed a great Oline. He has proven he doesnt. Zeke has proven that he does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.