Video: There is no massive gap between Dalton & Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Actually, we came close with Kyle Orton.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Orton
Dallas Cowboys[edit]
On March 14, 2012, Orton signed a three-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys to replace former backup quarterback Jon Kitna, who retired after the Cowboys' 2011 season. In week 4 against the Bears, his former team, Orton replaced Tony Romo late in the game and threw a 5-yard touchdown pass to Jason Witten, though the Bears still won the contest 34–18. The Cowboys went on to finish the season 8–8, losing to the Washington Commanders in a do-or-die week 17 contest.[32]

In the 2013 season, Orton had seen minimal time on the field with a total of 40 passing yards which all came during week 14 against the Chicago Bears. On December 27, 2013, head coach Jason Garrett announced that Orton would be the starting quarterback for the week 17 game against the Philadelphia Eagles after Tony Romo underwent back surgery.[33] He threw for 30 completions and 358 yards on 46 attempts (65.2%) and two touchdowns. He threw an early interception by Mychal Kendricks which was dropped by his tight end Jason Witten, and another interception by Brandon Boykin on the Cowboys' last drive which secured a 24–22 victory for the Eagles.

Buffalo Bills[edit]

Orton during the 2014 season.
Prior to the 2014 NFL season, Orton threatened the Cowboys with a possible retirement and did not report to any of the team's organized team activities or workouts. Besides accumulating $70,000 in fines, quarterback coach Wade Wilson reported that Orton did not maintain any communications with the Cowboys during this period.[34] Orton, who risked losing part of his signing bonus by holding out, eventually showed up to training camp. The team released him on July 15 and promoted Brandon Weeden to the backup quarterback position.[35] The Cowboys were relieved of Orton's $3.25 million salary in 2014, but still had to pay him a signing bonus.[36] He would follow Jeremiah Ratliff as the second player in two straight years to force the Cowboys to waive him

Hopefully, fans won't think that one good game by Dalton means he's as good as Dak, but they probably will. Seeing Dalton for multiple games in essentially the same setup Dak was in should be more telling. Consistency is a big part of the position.

Praxit

Reaction score
..can you imagine if Red Derby gets us to the NFC championship, let alone SB? Its going to get complicated.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Basically what I’ve been saying.. Dalton will get us Dak like results and he doesn’t need 40 million to do it.

Which is why you are clueless. As is Cowdung.

You are going to learn very quickly what the difference is. A lesson for the football and QB challenged fans.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
lol.. We will be lucky to win 8 games.. This team is terrible.

If it were up to me we would lose every game the rest of the year but the downside to that is Dak has all the leverage even though we were terrible with him.

Wait...….I thought the team around the QB doesn't matter? Dak should just be winning all these games on his own. "Dak isn't a difference maker" Remember?

Now when its Dalton's turn, all of a sudden things change?

Typical troll logic.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Wait...….I thought the team around the QB doesn't matter? Dak should just be winning all these games on his own. "Dak isn't a difference maker" Remember?

Now when its Dalton's turn, all of a sudden things change?

Typical troll logic.

I don't think Catch is one of the "trolls" to be honest I think he really believes the QB position here isn't good......I dont agree but i do expect him to say the same things about Dalton...I think he gets way too buried in the cap to enjoy any good QB play lol....He wants a QB on a rookie deal...and thats just a gamble also...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't think Catch is one of the "trolls" to be honest I think he really believes the QB position here isn't good......I dont agree but i do expect him to say the same things about Dalton...I think he gets way too buried in the cap to enjoy any good QB play lol....He wants a QB on a rookie deal...and thats just a gamble also...

He just isn't the smartest guy when it comes to QB's or football. We had Dak on a rookie deal for 4 years and he was saying the same nonsense. And that's where its just troll on top of it.

Its really been every excuse for these trolls since the beginning. In Dak's rookie year when the team went 13-3 won 11 games in a row under Dak and he won rookie of the year the complaint was that he couldn't carry a team and was just a bus driver. As he has matured and the line has diminished and the weapons have improved and the guy is now breaking NFL passing records and throwing for 450 yards and game and 4 TD's. NOW the issue is the team isn't winning and its Dak's fault. These clowns want Dalton at a bargain rate and want to try and win the SB. LOL

Clowns all of them.

If a fan or anyone cant see how good Dak is then they are either a hopeless troll or they are just plain football dumb.

Teams spend decades trying to find a stud like Dak. Now these clowns want to get rid of him rather then just admit they were all hopelessly wrong. Well they can all dream on because Dak is going to be here for another 5 years minimum.

But like many have said...…...it wont mean jack until we get a quality defense. Im not sure you even need a top 5 defense anymore with Dak. That's how good he has become.

Moore has made a huge difference and the weapons are outstanding. Not sure they even need a top 5 line anymore or even Zeke.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Super Bowl or Bust. Dalton has his best weapons. No excuses.
Exactly. If only he had these weapons in Cincy, he wouldn't have been 0 - 4 in the playoffs.
Do you still just go ahead and pay Dak his big contract not knowing if he returns to form? I can not see that. Tag him again and see what happens
I don't see Dak w/Dallas next season. Too many rumors Indianapolis wanting him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dalton doesn't have to be as good or better than Dak. He just needs to prove that you don't have to pay top dollar to get a QB who can help you win. Either way we won't make it to a SB without a better defense. A cheaper QB might help us build that.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I've been thinking along those lines for a while now -- let's see if that holds up, from here on. There's plenty of games left to tell. ;)

Yes, Dak is good enough in his own right but does the Dallas FO have him rated just a bit higher than is warranted? We'll soon see.
As much as I have bashed Dak he was just starting to really get in sync with Lamb. That was fun to watch.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Basically what I’ve been saying.. Dalton will get us Dak like results and he doesn’t need 40 million to do it.

Lol. Yeah. So when Colin agrees with you. You post him. Makes sense. What are you going to do if Andy fails miserably and looks nothing close to Dak?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol.. We will be lucky to win 8 games.. This team is terrible.

If it were up to me we would lose every game the rest of the year but the downside to that is Dak has all the leverage even though we were terrible with him.
Being terrible with him is not the same as being terrible because of him. Dak isn’t perfect, but the defense is the big culprit.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
If you’re going to pay a QB then pay a QB, make no sense to pay for the one between guys. The problem is if dalton plays well he’ll command 20-25 mil in which case we’d probably just pay Dak, and if he plays bad then of course we’d pay Dak. The reality is Dak will probably be the QB here for a long time

conner01

Reaction score
The biggest “gap” is the gap between our defense and a high school offense
I think my local HS team could put up a couple of touchdowns on this defense
No QB is making this team a competitive, playoff capable team unless the defense gets about Two Touchdowns a game better

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Stupid!!!! One was about to get 40 million and the other was cut for an unproven rookie when they could have drafted Chase Young! Lol, people are either stupid, ignorant or naive?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
He just isn't the smartest guy when it comes to QB's or football. We had Dak on a rookie deal for 4 years and he was saying the same nonsense. And that's where its just troll on top of it.

Its really been every excuse for these trolls since the beginning. In Dak's rookie year when the team went 13-3 won 11 games in a row under Dak and he won rookie of the year the complaint was that he couldn't carry a team and was just a bus driver. As he has matured and the line has diminished and the weapons have improved and the guy is now breaking NFL passing records and throwing for 450 yards and game and 4 TD's. NOW the issue is the team isn't winning and its Dak's fault. These clowns want Dalton at a bargain rate and want to try and win the SB. LOL

Clowns all of them.

If a fan or anyone cant see how good Dak is then they are either a hopeless troll or they are just plain football dumb.

Teams spend decades trying to find a stud like Dak. Now these clowns want to get rid of him rather then just admit they were all hopelessly wrong. Well they can all dream on because Dak is going to be here for another 5 years minimum.

But like many have said...…...it wont mean jack until we get a quality defense. Im not sure you even need a top 5 defense anymore with Dak. That's how good he has become.

Moore has made a huge difference and the weapons are outstanding. Not sure they even need a top 5 line anymore or even Zeke.

Check it out, the bold. See, this is utter nonsense. This clown, that's what he calls everyone that does not agree with him, thinks Dak is SO GREAT that the team does not even need a top 5 line or a top 5 defense anymore...hell, they don't even need Zeke because Dak is so great...hell, pretty soon he's going to say that even the receivers aren't needed.

Pretty soon this clown is going to say all that is needed is a center to snap Dak the ball and he will do the rest to win the game...to hell with all the other players! Just put Dak and the center out there, that's all that is needed. Two players, Dak and the Center against the whole other team...Dak will win! woot...!

So, who is the clown?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
herd is a talking head, so I dont care much what he says, but if Jimmy says dalton is ok then maybe he is.
We can talk all we want, but I am anxious to see how he does and how the team does, monday nite.
Forget the stats, and the past, and lets see if the cowboys win or not.
Dalton isnt a robot, he is human and hasnt played in awhile, so I expect some rust.

My main doubts are with mm and kellen, and their game plan, and kellens play calling.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The biggest “gap” is the gap between our defense and a high school offense
I think my local HS team could put up a couple of touchdowns on this defense
No QB is making this team a competitive, playoff capable team unless the defense gets about Two Touchdowns a game better

for one not happening not even 10yards no HS OL can handle a DL even ours they would all tumble down to the ground and the qb a would get his leg broke on the first tackle/sack, they would look like tackling dummies.. what an iognorant dramatic statement to fit your narrative..

so 2 tds difference is all we need,

easy,

stop having the offense, ST, and some poor coaching choices add 14 points to the finals score.. then when those Turnovers, paneities, and muffed KR, safetys and etc etc dont happen all of sudden the defense isnt out on short fields, quick turn defense and playing extra possessions which keeps them fresher..

you get how that works right?

need evidence, how bad is Seatles defense? nearly as bad, why are they undefeated? better at taking care of the ball, calling better plays, less mistakes on STS..they are 5-0 with a horrible defense..

Freaking clown fan narratives making excuses for all the other mistakes that have led to the final scored ..

yes the defense is bad but Dak and company ie Zeke, Dalton, pollards, the OL penalties getting us behind the chains, the coaches taking chances on ST fakes, forging a chip shot Fg etc etc all lead to the score getting out of control..

Status
Not open for further replies.