Video: There is no massive gap between Dalton & Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
lol.. We will be lucky to win 8 games.. This team is terrible.

If it were up to me we would lose every game the rest of the year but the downside to that is Dak has all the leverage even though we were terrible with him.

Nope don't backpedal now. Don't make up different rules. Y'all trash Dak and say Dalton is no different. Cool. I expect him to do what you guys expect to do which is win games all by himself. I don't want excuses about anything else. This posts reeks of making excuses for one man but telling us why the other won't succeed. It's clear y'all have an agenda because you just told me we are getting the same QB so why the change of tune now?

You are all over the place it isn't even funny. Pick a stance and stick with it. But I knew y'all would be moving the goalposts for Dalton and setting up different rules.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Not sure about Daks leverage.

That was a nasty injury and he has A LOT of rehab ahead. If he has any setbacks..what happens?

The FO has to place it's chips to decide if it can afford to bet the house on Dak. I would think they will not.

Just look at Alex Smith. He has been out a longtime now with his injury. It was a bit more than Dak's but you can not assume Dak just returns to where he left off.

Do you still just go ahead and pay Dak his big contract not knowing if he returns to form? I can not see that. Tag him again and see what happens but if Dalton leaves then you better get DiNucci ready quickly.

:huh:

Comparing Alex Smith's injury to Dak's is silly. Not even close to the same thing. Alex broke his leg, was close to having it amputated, he was close to losing his life and had a ton of operations on it because it did not go well.

Dak's surgery went great and he will be fine.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We know what you are trying to infer, and that is not right...the hell is wrong with you!
In all honesty. I tend to agree. Romo used to get praised for a lot of the same mistakes Dak gets roasted for. Not to bring Romo into it but it’s relevant to this conversation. Some of the hate Dak gets is definitely warranted in his play sometimes. But it’s the people who hate him even when he plays flawless football and just don’t like him. That’s where the inference is coming from. There are actually people here who would still hate Dak if we won a Super Bowl and he was the MVP. Trust me

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
In all honesty. I tend to agree. Romo used to get praised for a lot of the same mistakes Dak gets roasted for. Not to bring Romo into it but it’s relevant to this conversation. Some of the hate Dak gets is definitely warranted in his play sometimes. But it’s the people who hate him even when he plays flawless football and just don’t like him. That’s where the inference is coming from. There are actually people here who would still hate Dak if we won a Super Bowl and he was the MVP. Trust me

You could be right, I don't take it like that. I don't think it's a Romo thing, I really think he is inferring a racial reference...and I hope to hell I'm wrong because I've know this poster for a long time. Also, I apologize if I'm the one way off base.

How, you doing, hound dog?

phildadon86

Reaction score
You could be right, I don't take it like that. I don't think it's a Romo thing, I really think he is inferring a racial reference...and I hope to hell I'm wrong because I've know this poster for a long time. Also, I apologize if I'm the one way off base.

How, you doing, hound dog?
Good man. Dealing with some family stuff today so it’s been busy. And I was also alluding to a racial reference. Not towards that poster In particular but to some on here. Some of the hate makes 0 sense. You would think Dak stole their daughters v card. Lol.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Comparing Alex Smith's injury to Dak's is silly. Not even close to the same thing. Alex broke his leg, was close to having it amputated, he was close to losing his life and had a ton of operations on it because it did not go well.

Dak's surgery went great and he will be fine.
I can see you have not had a significant brush with surgical operations.

Anything can happen during the operation and post op. Rehab is one of the most difficult issues.

Breaking his ankle like he did..compound and bone breaking skin? That will leave some people with big issues to regain normality.

I like your surety on the topic. I wish Dak all the best. He is in for a life-changing experience.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Good man. Dealing with some family stuff today so it’s been busy. And I was also alluding to a racial reference. Not towards that poster In particular but to some on here. Some of the hate makes 0 sense. You would think Dak stole their daughters v card. Lol.

I'm a Navajo Indian...I love everyone! lol

Keep that family happy, brother man!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I can see you have not had a significant brush with surgical operations.

Anything can happen during the operation and post op. Rehab is one of the most difficult issues.

Breaking his ankle like he did..compound and bone breaking skin? That will leave some people with big issues to regain normality.

I like your surety on the topic. I wish Dak all the best. He is in for a life-changing experience.

How long did Joe Theismann play after his compound fracture, do you know?

SSoup

Reaction score
You have to basically not know anything about football or about their bodies of work to pretend this is true. Their stats indicate, in most areas, Dalton's ceiling is closer to Dak's average (if not his floor).

Across the board, there's almost no metric where Dalton isn't worse.

Dalton's TD-to-INT ratio is worse. His passer rating is 10 points worse in the regular season, 40 points worse in the playoffs. His yards per attempt is worse, his yards per game are worse. His win percentage is worse.

You wouldn't know it, what with the chorus of Dak-haters claiming Dak is less accurate, but his completion percentage is worse than Dak's too. Easily. Dalton's best single-season completion percentage was 66, which is Dak's average. Dak's worst single-season completion percentage is 62, which is Dalton's average. And in case you're worried this is because Dak throws short and dinks and dunks his way to a better percentage, don't forget, Dalton's yards per attempt is worse. So he throws shorter while also completing less.

But, sure, there's no massive gap. Dalton's just worse in just about every way, but it doesn't add up to mean anything. Not if you've already made up your mind how good he is and how bad Dak must be.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As much as I have bashed Dak he was just starting to really get in sync with Lamb. That was fun to watch.

CeeDee will be fun to watch with Dak, with Andy and anyone else who's fortunate enough to be throwing to him. I'm as fond of Dak as I've ever been, although, being aware of his faults as well as his talents is a study, in itself.

I know Andy will have his high times and his failings that will surely be exposed, also. The stories that are still to be be told will certainly attract a great deal of interest throughout the remainder of 2020 and beyond.

I'd really like to keep them both but sound reasoning says the expense of doing so will most likely be impossible. I'm totally fascinated with all of what lies ahead. It'll be a fun thing to watch, no doubt.

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score
Yes I think most are not getting this, if he keeps this offense at #1 he is going to ask for some real money...and he will get it from someone..
And if the O doesn't skip a beat and there is no performance difference and Dak wants 38-40Mill for 4 years and Dalton 20-25 mill for 3-4 years who do you go with, be honest????

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
$7,000,000.00 isn't real money?
:huh::facepalm:
And if the O doesn't skip a beat and there is no performance difference and Dak wants 38-40Mill for 4 years and Dalton 20-25 mill for 3-4 years who do you go with, be honest????

Ive already said you go with Dalton why would you not? but lets be honest, if Dalton wins with this defense he will have a monster year...do you think his offers from other teams will be 20-25 mill, thats what im saying...your not getting a good QB for that not in this QB market.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Kick both of them to the curb and roll with DiNucci...lol...problem solved. Dak is out, Andy can't save the season, let's go with the hungry kid, he needs to feed his family also! lol

csirl

Reaction score
You have to basically not know anything about football or about their bodies of work to pretend this is true. Their stats indicate, in most areas, Dalton's ceiling is closer to Dak's average (if not his floor).

Across the board, there's almost no metric where Dalton isn't worse.

Cant really tell from thw stats - different teams, different supporting cast. We'll only really know after we see Dalton play 3-4 games with the Cowboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.