Video: There is no massive gap between Dalton & Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
lol whatever buddy.. Keep posting this stuff.. It's great.

This is just a perfect example of how you don't understand what you are seeing on the field.

When a team gets waaaay down the defense plays nickel and dime and doenst have to worry about the run game. They are specifically geared up to defend the pass. And the pass rush gets to tee off on the Oline and pin their ears back.

They will give you the underneath stuff, but they are specifically defending against the mid range and deep ball. And Dak simply could not be stopped. And this was with little to no help whatsoever from the defense or with turnovers or field position.

Just face it buddy, you lack the basic concepts to understand what you are seeing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He barely pulled off the last win and he started ahead. If it wasn't for a circus catch, the drive is over.

I like Dalton and I have no problem giving him props for helping win that game. And if he continues to do that the rest of the year, I will eat crow. But Im just not seeing it. Even with an easy schedule. This Oline is waaaay too bad and the defense is horrible. Dalton is going to get killed behind our Oline. And Zeke isn't coming to the rescue either.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He barely pulled off the last win and he started ahead. If it wasn't for a circus catch, the drive is over.

He went 9-11 for 111 yards.. He wasn't really struggling.

I've watched thousands of NFL games and watching a QB come into a game cold and fumble a snap is just a thing that happens sometimes. No big deal.

Dalton came in and did what he needed to do.

Dalton at the end of the day will get you to the same place Dak will because they are both mediocre QB's and if you put them in optimal situations then you will have homers tell you they are better than they are.

phildadon86

Reaction score

I've watched thousands of NFL games and watching a QB come into a game cold and fumble a snap is just a thing that happens sometimes. No big deal.

Dalton at the end of the day will get you to the same place Dak will because they are both mediocre QB's and if you put them in optimal situations then you will have homers tell you they are better than they are.

If Dak did it. Its a big deal though right? Because he wants to be paid so we all need to hate him lol. He also threw an almost pick 6 which would have been game ending. If Dak does that. Theres 3 threads about it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

THE QB GURU HAS SPOKEN!!!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Dak did it. Its a big deal though right? Because he wants to be paid so we all need to hate him lol. He also threw an almost pick 6 which would have been game ending. If Dak does that. Theres 3 threads about it.

We're comparing a guy coming off the bench cold to a guy who has been playing all year and getting more reps in practice.

It's whatever though.. 1-3 to start the season with Dak.

6 wins in his last 17 games.

Dak has set a standard.

Paying Dak and crying about how bad everything around him is not optimal is not how you get through to those of us who are Anti- Pay Dak. You're actually making our point.

If Dalton comes in and gets similar results to Dak and does it for pennies why would you pay Prescott who clearly needs a lot around him and wants a large portion of our cap? No thanks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I mean.. Jimmy Johnson is echoing the same thing I said months ago about Dalton..

He also think we will get similar results.

Similar results as in losing? Sure...…….when you have the worst defense in NFL history it doesn't matter who the QB is. That we can agree on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I admit when I do it and don’t hide from it when I act like a troll or act childish. If there is one thing I am, it is honest. Can’t say the same for you. Can’t trust anything you type.

Where have I ever been dishonest? Or not upfront?

Just because we don't see eye to eye on issues....just because I don't approve of trolling....doesn't mean I am untrustful.

And no...you are NOT "upfront". Most of the time I have to drag it outta ya. I suppose I should just first assume it's trolling and go from there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Similar results as in losing? Sure...…….when you have the worst defense in NFL history it doesn't matter who the QB is. That we can agree on.

Jimmy is taking it 1 step further and saying we will win the division and the defense will improve BECAUSE of Dalton. Football guy...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We're comparing a guy coming off the bench cold to a guy who has been playing all year and getting more reps in practice.

It's whatever though.. 1-3 to start the season with Dak.

6 wins in his last 17 games.

Dak has set a standard.

Paying Dak and crying about how bad everything around him is not optimal is not how you get through to those of us who are Anti- Pay Dak. You're actually making our point.

If Dalton comes in and gets similar results to Dak and does it for pennies why would you pay Prescott who clearly needs a lot around him and wants a large portion of our cap? No thanks.

Until you learn to analyze players on bad teams with something other than team success, then you are no use at all in football conversations.

Until you can come up with something other than TEAM RECORD to discredit Dak, your argument goes up in smoke.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Until you learn to analyze players on bad teams with something other than team success, then you are no use at all in football conversations.

Until you can come up with something other than TEAM RECORD to discredit Dak, your argument goes up in smoke.
Same person that was saying the team record had nothing to do with Dak. When they were winning.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

lol whatever man.

Dak is a good solid player. That's it.

Great leader and a solid player. Nothing spectacular about him on the field to where you should say he isn't replaceable.

Dalton comes in as "one of the worst QB's in the league" and will replace him no problem.

QB's are easier than ever to find. Mediocre guys are everywhere. Pay truly elite guys and let the Dak's of the world take a hike if they want elite guy money so we can give ourselves a chance at winning the Superbowl and not be the fighting Dak's that have no chance of ever winning because our QB needs too much around him and makes too much to make it possible.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jimmy is taking it 1 step further and saying we will win the division and the defense will improve BECAUSE of Dalton. Football guy...

I don't even know what your talking about with Jimmy Johnson.

Ill tell you what...……...

1. I think we win the division and make the playoffs (because everyone else sucks and our schedule is easy compared to the Eagles which is our only real competition)
2. I think our defense will improve because it cant get any worse and we are actually getting some starters back
3. None of this will be because of ANDY DALTON!!!

And if you OR Jimmy think that the offense or team is better with Dalton then I disagree with both of you. But please feel free to forward me this Jimmy Johnson video.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
lol whatever man.

Dak is a good solid player. That's it.

Great leader and a solid player. Nothing spectacular about him on the field to where you should say he isn't replaceable.

Dalton comes in as "one of the worst QB's in the league" and will replace him no problem.

top 10 QB's are not "solid". They are rare and hard to find. Heck, I will even go as far as to say he is top 7 now. Those guys don't grow on trees.

By replace you mean lose? LOL

Dalton is going to throw for 500 yards and 4 TD's? I doubt that seriously. Dak did it almost every game he had to. If the Cowboys get down big, you can forget about it with Dalton.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't even know what your talking about with Jimmy Johnson.

Ill tell you what...……...

1. I think we win the division and make the playoffs (because everyone else sucks and our schedule is easy compared to the Eagles which is our only real competition)
2. I think our defense will improve because it cant get any worse and we are actually getting some starters back
3. None of this will be because of ANDY DALTON!!!

And if you OR Jimmy think that the offense or team is better with Dalton then I disagree with both of you. But please feel free to forward me this Jimmy Johnson video.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Same person that was saying the team record had nothing to do with Dak. When they were winning.

Yep, when Dak was "efficient" and winning, he was just a bus driver that couldn't carry the team if he had to.

Now all of a sudden he wants a bus driver that is "efficient". LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL...……….that's all he said?

Wheres the part about the team winning because of Dalton? I guess you made that up?

All he is saying is that he thinks Dalton is a solid QB that can get the job done IF this and IF that.

Ill tell you what...………...If the Oline was as good as previous years and the defense was good, then I would agree.

But Dalton is NOT the guy you want behind a bad line and is not the guy you want to have to score 40 points a game.

I seriously doubt that this is what Jimmy Johnson is saying. And if he is, then I completely disagree.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Agreed, no massive gap, OVERALL. Though in the NFL, the "massive" gaps are few and far between, comparing a Mahomes to say, a Haskins, or a Mahomes to a Jones might fit the bill.

But one gap may prove to be a very big difference, and that's Dak's ability to withstand hits in the pocket. Teams will blitz the snot out of Dalton, if he can't get out of the way of most of them (and I saw Rodgers get swallowed up several times in the first half last night), it'll be fumble city in the Dallas backfield, or it'll be DeNucci time.....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Because Dak is not a difference maker at his position.

I said that when we were winning and i'll say that when we are losing.

I'm not blaming Dak for our losses although his turnovers didn't help..

He provides a solid standard of play but all last year we couldn't beat 1 good team and this year we picked up about where we left off.

I'm not blaming him. Clearly our defense is the problem. But he isn't a guy that's going to overcome obstacles because others carry him.. He doesn't carry others...

Dalton is the same type of player. Dak is a little better but not by much. I think Dalton is a more skilled passer and will make better reads than Dak but Dak's athleticism gives him the overall edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.