Video: There is no massive gap between Dalton & Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
LOL...……….that's all he said?

Wheres the part about the team winning because of Dalton? I guess you made that up?

All he is saying is that he thinks Dalton is a solid QB that can get the job done IF this and IF that.

Ill tell you what...………...If the Oline was as good as previous years and the defense was good, then I would agree.

But Dalton is NOT the guy you want behind a bad line and is not the guy you want to have to score 40 points a game.

I seriously doubt that this is what Jimmy Johnson is saying. And if he is, then I completely disagree.

He was saying the offense will continue to crank out great passing stats but lose games, and I agree 100% with that.

Jimmy, despite his disagreements with Jerry, is still a Cowboys supporter, you'll never hear him say his old team sucks...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agreed, no massive gap, OVERALL. Though in the NFL, the "massive" gaps are few and far between, comparing a Mahomes to say, a Haskins, or a Mahomes to a Jones might fit the bill.

But one gap may prove to be a very big difference, and that's Dak's ability to withstand hits in the pocket. Teams will blitz the snot out of Dalton, if he can't get out of the way of most of them (and I saw Rodgers get swallowed up several times in the first half last night), it'll be fumble city in the Dallas backfield, or it'll be DeNucci time.....

Dak is clearly much better than Dalton. Especially with Dak in his prime and Dalton past it. Dak gives you a fighting chance against a Mahomes, Dalton doesn't. Dak gives you the ability to win games when your defense gives up 39 every week. Dak gets you homefield advantage with a good team where Dalton doesn't. Dak wins you a SB with a contender when Dalton doesn't.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL...……….that's all he said?

Wheres the part about the team winning because of Dalton? I guess you made that up?

All he is saying is that he thinks Dalton is a solid QB that can get the job done IF this and IF that.

Ill tell you what...………...If the Oline was as good as previous years and the defense was good, then I would agree.

But Dalton is NOT the guy you want behind a bad line and is not the guy you want to have to score 40 points a game.

I seriously doubt that this is what Jimmy Johnson is saying. And if he is, then I completely disagree.

So to recap for you..

Andy Dalton will make the defense better.

Dallas won't miss a beat with him...

Dalton will win the division...

Jimmy's words not mine..

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm sure there's plenty of you that hope Dak gets Wally Pipped. After all that's how he got the job to begin with. Well see if the red rifle performs well enough for that to be a discussion then I wont be mad about it. Somehow I just don't see it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm sure there's plenty of you that hope Dak gets Wally Pipped. After all that's how he got the job to begin with. Well see if the red rifle performs well enough for that to be a discussion then I wont be mad about it. Somehow I just don't see it.

Dak will get his money and it will be for country club reasons and not football reasons.

Dak is one of the big guys at the country club and Dallas will eventually participate in the market of stupidity that has become of the QB market.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because Dak is not a difference maker at his position.

I said that when we were winning and i'll say that when we are losing.

I'm not blaming Dak for our losses although his turnovers didn't help..

He's provides a solid standard of play but all last year we couldn't beat 1 good team and this year we picked up about where we left off.

I'm not blaming him. Clearly our defense is the problem. But he isn't a guy that's going to overcome obstacles because others carry him.. He doesn't carry others...

Dalton is the same type of player. Dak is a little better but not by much. I think Dalton is a more skilled passer and will make better reads than Dak but Dak's athleticism gives him the overall edge.

Only 5 or 6 QB's better than Dak. Dak is now the poster child for carrying his team on his back.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak will get his money and it will be for country club reasons and not football reasons.

Dak is one of the big guys at the country club and Dallas will eventually participate in the market of stupidity that has become of the QB market.

Conclusion is right, reasoning is wrong. Dak will get paid because he is one of the best QB's in the NFL. Dak is a stud that carries the team on his back when he has to.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He was saying the offense will continue to crank out great passing stats but lose games, and I agree 100% with that.

Jimmy, despite his disagreements with Jerry, is still a Cowboys supporter, you'll never hear him say his old team sucks...

That's a far cry from what the QB guru described Johnson saying.

I agree we will continue to lose, but by bigger margins now. I don't agree that the passing stats will be anything close to what they were under Dak. And we definitely wont be averaging 37 points per game.

Dalton will get sacked more, fumble more, and throw more picks. Throw less TD's and less yards. Dalton will put the defense in worse situations than Dak.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Where have I ever been dishonest? Or not upfront?

Just because we don't see eye to eye on issues....just because I don't approve of trolling....doesn't mean I am untrustful.

And no...you are NOT "upfront". Most of the time I have to drag it outta ya. I suppose I should just first assume it's trolling and go from there.
Whatever dude. We are not going to see eye to eye. How about we just ignore each other?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

So to recap for you..

Andy Dalton will make the defense better.

Dallas won't miss a beat with him...

Dalton will win the division...

Jimmy's words not mine..

Where are the words?

LOL...…..I think we will win the division too.

Miss a beat you mean losing?

Where did he say Dalton will make the defense better?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Going to find out tonight and the rest of the season.
The data is coming.
We can talk/debate/argue all we want but we will get the answer very soon.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I gotta give Catch some credit. He certainly has pushed his chips “all in” on this topic.

We shall see how it works out.

I hope dalton plays well.

I don’t trust the defense to play well enough no matter who the QB is. To be honest.

But we shall see.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Only 5 or 6 QB's better than Dak. Dak is now the poster child for carrying his team on his back.

lol if only he actually did that.

Russel Wilson carries the team on his back. Seattle and Dallas are very similar teams and Wilson actually impacts the outcomes of games and Dak can't.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I gotta give Catch some credit. He certainly has pushed his chips “all in” on this topic.

We shall see how it works out.

I hope dalton plays well.

I don’t trust the defense to play well enough no matter who the QB is. To be honest.

But we shall see.

I've always said Dalton can get Dak like results.

Dak set the bar really low.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I like Dalton and I have no problem giving him props for helping win that game. And if he continues to do that the rest of the year, I will eat crow. But Im just not seeing it. Even with an easy schedule. This Oline is waaaay too bad and the defense is horrible. Dalton is going to get killed behind our Oline. And Zeke isn't coming to the rescue either.
He helped win the game, but he's not going to be the savior. And some here act as if the Prescott era is over.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
lol if only he actually did that.

Russel Wilson carries the team on his back. Seattle and Dallas are very similar teams and Wilson actually impacts the outcomes of games and Dak can't.

NO, the Seahawks just actually win when Wilson does it. Stats are near identical. Wilson just has a better defense. Cowboys have an average defense they are 5-0.

Gotta look at more then wins and losses to analyze football overall and individual players.

This is where your opinions fall off the shelf.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I've always said Dalton can get Dak like results.

Dak set the bar really low.

These are the types of comments I can’t agree with.

Dak aside, I still think you really undersell how hard it is to find good QB play in the league.

We shall see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.