There is nothing about the franchise that’s positive

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He hoisted the trophy bud, all that matters. There numbers were similar in their respective second years. Wilson didn't progress very much off of his rookie year but he didn't regress. All good bud have a good rest of your day.

No I got it, your another Dak hater. All good.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you wouldn't call losing your starting QB, who some think a HoF candidate, your backup QB, and then having to start a 4th round rookie project at QB adversity? How did they do in those circumstances? And, by the way, I would say coming back from a 21-3 deficit in the playoff game is handling adversity.

Last year was a train wreck. It wasn't just the injuries, but the lack of quality depth and the pall cast by the EE situation. That was all of their own making and so they should be criticized for it, but you can't say they aren't capable of overcoming any adversity because 2016 proves otherwise.

I would say that 2016 was Garretts best year. But then he totally blew it with his coaching in the playoff game. And Dak won rookie of the year. So he was not your typical backup. Great option to have.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Except Wilson's a

Romo's best year was 2014, when he was the bus driver. Don't know that Dak has Romo's ability to BE the bus driver, little early to tell, but Dak's ability to run offsets that lack of ability to some degree...

I think in his rookie year, Dak was already a better bus driver. I don't think Romo knew how to drive the bus.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The OL was all we had. And Zeke, who needs the OL. Tyron is a walking timebomb. So is Fredrick now. This iteration of Dallas is toast. Blow it up, suck and rebuild.

There is nothing left. I like Dak, but he’s just a bus driver.
I just hate how the fans sound like they want no part of Lawrence or Zeke after their rookie contracts or franchise tag

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I think in his rookie year, Dak was already a better bus driver. I don't think Romo knew how to drive the bus.

I totally disagree, most years he had poor support, in the one year he had a really good running game, he completed nearly 70% of his passes, only 9 ints and a rating of 113.2.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I don't think it's shared by many....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I totally disagree, most years he had poor support, in the one year he had a really good running game, he completed nearly 70% of his passes, only 9 ints and a rating of 113.2.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I don't think it's shared by many....

Romos best year for sure. And he did have poor support. Maybe he could have been a better driver if he had. But from what we saw, Romo was a gunslinger. When you are up 23 at halftime and throw 3 picks in the 2nd half to lose the game...……….TWICE...…..that's a big problem. Did Romo ever throw the ball away? Love Romo and he was a great QB, but a bus driver he was not. Just the opposite. It wasn't in his nature. From where I am standing, its his greatest weakness. Im sure you can find some Dak haters that will agree with you.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Im sure you can find some Dak haters that will agree with you.

What has Dak got to do with whether or not Romo was or could be a bus driver? Romo lovers aren't automatically Dak haters.

And I wouldn't disagree that Romo was basically a gunslinger, though I think a lot of that came from the fact that with poor support he HAD to be one, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be a bus driver.

Aikman only threw over 20 tds in a season like once, but he put up 4 tds in his first SB, some said he was incapable of throwing deep or a lot of passes, but games like that show that he could have if that was what was needed, but with Emmitt he didn't need to do that.

Oh wel we won't ever agree on Romo as a bus driver, I respect your opinion...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What has Dak got to do with whether or not Romo was or could be a bus driver? Romo lovers aren't automatically Dak haters.

And I wouldn't disagree that Romo was basically a gunslinger, though I think a lot of that came from the fact that with poor support he HAD to be one, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be a bus driver.

Aikman only threw over 20 tds in a season like once, but he put up 4 tds in his first SB, some said he was incapable of throwing deep or a lot of passes, but games like that show that he could have if that was what was needed, but with Emmitt he didn't need to do that.

Oh wel we won't ever agree on Romo as a bus driver, I respect your opinion...

Romo wasn't a bus driver. Maybe in another life. You can deny it all you want. Its like calling Favre a bus driver. Doesn't fit.

kskboys

Reaction score
Romos best year for sure. And he did have poor support. Maybe he could have been a better driver if he had. But from what we saw, Romo was a gunslinger. When you are up 23 at halftime and throw 3 picks in the 2nd half to lose the game...……….TWICE...…..that's a big problem. Did Romo ever throw the ball away? Love Romo and he was a great QB, but a bus driver he was not. Just the opposite. It wasn't in his nature. From where I am standing, its his greatest weakness. Im sure you can find some Dak haters that will agree with you.
Romo was not a bus driver. He did get a lot better at it after observing Kitna.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Gotta wonder, if someone thinks there's NOTHING positive about the team, if they're really a fan or just trolling ;)

JustChip

Reaction score
I would say that 2016 was Garretts best year. But then he totally blew it with his coaching in the playoff game. And Dak won rookie of the year. So he was not your typical backup. Great option to have.

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Was Dak RoY because the coaching staff, Garrett included, put him in a position to play to his strengths and mitigate his weaknesses, or would Dak have performed just as well and won RoY on another team like maybe the 49ers? The team far exceeded anybody's expectations once Tony went down.

If someone is going to be criticized for failures, it's only reasonable they be credited for successes. But that's not the culture here, and not just with Garrett. The prevailing attitude (I'm speaking in a macro sense) is the players are responsible for the successes, but the coaches are responsible for the failure. That may be right, but as Parcells said, you are what your record says you are, no ifs and buts.

How did Garrett blow the playoff game? They were tied with 30 seconds left and lost because Rodgers made a Rodgers-esque throw and Jared Cook made a non Cook-esque catch.

roughneck266

Reaction score
DIS31040.jpg

triplets_93

Reaction score
Yep we're done. Probably never win a game again. Jerry may as well fold the franchise.

You Can't Handle The Truth!!

Jerry makes a profit whether The Cowboys win or not.
Jerry's a businessman, and buddy, Business is Good !!!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If we lose more than 7 games then yeah, draft more O-line lol

NickZepp

Reaction score
You Can't Handle The Truth!!

Jerry makes a profit whether The Cowboys win or not.
Jerry's a businessman, and buddy, Business is Good !!!
Someone can't detect sarcasm. Jerry wouldn't be where he is if he folds something worth over a billion dollars.