There is nothing about the franchise that’s positive

Blackrain

Reaction score
LOL......we lose a pro bowl center and its not big deal, but 5 drives in preseason of shutout ball against the worst offense in the NFL and were a top 5 defense right? Too funny.

For me, this was never a SB contending team to begin with so Im not jumping off a ledge.

You got it, no SB till we get a better coach and are able to deal with the cap in a way where we can add an impact FA to spots of need . Just impossible to fill every spot through the draft but we can sure have some real good football to watch till we get outcoached in the playoffs LOL .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Even without Frederick, this line should be more than adequate for Zeke to put up very good numbers with.

Im not sure that's the point. Its about winning games. Its about dominating the line of scrimmage. We will be much less capable now in doing that. You will basically have a backup center, and a rookie protecting the middle of the line. Not good. And it will also affect the passing game. Despite what some may think, this is about as bad an injury as we could get.

Dak, Zeke, Lee and any of our 3 Olineman are as big as it gets getting hurt. We saw what happened to the line last year when one got hurt.

aria

Reaction score
Im not sure that's the point. Its about winning games. Its about dominating the line of scrimmage. We will be much less capable now in doing that. You will basically have a backup center, and a rookie protecting the middle of the line. Not good. And it will also affect the passing game. Despite what some may think, this is about as bad an injury as we could get.

Dak, Zeke, Lee and any of our 3 Olineman are as big as it gets getting hurt. We saw what happened to the line last year when one got hurt.
But but but I’ve been told Zeke can put up the same amount of numbers behind any O line in the league and Dak can handle pressure just fine.

Regardless, I never said it wouldn’t hurt but we still have a better line than the majority of the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But but but I’ve been told Zeke can put up the same amount of numbers behind any O line in the league and Dak can handle pressure just fine.

Regardless, I never said it wouldn’t hurt but we still have a better line than the majority of the NFL.

Cant speak for the Zeke people your talking about. Wasnt me that said that. ANY player is better with a good Oline. Dak handles pressure well, but the more pressure the worse a QB will play. Just common sense.

He will need to play better than he did the last 8 games of last year if this team has any hopes for the playoffs. But if they have to put Chaz Green in there you can kiss it all goodbye. I dont think we know much all about Looney. Looney and Conner protecting the middle of the line is a scary thought.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The line was average last year once Smith went down. For a team built around the Oline and the run game, that is REALLY bad.

aria

Reaction score
Cant speak for the Zeke people your talking about. Wasnt me that said that. ANY player is better with a good Oline. Dak handles pressure well, but the more pressure the worse a QB will play. Just common sense.

He will need to play better than he did the last 8 games of last year if this team has any hopes for the playoffs. But if they have to put Chaz Green in there you can kiss it all goodbye. I dont think we know much all about Looney. Looney and Conner protecting the middle of the line is a scary thought.
I’ll have to disagree with Dak handling pressure well, I think that’s one of his biggest weaknesses. I think he gets flustered too easily in the pocket and his first instinct is to run before making his reads.

aria

Reaction score
The line was average last year once Smith went down. For a team built around the Oline and the run game, that is REALLY bad.
So are the rest of the guys over rated? We can’t blame everything on coaching. An O lineman doesn’t go from being a pro bowler to average during the same season because one guy is out. I understand Green is a huge weakness and that effects others around him but he doesn’t account for all of their individual performances decreasing that drastically.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’ll have to disagree with Dak handling pressure well, I think that’s one of his biggest weaknesses. I think he gets flustered too easily in the pocket and his first instinct is to run before making his reads.

You are entitled to your opinion.

For me, most times he uses his legs its either a first down, TD by the goal line, or gets out of the pocket and makes a play. Now you want to gripe about reading defenses? I think any young QB improves upon that. Dak is one of those that needs to.

What you probably dont like is that he is more inclined to make the more conservative decision then the fancy Romo play. To me, this is a strength, not a weakness.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So are the rest of the guys over rated? We can’t blame everything on coaching. An O lineman doesn’t go from being a pro bowler to average during the same season because one guy is out. I understand Green is a huge weakness and that effects others around him but he doesn’t account for all of their individual performances decreasing that drastically.

Just think about it.........Cooper and Chaz Green were on the QB's blind side protecting the left side of the line. That whole side was collapsing on nearly every play. I also think that Collins is overrated in people eyes. He is good, but hes not a pro bowl type. Not yet anyway.

Now its a rookie in Williams and Looney up the middle? Not sure I like that one. We will have to see. You never know how bads its going to be until it actually happens. A lot depends on coaching as we have seen.

Is it next man up stupidity, or are they already adjusting for the drop off in protection and running lanes?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Everything is a transition. Think of Dak is somewhat like Russel Wilson. He drove the bus in the beginning and now he is carrying the team. The key, is to get a complete team or close to at the same time. Now it appears the defense might be coming together, but the Oline is fading. Jerry and co just arent good enough to put it all together.
Common you can't really be comparing Wilson to Dak?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
LOL......we lose a pro bowl center and its not big deal, but 5 drives in preseason of shutout ball against the worst offense in the NFL and were a top 5 defense right? Too funny.

For me, this was never a SB contending team to begin with so Im not jumping off a ledge.
This I agree with and the same way I felt even prior to Fred's news.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Common you can't really be comparing Wilson to Dak?

Absolutely. Wilson was carried by his team in the beginning and over the years has now matured and is actually carrying his team. By all accounts Dak has been better than Wilson was his first few years. If Dak had one of the best defenses of all time to go along with a great run game like Wilson had he might have won a SB either of those first two years.

I love Wilson and I actually dont think Dak will get quite to that level, but thats fine.

Both QB's are great using thier legs and are dual threats. Very very comparable.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What you probably dont like is that he is more inclined to make the more conservative decision then the fancy Romo play. To me, this is a strength, not a weakness.

I loved Romo, but I have to agree in part - Romo tried too hard sometimes to make a play himself, and it cost the team some games, such as the Commanders end of season game where he tried to complete a pass with somebody hanging all over him. It worked more often than not, but the times it didn't were playoff or end of season games, and those matter more.

But that's past, Tony's gone, Dak's "style" isn't going to be the reason the team doesn't win SBs, etc., will be a combination of things...

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Absolutely. Wilson was carried by his team in the beginning and over the years has now matured and is actually carrying his team. By all accounts Dak has been better than Wilson was his first few years. If Dak had one of the best defenses of all time to go along with a great run game like Wilson had he might have won a SB either of those first two years.

I love Wilson and I actually dont think Dak will get quite to that level, but thats fine.

Both QB's are great using thier legs and are dual threats. Very very comparable.
I understand what your saying just don't agree with the comparison other than both having exceptional rookie campaigns. Wilson was never talked about by former players and peers as being nothing more than a bus driver in his first few years the way Dak routinely is. They both benefited from great runs games but Russ did take his team to the SB his second year and win. For me they have a similar game but Dak isn't going to lead the league in TDs he lacks Wilson's arm and accuracy. Wilson hasn't had near the receiving core Dak had his first two years. Baldwin and Graham the past two years but Graham isn't Witten and spent more time in the trainers office than the field. Yeah similar I will give you that but just can't see Dak taking it to the next level. Two more weeks and we will see.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I loved Romo, but I have to agree in part - Romo tried too hard sometimes to make a play himself, and it cost the team some games, such as the Commanders end of season game where he tried to complete a pass with somebody hanging all over him. It worked more often than not, but the times it didn't were playoff or end of season games, and those matter more.

But that's past, Tony's gone, Dak's "style" isn't going to be the reason the team doesn't win SBs, etc., will be a combination of things...

Its also the type of team we have. Its a running offense, a running football team. YOu need a smart guy, leading, driving the bus, handing it off and making the right plays. You dont want 3rd and long you want 3rd and short. And Dak can pick up the first down with his legs. Love that.

Now if the oline sucked, we had no run game and the defense was bad then give me Romo 10 out 10 times. If you give me more of a complete team, I want Dak. Just my preference.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I understand what your saying just don't agree with the comparison other than both having exceptional rookie campaigns. Wilson was never talked about by former players and peers as being nothing more than a bus driver in his first few years the way Dak routinely is. They both benefited from great runs games but Russ did take his team to the SB his second year and win. For me they have a similar game but Dak isn't going to lead the league in TDs he lacks Wilson's arm and accuracy. Wilson hasn't had near the receiving core Dak had his first two years. Baldwin and Graham the past two years but Graham isn't Witten and spent more time in the trainers office than the field. Yeah similar I will give you that but just can't see Dak taking it to the next level. Two more weeks and we will see.

I think I said just that. I dont see Dak ever getting to the level of Wilson. But I am not comparing Dak in his 2nd and 3rd year to Wilson now in his prime. In 3 more years we can look at that. I think Wilson is better with both his arm and his legs then Dak is or will ever be.

To me, Wilson is about as good as it gets. Talk about missing the window? Those guys missed the window.

I also dont think Dak has EVER had good receivers here. Certainly never a good scheme. I would take Baldwin and Graham a few years back over Witten and Dez the last few years. No problem at all.

I have never been a big Dez fan.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa....it’s been said Zeke could do just as well behind any O line. I’ve heard it here at least 100 times. While I strongly disagree with that, we still have a much better O lone than the majority of every other NFL team. There’s still no reason Zeke can’t run well and for Dak to be jnder constant pressure. You act like every other one of our lineman is some scrub. Look at the Giants O line, I would take anyone on this O line over any of their minus possibly their 2nd round pick. We’ll be ok and that’s about the most positive thing I’ve said about this years team. Our O line won’t be as good but it will still be much better than most.
How about some examples or are you just talking out your ***?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Come on now! Are we just going to give up like that? Yes, it's bad luck that we lost Frederick for a while, but it was bad luck when we lost Lee in 2014 as well. Did that stop this team from winning the division? No! It did not! I hope the players aren't going to surrender, because I bloody well won't! I've been through worse with this team now, and I'm not about to give up on this season. If the season ends up being dreadful for us, so be it, but I want our players to fight all 16 games if that's the way it's going to be!
You're seeing examples of cowards who in battle for the first time and bullets coming down range turn and run. Quitters quit. This is what fragging is for.

jay94

Reaction score
It's not really bad luck, its more or less going and will happen to every team. We make excuses, teams like the Packers win the Super Bowl with most guys on IR in league history. If this holds us down were simply not good enough. There is already multiple teams without starters for the year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You got it, no SB till we get a better coach and are able to deal with the cap in a way where we can add an impact FA to spots of need . Just impossible to fill every spot through the draft but we can sure have some real good football to watch till we get outcoached in the playoffs LOL .
Well Garretts the coach so poor little baby is going to be depressed for awhile. Is that what you're after? Pity?