There's only 2 correct answers at QB

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No, they decided to go the cheaper route for a few more years.
They will need to pay Purdy soon.

The narrative he is a bust is being pushed by Dak fans. None of us knows what he can do yet, in MM”s system.
LOL. Lance can't even beat Rush out for the backup job.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. Lance can't even beat Rush out for the backup job.
That was not what he was brought in for. Not at that time of the year. There was no competition. We will see in TC.

As I said, the narrative of being concerned he will take over for Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That was not what he was brought in for. Not at that time of the year. There was no competition. We will see in TC.

As I said, the narrative of being concerned he will take over for Dak.
LOL...You've lost it, JC. There is no concern when it comes to Lance.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I did not say he was. I was asking if they fear he would be.
I just want to see Lance in some PS games to see how he does. Then form an opinion from there.
And if he looks great, no, I do not say he should start over Dak at that point. However, if Dak does not have a new deal, then at least we know there is hope at QB after Dak is gone. IF he is gone. I think they reach an agreement to extend him.

And I do think Lance will be the back up over Rush this season.
He has to be the back up over Rush or GM Jeruh will look incompetent.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Niners had multiple 7th round conditional pick offers. Jeruh's offer was actually late in the process.
So, do you know how many teams knew he was up for trade?
Did Jerry not snatch him up as soon as they called him?

If the answer to these questions is "no", then why would you say it's "not even close to being accurate"?

Chasing6

Reaction score

If the answer to these questions is "no", then why would you say it's "not even close to being accurate"?
It is not hard to research how many trade offers were being discussed.

It is not hard to find that Shanahan was pleasantly surprised by the offer and they were laughing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
“Well we decided our two (quarterbacks) that we were going with,” Shanahan said. “We’ll see how our 53 (man roster) works out to see if we’re gonna keep three (quarterbacks) or not. We told Trey, when we told him that he wasn’t the two, I said we’d like to keep him here as the three, but we also wanna do what’s good for him too and we’ll see how this plays out. We looked into other teams and he told us that he would like another opportunity to go somewhere where he had a chance to be the two. We thought we got some good deals for him. There’s a number of teams involved. To end up getting the fourth was a little better than we’d anticipated, and clears up a lot of money and allows a better situation for him too.”

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL...You've lost it, JC. There is no concern when it comes to Lance.
I just asked that question. I did not say it was true. Though it sure seems like it.

It is not any different to think that just as the Dak fans call Trey trash before seeing him play in Dallas.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

So you don't know.

Before you say someone's post is "not even close to being accurate", you should probably know what is accurate.

Since what I posted was, "...we don't know how many teams knew they were trading Lance", and we (including you) didn't and still don't know, that part seems pretty accurate.

And the second part, "Jerry snatched him up as soon as they called him." is not even debatable.

morat1959

Reaction score
They have no confidence in Dak, he chokes in big spots. Trey Lance is a top 5 pick for a reason (better feet and arm) but raw.
I like the youth movement...I'm drafting a QB 1st round and letting him battle it out with Trey Lance.
Dak is gone, I'm saving 25M in cap this year, eating the rest next year. I'm converting the defense into #1 with the money
You are my nominee for GM.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So you don't know.

Before you say someone's post is "not even close to being accurate", you should probably know what is accurate.

Since what I posted was, "...we don't know how many teams knew they were trading Lance", and we (including you) didn't and still don't know, that part seems pretty accurate.

And the second part, "Jerry snatched him up as soon as they called him." is not even debatable.
Not even close to being accurate.

Why you would think the Niners were having a secret trade for Trance without the opportunity of it going to the highest bidder is ridiculous. Of course the entire league new he was available to be traded.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No matter what, Dak is costing the team $36 million in dead money in 2025. We might as well get the benefit of his services, so I say extend him. That frees up money for free agency this season so we can fill some holes on this roster. Go get Gilly and Hankins.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not even close to being accurate.

Why you would think the Niners were having a secret trade for Trance without the opportunity of it going to the highest bidder is ridiculous. Of course the entire league new he was available to be traded.
Well, since Jerry didn't call them first, one would assume it wasn't widely known that Lance was available, because he would have jumped at the opportunity, as evidenced by the fact that he did so, once he got the call.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He has to be the back up over Rush or GM Jeruh will look incompetent.
Well yeah, in year two. But when you come in at the end of August whilst we have Rush, who knows the offense and despite limitations, can help to a 4-1 record, its understandable that he learns the offense....if Dak had gone down, they would have accelerated his development as the League worked Rush out.