There's only 2 correct answers at QB

Chasing6

Reaction score
Really, so what really happened?
GM Jeruh panicked and over paid for a player, that he will have to resign before they ever play a snap for the Cowboys.

All you have to do is look how excited and surprised Shanahan was to to get the offer from GM Jeruh.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There’s no way Jerry is going to give up on Lance when he hasn’t even hit the field yet in a Cowboys uni, not even in a preaseason game.

And again, no way anyone would give up a 4th or higher for him now with his last action still being as a 49er, especially with him becoming a FA after this season and his contract situation.
You're absolutely wrong. Right now is the perfect time to trade for Lance if you're another team. Lance only costs $5 million this year, plus could be extended for less than the expected $22 million 2025 5th year option cap hit. There is no way the Cowboys can afford to pay any backup QB $22 million to sit on the bench, and there is 100% no way the Cowboys get rid of their super costly All Pro QB in Dak just to keep an unproven backup QB for $22+ million in 2025 which Lance and his agent will definitely demand more if he's to be given a chance to stay and start (even if unproven). You're willing to take that gamble and lose? You would lose the whole team, especially Micah, CeeDee, Zack and D-Law. They are here to win right now. This is why it's best to trade Lance right now while you can to a team who is in rebuilding mode and looking for young but cheap talent (even if unproven).

Chasing6

Reaction score
You're absolutely wrong. Right now is the perfect time to trade for Lance if you're another team. Lance only costs $5 million this year, plus could be extended for less than the expected $22 million 2025 5th year option cap hit. There is no way the Cowboys can afford to pay any backup QB $22 million to sit on the bench, and there is 100% no way the Cowboys get rid of their super costly All Pro QB in Dak just to keep an unproven backup QB for $22+ million in 2025 which Lance and his agent will definitely demand more if he's to be given a chance to stay and start (even if unproven). You're willing to take that gamble and lose? You would lose the whole team, especially Micah, CeeDee, Zack and D-Law. They are here to win right now. This is why it's best to trade Lance right now while you can to a team who is in rebuilding mode and looking for young but cheap talent (even if unproven).
I think we missed the window to trade him with Denver.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
GM Jeruh panicked and over paid for a player, that he will have to resign before they ever play a snap for the Cowboys.

All you have to do is look how excited and surprised Shanahan was to to get the offer from GM Jeruh.
And how does that contradict what I said? That just adds your opinion to my statement.

MikeT22

Reaction score
If it were up to me we would’ve never traded for him.

But this isn’t about what I would like see happen, it’s about what I think Jerry will do as well as the reality of the situation.

Unless there is a GM out there dumber than Jerry, I really don’t see anyone trying to trade for Lance, let alone offering a 4th or better in the 2024 draft.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak has to be Troy Aikman and Roger Stauback for some of you guys to back him. He is better than Romo and he just entered his quarterback prime. Dak is an elite quarterback he just is not Mahomes.
SF x 3 plus GB says his prime, play-off abilities may not be good enough.

For me, it's build an O-Line (and defense) that'll assist a coach driver on the cheap.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
SF x 3 plus GB says his prime, play-off abilities may not be good enough.

For me, it's build an O-Line (and defense) that'll assist a coach driver on the cheap.
Give the Cowboys a good interior offensive lineman and all purpose running back we will be fine.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am just letting it all play out. If Dak is here, fine, if he is gone, fine. If this is his last year, fine. If they extend his contract, so be it. I may or may not be fine with that.

I find it hilarious though, all the Dak fans hate on Trey, or seems like it.
Is it because they are worried he will actually be better? I believe so.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am just letting it all play out. If Dak is here, fine, if he is gone, fine. If this is his last year, fine. If they extend his contract, so be it. I may or may not be fine with that.

I find it hilarious though, all the Dak fans hate on Trey, or seems like it.
Is it because they are worried he will actually be better? I believe so.
Seriously, you think Lance is a threat to Dak? You've really turned to disliking Dak if you truly believe that. Lance is not even a threat to Cooper Rush.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously, you think Lance is a threat to Dak? You've really turned to disliking Dak if you truly believe that. Lance is not even a threat to Cooper Rush.
I did not say he was. I was asking if they fear he would be.
I just want to see Lance in some PS games to see how he does. Then form an opinion from there.
And if he looks great, no, I do not say he should start over Dak at that point. However, if Dak does not have a new deal, then at least we know there is hope at QB after Dak is gone. IF he is gone. I think they reach an agreement to extend him.

And I do think Lance will be the back up over Rush this season.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Maybe he isn't, but it's crazy to me that people are just shutting the door already on a former #3 overall pick that is yet to see his 24th birthday. Trey Lance is 23 years old still. Dak at 23 years old was a rookie. I wouldn't completely dismiss the kid yet.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I did not say he was. I was asking if they fear he would be.
I just want to see Lance in some PS games to see how he does. Then form an opinion from there.
And if he looks great, no, I do not say he should start over Dak at that point. However, if Dak does not have a new deal, then at least we know there is hope at QB after Dak is gone. IF he is gone. I think they reach an agreement to extend him.

And I do think Lance will be the back up over Rush this season.
Meh. The only reason Lance would be backup this season over Rush is because Jerry is too stubborn to admit he was wrong.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe he isn't, but it's crazy to me that people are just shutting the door already on a former #3 overall pick that is yet to see his 24th birthday. Trey Lance is 23 years old still. Dak at 23 years old was a rookie. I wouldn't completely dismiss the kid yet.
The 49ers did after giving him 2 full years of coaching and playing. They had seen enough to realize they seriously made a huge mistake giving up 3 first rounds picks for this bust of a QB. They even demoted Lance to 4th string! That should tell you everything.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meh. The only reason Lance would be backup this season over Rush is because Jerry is too stubborn to admit he was wrong.
That can be said about other players as well....possibly even Dak after lackluster playoff performances (yes it is a team game and the defense sucked).
Hence no contract extension yet.
No I am not hating on Dak, just stating the obvious.

I still like Dak to a degree, just not as much as I did a few years ago.
I will be right there cheering him on this season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 49ers did after giving him 2 full years of coaching and playing. They had seen enough to realize they seriously made a huge mistake giving up 3 first rounds picks for this bust of a QB. They even demoted Lance to 4th string! That should tell you everything.
There were other circumstances involved with that as well.
Like the looming, $5 million this year, $25 million 5th year option. Where Purdy and the others would be much less.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The 49ers also had another QB on the roster they were fully committed to. It makes perfect sense to move Lance in that situation and avoid the QB controversy the second Purdy had a bad game. He may have been 4th string on the depth chart, but he was also 1st on the depth chart going into 2022, losing his position due to injury. We can make these foolish narratives all day, but none of it really matters. Lance may end up being total garbage his entire career, I truly don't know, but neither do you. There will be guys drafted in the 1st round the same age as Lance this year, and several QBs teams will draft to develop that are older than Lance. Plenty of QBs have failed at first and taken time to develop.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There were other circumstances involved with that as well.
Like the looming, $5 million this year, $25 million 5th year option. Where Purdy and the others would be much less.
The 49ers would have easily paid $5 million for 2024 and $22 million for 2025 if after 2 years they saw and felt Lance had what it takes to be their starting franchise QB. Instead, they realized how much of a bust Lance is, they quickly demoted him to 4th string and started looking for trade partners in order to get rid of the huge mistake they had made and cost themselves.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 49ers would have easily paid $5 million for 2024 and $22 million for 2025 if after 2 years they saw and felt Lance had what it takes to be their starting franchise QB. Instead, they realized how much of a bust Lance is, they quickly demoted him to 4th string and started looking for trade partners in order to get rid of the huge mistake they had made and cost themselves.
No, they decided to go the cheaper route for a few more years.
They will need to pay Purdy soon.

The narrative he is a bust is being pushed by Dak fans. None of us knows what he can do yet, in MM”s system.