+12.2

Detroit Lions Defense
RankTeam2023Last 3Last 1HomeAway2022
22Detroit22.926.026.021.424.425.1

Detroit Lions Offense
RankTeam2023Last 3Last 1HomeAway2022
6Detroit27.232.731.030.024.426.6

+4.3
Thank you for these comparable team stats, @CCBoy ! Those proves what I've been saying lately. If the Cowboys overall show up, no team can beat them. Period.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is the real question on productions that is lingering...

FRISCO, Texas — Even with the continued offensive success over the course of the last four-to-five games, one continued issue arises each week: the running game.

The passing game has been just fine since the bye week, as Dak Prescott has arguably stacked together his best stretch of games of his career. The early questions about the Texas Coast passing game have been erased: consistent production, integration of multiple weapons, preventing turnovers.

But with Tony Pollard entering week 12 with less rushing yards per game, less yards per rush and less receiving yards per game than when he was the complimentary back in 2022, questions and concern still shine bright within the running game.

When Mike McCarthy has been asked about the lack of production, he's insisted more volume being the solution for Pollard. However, the numbers don't reflect that.
  • Week 6: 15 carries for 30 yards
  • Week 8: 12 carries for 53 yards
  • Week 9: 12 carries for 51 yards
  • Week 10: 15 carries for 55 yards
  • Week 11: 12 carries for 61 yards
Another early conversation point was the fact that the five starting offensive linemen hadn't had consistent time together. However, now that chemistry is starting to flow up front — and it's showing in the pass game with back-to-back games without a sack allowed — the production in the run game remains the same. Tony Pollard is a capable starting running back. I fully believe that. I also believe that this Texas Coast system can help him succeed. The protection sets and the variance and creativity that's been implemented in recent weeks — such as integrating Hunter Luepke as a lead blocker, getting Pollard out in space and trying different things such as the Wildcat — will help to pave lanes for Pollard. On top of that, Rico Dowdle has begun to step up as a capable and violent runner that is a different presence than Pollard out of the backfield. More Dowdle carries allows for even more variance and volume.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/nick-at-nite-is-the-running-game-close
Good stuff, @CCBoy . The issue with the running attack is the Oline's run blocking. They have struggled to get a push during runs. They get stalled many times at the line of scrimmage. There is time for they to improve. Stay low, fire out and drive like you're pissed as Hell and don't stop until the whistle blows. Also, some influx of Luepke at FB so he can lead block while Dak is under Center would help the running game even more. It would also set up some nice play-action passing plays as well.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
At some point it has to happen right? 3 straight playoff appearances hasn't happened since the the 90s so on a better trajectory than the prior couple decades. No doubt we've improved as an organization, just have to mentally break through the divisional ceiling.

I think as long as they don't beat themselves and can start stronger on the road they have as good of a chance as any NFC team. Certainly having home field advantage would help too :).
We are looking at 3 road games.

That’s tough to do.

The odds are less than 1 percent.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Good stuff, @CCBoy . The issue with the running attack is the Oline's run blocking. They have struggled to get a push during runs. They get stalled many times at the line of scrimmage. There is time for they to improve. Stay low, fire out and drive like you're pissed as Hell and don't stop until the whistle blows. Also, some influx of Luepke at FB so he can lead block while Dak is under Center would help the running game even more. It would also set up some nice play-action passing plays as well.
Dude…our RBs are scrubs.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If we have to go on the road in January,we're screwed...we better win the division to have any chance,all of our losses this year has been on the road and the one that screwed us was that friggin loss to the Cardinals.
Yes.

Home teams dominate in the playoffs.

Like 75 percent win rate.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dude…our RBs are scrubs.
Our RBs are serviceable but can run better of this Oline opens up some holes for them. Both Pollard and Dowdle have very good speed and can pick up yards in between the Tackles if given a crease to run through. It all comes down to our Oline. FACT.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You're really panicking, aren't you? Stretching some facts as well. The Cowboys rushed for over 100 yards overall, plus 5-6 passes were dropped which would have put Dak over 250 passing yards. The team took the day off, yet it still clobbered the Panthers: 33 - 10. Cowboys are fine and will show up to play against tougher teams.
LOL..... You think I'm stretching the truth?????? My friend you better take a hard look in the mirror because if you think adding a few yards from Prescot scrambling and a few yards from a gimmick play into the overall rushing total just to get the Boys over a 100 yds is your idea of a good running attack then good for you.....LOL!!!!! The Cowboys are not fine and if you think beating mud ducks in the league and losing against top teams is your idea of the Cowboys being "FINE" then you need to locate your nearest church and pray to the man up above for them, because this team doesn't have the heart and are too undiscipline when they face teams like the 9ers or Eagles............LOL!!!!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL..... You think I'm stretching the truth?????? My friend you better take a hard look in the mirror because if you think adding a few yards from Prescot scrambling and a few yards from a gimmick play into the overall rushing total just to get the Boys over a 100 yds is your idea of a good running attack then good for you.....LOL!!!!! The Cowboys are not fine and if you think beating mud ducks in the league and losing against top teams is your idea of the Cowboys being "FINE" then you need to locate your nearest church and pray to the man up above for them, because this team doesn't have the heart and are too undiscipline when they face teams like the 9ers or Eagles............LOL!!!!!
You forget how good and unstoppable this Cowboys team can be when they show up to play. Here is a reminder.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Thank you for these comparable team stats, @CCBoy ! Those proves what I've been saying lately. If the Cowboys overall show up, no team can beat them. Period.
If the 49ers also bring their A game can they beat Dallas? Can a team that is8-0 in their last 8 games where they were down double digits and set an all time NFL record of going 13-0 against winning teams and have a QB that's 25-2 over his last 27 season games beat Dallas's A game?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If the 49ers also bring their A game can they beat Dallas? Can a team that is8-0 in their last 8 games where they were down double digits and set an all time NFL record of going 13-0 against winning teams and have a QB that's 25-2 over his last 27 season games beat Dallas's A game?
Why don't you go follow and worship that team? You mean to brag for a 49ers team who has been fully healthy when they have beaten a badly injured and talent depleted Cowboys team? We all saw how bad that 49ers team can be when it is missing some starters.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s funny how these blowout wins over bad teams cause some fans to get carried away. As soon as we beat up the Panthers one fan here started pounding his chest talking about how bad we’ll beat up San Francisco if we meet them again. Lol After two blowout wins in a row against bad teams the Cowboys are all of a sudden better than San Francisco and Philly according to many on this board. It’s almost like they just started following football.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yes.

Home teams dominate in the playoffs.

Like 75 percent win rate.
Yep. This isn't MLB or NHL where so many series are coin tosses and home field isn't as necessary. NFL and NBA, the home teams (higher seeds) usually win out. Sure, there are going to be some outliers that happen. Steelers won 3 road games as a wild card to win a ring in 2005. Giants in 2007. Packers in 2010. It can happen but it's not likely. You want as many home games in the playoffs. And Dallas is much better at home than on the road this season.

Fmart322

Reaction score
That doesn't mean squat. Like I said, if you want to worship them, go for it. Better yet, go follow them. Cowboys Nation will not miss you.

I stand firm in my assessment. If the Cowboys show up to play, no team can beat them. Period.
Again, right now we're the 4th best team in the NFC. Be glad we're not doing the entire NFL instead because we'd be tied for 6th along with 5 other teams.
No matter how much you try to believe we're better then teams with better records and teams that beat us, sadly your wrong.
Tell you what, let's see your power rankings so we can see where the NFL stacks up in your mind.
Being objective doesn't mean I'm worshiping them. Lol. It's called Being real and not delusional.
Why would I follow another team if I'm a Cowboys fan? Because you don't think I'm being as big a Homer as you? Lol.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You forget how good and unstoppable this Cowboys team can be when they show up to play. Here is a reminder.

Until the Boys start racking up victories against the stud teams in the league, they shouldn't even be considered on the same level as the 9ers or Eagles. Had the Cowboys been going up against the Chiefs, they would have found a way to lose that game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Until the Boys start racking up victories against the stud teams in the league, they shouldn't even be considered on the same level as the 9ers or Eagles. Had the Cowboys been going up against the Chiefs, they would have found a way to lose that game.
Then why watch them if you truly don't believe in this Cowboys team? If it's that bad, pretty sure there are better things to do than spread doom and gloom.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
I really believe the Cowboys will run the table. Dak is emerging as a POY candidate and is commanding respect. One game at a time though. First the Commodes tomorrow.

Staubacher

Reaction score
These Cowboys are perennially friend zoned. Hanging around but not going all the way.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is like any other season. The outcome is always the same and I expect nothing different this season. We’re overhyping based on the pummelizatiion of mediocre teams again.
Crap in one's own dug hole...