These Cowboys might go all the way

bigE79

Reaction score
Another win. At this point who can stop us? This team is starting to remind me of all those great teams in the past and I don’t think we have peaked yet!! At this point we have to be favorites to make the NFCCG!!! Enjoy the ride fellas!!
If we have to go on the road in January,we're screwed...we better win the division to have any chance,all of our losses this year has been on the road and the one that screwed us was that friggin loss to the Cardinals.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We just beat a one win team. Who can stop us? How about San Francisco and Philly? Hate to inform you but the Cowboys have yet to beat a team with a winning record. Even today’s game against the worst team in the league was a challenge for 3 quarters until we broke the game open. There’s still a long way to go before I would be talking about the Cowboys going all the way. We’ll see how we all feel about their chances after the next 5 games.
Yep, like they say, that's why you play the games.

Saying the Cowboys are a good team, a great team, an average team or whatever is just talk, depends on what you want, is it a SB win, SB appearance, more than one playoff win or just being competitive in every game?

You can be happy or sad a variety of ways depending on how the season goes....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That makes no sense in regards to what we're talking about.
I'm all in on the Cowboys, I have been for close to 50 years now.
I'm also smart enough to see that there are other teams better then us at this point of the season.
Knowing that doesn't make me less of a fan.
I don't see other teams as being better than us. That's the difference. I strongly feel no team can beat us if as a team our Cowboys show up to play. So when I hear you and others putting other teams on a pedestal, it truly irks me.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Another win. At this point who can stop us? This team is starting to remind me of all those great teams in the past and I don’t think we have peaked yet!! At this point we have to be favorites to make the NFCCG!!! Enjoy the ride fellas!!
All the way where ?
:muttley:

Fmart322

Reaction score
I don't see other teams as being better than us. That's the difference. I strongly feel no team can beat us if as a team our Cowboys show up to play. So when I hear you and others putting other teams on a pedestal, it truly irks me.
I'm not putting teams on a pedestal. I'm calling it like it is.
We're 7-3, 0-2 vs winning teams and lost to Arizona. We had a chance to beat Philly and choked it away right at the end like we usually do in big games vs the best teams. How do you not see that?
Current NFC Standings
1- Philly @ 9-1 (we lost to them/9-0 in the conference)
2- Detroit @ 8-2 (5-1 in the conference)
3 - SF @ 7-3 (we lost to them/ 5-1 in the conference)
4 - Cowboys @ 7-3 (4-3 in the conference. 2 losses to SF and Philly)

After all of that you've proclaiming that the Cowboys could go all the way after beating NY and the panthers. Teams that are 4-17 combined.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
in 2 months, we will again be saying what if, if only, etc. Almost time to look at draft

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Another win. At this point who can stop us?
The 49ers, the Eagles, or the Lions are all NFC teams that are excellent and might end up stopping us in the playoffs. Are they guaranteed to beat us? Of course not. In the NFL those kind of things aren't guaranteed. This team will need to play its best football to beat those guys in the playoffs, if we indeed go to the playoffs, which looks likely.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Big deal the Boys beat another mud duck, they were held to 17 points for 3 quarters against a 1- 8 team! Prescot threw for less than 200 yds and our running backs combined couldn't break a 100 yds. These types of numbers aren't going to beat the 9ers , Eagles or the Detroit's in this league. Until this club can step up and beat the elite teams it's going to be one and done or maybe two and done in the playoffs...........

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
For this team to go all the way, Jerry is gonna have to buy them all SB tickets to Vegas.

Dakota

Reaction score
Well there is some great news to share on the power rankings front. I was able to find one power ranking where we break into the top 5! CBS has us at 3! At least someone out there is taking note of our recent dominance. Most have us hovering around 7. And now some bad news, I couldnt find any this week that didn't have philly at #1. The previous week I was able to find 2 that had them at #2. I am hoping after this week's game we crack the top 5 across the board. I am looking forward to another dominating win. The commies just lost to the giants. What a joke.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not putting teams on a pedestal. I'm calling it like it is.
We're 7-3, 0-2 vs winning teams and lost to Arizona. We had a chance to beat Philly and choked it away right at the end like we usually do in big games vs the best teams. How do you not see that?
Current NFC Standings
1- Philly @ 9-1 (we lost to them/9-0 in the conference)
2- Detroit @ 8-2 (5-1 in the conference)
3 - SF @ 7-3 (we lost to them/ 5-1 in the conference)
4 - Cowboys @ 7-3 (4-3 in the conference. 2 losses to SF and Philly)

After all of that you've proclaiming that the Cowboys could go all the way after beating NY and the panthers. Teams that are 4-17 combined.
That doesn't mean squat. Like I said, if you want to worship them, go for it. Better yet, go follow them. Cowboys Nation will not miss you.

I stand firm in my assessment. If the Cowboys show up to play, no team can beat them. Period.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Big deal the Boys beat another mud duck, they were held to 17 points for 3 quarters against a 1- 8 team! Prescot threw for less than 200 yds and our running backs combined couldn't break a 100 yds. These types of numbers aren't going to beat the 9ers , Eagles or the Detroit's in this league. Until this club can step up and beat the elite teams it's going to be one and done or maybe two and done in the playoffs...........
You're really panicking, aren't you? Stretching some facts as well. The Cowboys rushed for over 100 yards overall, plus 5-6 passes were dropped which would have put Dak over 250 passing yards. The team took the day off, yet it still clobbered the Panthers: 33 - 10. Cowboys are fine and will show up to play against tougher teams.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Defense
RankTeam2023Last 3Last 1HomeAway2022
5Dallas17.518.310.012.520.819.7

Dallas Offense
2Dallas30.235.033.040.023.726.8

+12.7

Philadelphia Defense
16Philadelphia21.223.717.024.818.819.8

Philadelphia Offense
5Philadelphia27.329.021.031.824.329.1

+6.1

San Francisco Defense
1San Francisco15.716.014.016.614.817.2

San Francisco Defense
3San Francisco27.926.027.030.225.625.9

+12.2

Detroit Lions Defense
22Detroit22.926.026.021.424.425.1

Detroit Lions Offense
6Detroit27.232.731.030.024.426.6

+4.3

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is the real question on productions that is lingering...

FRISCO, Texas — Even with the continued offensive success over the course of the last four-to-five games, one continued issue arises each week: the running game.

The passing game has been just fine since the bye week, as Dak Prescott has arguably stacked together his best stretch of games of his career. The early questions about the Texas Coast passing game have been erased: consistent production, integration of multiple weapons, preventing turnovers.

But with Tony Pollard entering week 12 with less rushing yards per game, less yards per rush and less receiving yards per game than when he was the complimentary back in 2022, questions and concern still shine bright within the running game.

When Mike McCarthy has been asked about the lack of production, he's insisted more volume being the solution for Pollard. However, the numbers don't reflect that.
  • Week 6: 15 carries for 30 yards
  • Week 8: 12 carries for 53 yards
  • Week 9: 12 carries for 51 yards
  • Week 10: 15 carries for 55 yards
  • Week 11: 12 carries for 61 yards
Another early conversation point was the fact that the five starting offensive linemen hadn't had consistent time together. However, now that chemistry is starting to flow up front — and it's showing in the pass game with back-to-back games without a sack allowed — the production in the run game remains the same. Tony Pollard is a capable starting running back. I fully believe that. I also believe that this Texas Coast system can help him succeed. The protection sets and the variance and creativity that's been implemented in recent weeks — such as integrating Hunter Luepke as a lead blocker, getting Pollard out in space and trying different things such as the Wildcat — will help to pave lanes for Pollard. On top of that, Rico Dowdle has begun to step up as a capable and violent runner that is a different presence than Pollard out of the backfield. More Dowdle carries allows for even more variance and volume.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/nick-at-nite-is-the-running-game-close