These Cowboys might go all the way

Kingofholland

Reaction score
At some point it has to happen right? 3 straight playoff appearances hasn't happened since the the 90s so on a better trajectory than the prior couple decades. No doubt we've improved as an organization, just have to mentally break through the divisional ceiling.

I think as long as they don't beat themselves and can start stronger on the road they have as good of a chance as any NFC team. Certainly having home field advantage would help too :).

rambo2

Reaction score
No, we had a chance to be but we failed miserably against them. The 49ers are better right now.
We're currently the 4th best team in the NFC.
I hope they improve though.
Only 2 teams have a better record than Dallas in the NFC. That's the Eagles and the Lions. The Cowboys get to play both of those teams. Also, the Eagles and the 49ers play each other. One of them will get a loss there.

rambo2

Reaction score
We just beat a one win team. Who can stop us? How about San Francisco and Philly? Hate to inform you but the Cowboys have yet to beat a team with a winning record. Even today’s game against the worst team in the league was a challenge for 3 quarters until we broke the game open. There’s still a long way to go before I would be talking about the Cowboys going all the way. We’ll see how we all feel about their chances after the next 5 games.
A challenge? The Cowboys had the widest margin of victory this week in the entire league.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Another win. At this point who can stop us? This team is starting to remind me of all those great teams in the past and I don’t think we have peaked yet!! At this point we have to be favorites to make the NFCCG!!! Enjoy the ride fellas!!
Whoa, whoa, tap the brakes their big guy!
Let's beat some winning teams before making SB reservations.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We just beat a one win team. Who can stop us? How about San Francisco and Philly? Hate to inform you but the Cowboys have yet to beat a team with a winning record. Even today’s game against the worst team in the league was a challenge for 3 quarters until we broke the game open. There’s still a long way to go before I would be talking about the Cowboys going all the way. We’ll see how we all feel about their chances after the next 5 games.
True words!!!!

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Another win. At this point who can stop us? This team is starting to remind me of all those great teams in the past and I don’t think we have peaked yet!! At this point we have to be favorites to make the NFCCG!!! Enjoy the ride fellas!!
We beat a one win team today. Let’s beat Philly in a few weeks and maybe I’ll think we can do something in the post season.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
Ummmmm, they don't get to play the Gnats or Cats any more this season. Just saying. They don't get to play the Jets, Bolts, or Rams again either.

You see the trend here, right?
I see a trend of winning that will continue. There's no dominant team this year in either conference. As much as Dak and the offense are discussed ultimately what will get the Cowboys to the NFCCG and or the SB is their defense.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
There are a handful of really good teams in the NFL. Philly, Dallas, SF, KC and maybe Baltimore. I would be surprised if the SB winner came from outside of that group. OTOH, its relatively even and winners are going to be decided by inches. Its almost random. I hope that things break Dallas' way. I would bet against it but its certainly possible. Should be a fun ride though.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you read my post? It was a challenge for 3 quarters against the worst team in the NFL. It was only a one score game late in the third quarter.
Some times games like that happen. It is why they play the games.

I believe the first half MM was doing more experiments than an actual game plan.

Then decide to get serious in the 2nd half.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
A challenge? The Cowboys had the widest margin of victory this week in the entire league.
But it wasn't wide enough. It should have been wider. Not one attempted 2 point conversion in a blowout win? Shameful!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah we took the lead and never trailed, won by 23, 7 sacks, pick 6, a fumble recovery, no turnovers on offense, 6 plays of 15+ yards, only 5 penalties, and Dak sat out half the final quarter.

Jipper

Reaction score
The biggest reason we might go that way was shared by JJ in the pregame - break the curse

rambo2

Reaction score
Watching this team struggle to put up 17 points in 3 quarters vs the worst team in football doesn't give me playoff hope. If the boys couldn't run vs Carolina how do you think they do vs good teams?
See Pollard td run.