"They are fools gold"-Heath Evans

plymkr

Reaction score
We can beat any team that makes the playoffs. That said, we could also lose to any team that makes the playoffs.

I agree and that makes us the scariest team in the playoffs. What team would want to play against us. If I was a packers' fan or Seattle fan I would not want to play us. We win on the road, we're physical and our qb is healthy and playing at his best. That's a scary combination

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
What did he say that is true? That the Cowboys cannot beat most teams in the playoffs? And, in your initial post you never mentioned "his opinion"....you just said it was not "un true" (nice grammar) that the Cowboys cannot beat most teams in the playoffs.

So, if you think what he said is not "un true", which teams do you think the Cowboys cannot beat who are going to be in the playoffs?

of course it's his opinion as was mine, I responded "nothing he said was "un true"( untrue, not true, incorrect, false etc, all proper grammar)..., as the playoffs haven't started yet to prove his statement one way or the other as FACT....if the Cowboys lose in the first round or subsequent playoff rounds, his statement is then TRUE... but.you could say that about any of the playoff teams......you mentioned the cowboys just beat a playoff team, what team was that, Philly....they aren't a playoff team since the playoffs haven't started yet!!!

saying we could not beat most teams that will make the post season[/

read and comprehend what was originally stated!!

Do I think(opinion) the Cowboys could beat Green bay, nope .....Seattle especially in Seattle again, nope....New England, Nope, Denver, Nope....doesn't mean they can't beat them either.. And I think(opinion) Any team travelling to Seattle or New England in the playoffs will have a very very low chance of winning, history has shown that........why I like Seattle and New England in the Superbowl....Just don't like Dallas Defense in the playoffs, they certainly are having a great year, beyond everyone's expectations, but defense wins championships, Seattle proved that once again last year, number one defense shut down number one offense in Superbowl....

etw926

Reaction score
Do I think(opinion) the Cowboys could beat Green bay, nope .....Seattle especially in Seattle again, nope....New England, Nope, Denver, Nope....doesn't mean they can't beat them either.. And I think(opinion) Any team travelling to Seattle or New England in the playoffs will have a very very low chance of winning, history has shown that........why I like Seattle and New England in the Superbowl....Just don't like Dallas Defense in the playoffs, they certainly are having a great year, beyond everyone's expectations, but defense wins championships, Seattle proved that once again last year, number one defense shut down number one offense in Superbowl....

Maybe you should stand up when you think next time.

slick325

Reaction score
So basically, The Quest for Six only sees Dallas not beating four teams out of the playoff teams. So Arizona, Detroit, the NFC South winner, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Indy are all beatable for Dallas. That looks to me like Heath Evans is incorrect in his opinion. Dallas can actually beat the majority of the teams in the 2014 playoffs.

Beating GB, Seattle, New England and Denver is doable as well.

Just my opinion.

Proximo

Reaction score
you mentioned the cowboys just beat a playoff team, what team was that, Philly....they aren't a playoff team since the playoffs haven't started yet!!!

I think he was referring to the Colts bro, since they've already secured a playoff spot.

And for the record, the statement in question isn't going to be proven true or false regardless of what happens. Even the team that wins the Superbowl will have faced a maximum of only 4 (of the 12) teams that made the post season. So to say that any team could've, or would've, or should've beat MOST playoff teams is an unprovable statement. It's simply an opinion. Not true, not false, not right, not wrong.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
This is what happens when a team wins one playoff game in the past 17 years.

Totally expected. I dont believe accurate but totally expected. This team has to go out and change that perception. Heath Evans opinion isnt going to win or lose any games for us so I really could care less.

TX_Yid

Reaction score

Yes the #1 Defense shut down the #1 Offense. BUT, and it's a big but. Denver was absolutely one dimensional last year. It was all about Manning and his receivers which played right into Seattle's defense. I don't think Seattle can shut us down, the Dallas Offense can get going in a ton of different ways and has an Offensive line that wears you down at the end of the game.

Not saying that our shortcomings can't be exposed or that we are guaranteed to win, but I think our team and it's makeup give us the chance to hang with every single team in the playoffs.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Why is it always the guys with the absolute worst grammar, sentence structure, and infatuation with capitalized words and exclamation points that tell others they can't read?

That's funny to me.

Heath is also a blowhard.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
I like Evans. He has chosen Dallas quite a few times in bigger games and we have let him down. Me specifically, I couldn't make some open field tackles, etc. Sorry Heath.

I understand why you underestimate us.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion. Today I was driving listening to sports radio and a football analyst on. The interviewer asked if he thinks anyone could beat the Seahawks. The analyst replied the only team that matches up well against them is the Cowboys and they beat them at their place. It would be difficult to do it again but they could do it because they have all the ingredients of doing so. He reported that if he was the Seahawks, he would not want to play us.

BigD5

Reaction score
the response I expect from a child..

You're a clown dude. If you don't believe then beat it. We are playing just as good if not better than any team in the NFL right now. You sound like those idiots on tv who have no clue what they are talking about. Everybody jumping on Seattle cause they beat Arizona with a 4th string Qb and with their backup Qb, Sanchez's eagles, and one read Kaperneck twice.

All the while discrediting Dallas' run of crushing the best young Qb in all football in Andrew Luck, squashing a divisional foe, obliterating the Bears, besting a division rival who's star WR had his breakout game and dominating a game, albeit was the jags, in London which can be tricky

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't know what amuses me more: Commentators dissing a team obviously headed to the playoff (and this after destroying three teams by posting 38 or more points) or Cowboys fans who get butthurt over the comments of people merely making predictions.

StylisticS

Reaction score
So basically, The Quest for Six only sees Dallas not beating four teams out of the playoff teams. So Arizona, Detroit, the NFC South winner, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Indy are all beatable for Dallas. That looks to me like Heath Evans is incorrect in his opinion. Dallas can actually beat the majority of the teams in the 2014 playoffs.

Beating GB, Seattle, New England and Denver is doable as well.

Just my opinion.

Do not be shocked by his posts. He is the most negative person against the Cowboys on this board.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think any opinion, good or bad, is fair regarding the Cowboys. We can beat anyone, but we can lose to anyone as well. We have a suspect and vulnerable defense. If our offense performs at a high level, we can score with anyone, but ultimately, we probably go as our defense goes.