They cannot make the Lamb mistake again

Gameover

Reaction score
Getting rid of Mike Nolan will have a greater impact on the D than anybody the Cowboys could have selected at 17!

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Lamb was the best pick they could have made.

A passing offense is priority #1 in the NFL and whatever a team chooses to make #2 is way, way behind that.
LOL
Justin Jefferson just broke Randy Moss’ rookie receiving record for a season.
Lamb wasn’t even the best WR at that point in the draft and DAL shouldn’t have even been drafting a WR. LOL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who would you have taken who could have been as equal of an impact
Chaisson sure hasn’t been so far
Lamb was the right move
Passing a much more talented player to fill a need is why much of the top 10 teams picking each year remain the same for years
Why does impact matter? The team did nothing this year. That should not be a factor. I’d take diggs over lamb in a redraft.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Yes, it was a mistake because it was all for flash and splash while bobbing around on the ocean, it was a pick for applause. It was all luxury for a team deep in needs.

The case some make is the value of Lamb at 17. Was he not a value at 16, 15, 14, 13? Why did those GM's pass on him? Because they're GM's with their jobs on the line to improve the team, not take a bow for a draft pick.

Another case is what D player was worth that pick? Chaisson? The answer is any D player that could help the worst D in the league and worst in Cowboys history. He didn't have to be a world beater, just a player they could count on to be 1 of the 11.

1 of 11. How many do they have now? If they'd used that on a D player, might they be closer than they are now? And what if he doesn't work out? Then they'd know and keep going back to the well.

I saw all of the celebrating here when they took Lamb and few asking why was he available? Partly because most GM's were trying to fill needs and partly because they didn't have him at 6th on their board.

He was the Cowboys first pick and led them in drops and was 2nd in the league in drops but his fans here will make excuses for him. And WR is the most plentiful position in the league.

This draft should be the easiest for the Cowboys, if they go D as they should have last year. Their needs are plenty and the only position they don't need with that first pick is DE.

The Lamb pick was a mistake and I had 0 doubt about that then or now. However, my greatest doubt about this team remains the same, they're just not good at talent evaluation and compound that by doubling down on some of their selections because they look at it from an ego standpoint. If it is mine, it must be good.

Lamb? No thank you, give me the beef!

Cowboys haven't been good at the draft since Jerry literally took over and Jimmy was pushed out.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if we pick Pitts, I will not watch an Cowboys games next year. I will email and send a letter to Jerry as well.....
He is an enticing pick but with all of the media pointing fingers at the D, they will go D. Under this GM's watch, this team just had the worst D in their history and that is going to be echoing until April.

conner01

Reaction score
Chaisson didn't really do anything this year - doesn't mean he's a bust already, JAX is horrible, but I don't see any world where we should be rueing the pick.

I would take Lamb over Jefferson and that's not an indictment on Jefferson, but Lamb behind a competent line and QB is going to be a Pro Bowl player too.
Too early to judge Chaison but one thing that’s a proven fact
Lamb had more impact this year than he did

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It came down to two players.

Cee Dee Lamb - who really was not the guy they targeted as they did not think he would fall to them.

K'Lavon Chaisson - This was the person they were going to take until Lamb fell to our spot.

Lamb was MUCH higher graded on their board.

If they took Chaisson they would have picked for need and a lesser player.

They made the right decision.

Sometimes in the past they have fixated on a player they thought would fall to them and felt was a need...Trysten Hill is a good example.

conner01

Reaction score
Why does impact matter? The team did nothing this year. That should not be a factor. I’d take diggs over lamb in a redraft.
So you’d take a player at 17 that we got later in the draft?
Really?
In a redraft you take a player that you know was available later
So if you could go back in time and buy a lottery ticket you would still pick the wrong numbers lol

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I'm not the GM some on this site are, but I am having a hard time figuring out how K'Lavon Chaisson's one sack on the year would have made the Dallas defense so much better that we should have passed on CeeDee Lamb.

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL
Justin Jefferson just broke Randy Moss’ rookie receiving record for a season.
Lamb wasn’t even the best WR at that point in the draft and DAL shouldn’t have even been drafting a WR. LOL.
wrong scenario first off JJ had his QB, RB and OL most of the season and was the main target as Diggs left..way easier to put up better numbers and Dallas had 4 qbs, a 3rd string ol and when lamb was our third target more often then not because we distribute the ball all over..so dont try and compare the two when they didnt have the same situations..

blueblood70

Reaction score
He is an enticing pick but with all of the media pointing fingers at the D, they will go D. Under this GM's watch, this team just had the worst D in their history and that is going to be echoing until April.
whos Pitts?

conner01

Reaction score
It came down to two players.

Cee Dee Lamb - who really was not the guy they targeted as they did not think he would fall to them.

K'Lavon Chaisson - This was the person they were going to take until Lamb fell to our spot.

Lamb was MUCH higher graded on their board.

If they took Chaisson they would have picked for need and a lesser player.

They made the right decision.

Sometimes in the past they have fixated on a player they thought would fall to them and felt was a need...Trysten Hill is a good example.
I think you are right
Chaisson would have probably been the pick had lamb not fell
And we won’t know for a few years who is the better player but we do know which was the better player this year, and it ain’t close

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The mediocrity circus continues in Dallas. Cue the hype for next season, got to bamboozle people to continue following the Dallas Jerry’s. Want to bet they announce a new cap bating deal for Dak around the Super Bowl?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys haven't been good at the draft since Jerry literally took over and Jimmy was pushed out.
I wouldn't call then good but they have improved and you'll get the statmeisters trying to make a case that the Cowboys are a great drafting team but they are not. The only stat we need is the W-L.

The problem with some is that they judge these players against others on this team and the fact they can start for the Cowboys means little. To top this off, they make the wrong calls on which players to extend and let walk too much. Hitchens is a better LB than anyone they have and Byron Jones was their best DB, by far.

All comes back to the same issue whether it's FA or the draft, evaluation of talent and value estimation.

Reaction score
Lamb was not a mistake.
He needs to be more consistent catching the ball and spend some time in the weight room, but he is going to be a really good player.
No regrets taking Lamb at all

blueblood70

Reaction score
really no good draft picks LMAO the draft the last 5-6 years have been GREAT, mostly offense but that will change..

A PB OL, QB, and a WR group that will make some jealous, plus zeke/Pollard and lastly add Shultz and Jarwin,..thats some nice drafting not by Jimmy./.. insane kneejerk baseless replies

if you said havent had many good defensive players come out of the draft, sure..