"They want to play me all over like Micah Parsons" Iowa State EDGE Will McDonald IV on Dallas Cowboys 30 visit l

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Not trying to be negative but why would we need McDonald ( who's a Parsons clon ) when we already have Parsons AND Sam Williams?

BTW....If this kid is this good (Parsons-like potential ), there's no way in hell he makes to 26. Can you imagine teams wanting to get their hands on a player like Parsons?
They're trying to inflate him so their player falls.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why is everyone in love with this chump?

McDonald is 6'4" but only weighs 239 lbs! He is already slow (4.70 40 time) for an edge rusher compared to Micah Parsons (4.39 40 time) and Sam Williams (4.46 40 time), and that's because they both weigh more (245 & 260) than McDonald. McDonald will only get slower as he's forced to gain weight and bulk up, so that 4.70 time will only get worse (4.80+). Why is anyone in love with this guy, especially with our super costly1st or 2nd round picks? Does anyone do their research anymore? Y'all need to stop getting influenced by the sports media.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

McDonald is 6'4" but only weighs 239 lbs! He is already slow (4.70 40 time) for an edge rusher compared to Micah Parsons (4.39 40 time) and Sam Williams (4.46 40 time), and that's because they both weigh more (245 & 260) than McDonald. McDonald will only get slower as he's forced to gain weight and bulk up, so that 4.70 time will only get worse (4.80+). Why is anyone in love with this guy, especially with our super costly1st or 2nd round picks? Does anyone do their research anymore? Y'all need to stop getting influenced by the sports media.
The “bend”. Best at turning the corner in the draft. Played in a funky defense at Iowa St. Quinn probably sees a cleaner Gregory with this kid. 34 1/2 career sacks.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Ya know what would have happened if we had McDonald against the 49ers? We would have still lost.

Now what about Gibbs? He may have changed that outcome.
I am a Dak Stan and even I know why we lost to San Francisco. I wish we could blame it on the pass rush. :facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The “bend”. Best at turning the corner in the draft. Played in a funky defense at Iowa St. Quinn probably sees a cleaner Gregory with this kid. 34 1/2 career sacks.
I hope Quinn is not given a choice with our 1st round pick. We already have Micah, Sam, D-Law, Fowler Jr and Armstrong as edge rushers. Edge rusher is not a position of need at the time. RB, DT and WR are.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I hope Quinn is not given a choice with our 1st round pick. We already have Micah, Sam, D-Law, Fowler Jr and Armstrong as edge rushers. Edge rusher is not a position of need at the time. RB, DT and WR are.
Actually the Cowboys pass rush is based off of Micah and scheme. Sam still has tons of questions off the field, D-Law is not a great pass rusher and Fowler/Armstrong are JAGs. Looking at the draft mocks the Cowboys should take Miles Murphy, Clemson Defensive end. 21 years old and a true Defensive End with speed and size.

cnuball21

Reaction score

This is an “interesting” analysis.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Actually the Cowboys pass rush is based off of Micah and scheme. Sam still has tons of questions off the field, D-Law is not a great pass rusher and Fowler/Armstrong are JAGs. Looking at the draft mocks the Cowboys should take Miles Murphy, Clemson Defensive end. 21 years old and a true Defensive End with speed and size.
Edge DE Myles Murphy is going in the top 10. He's way better than this slow later round Edge rusher in McDonald. DE is NOT A NEED at this moment. RB, WR and DT are. It's not that difficult to understand.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Edge DE Myles Murphy is going in the top 10. He's way better than this slow later round Edge rusher in McDonald. DE is NOT A NEED at this moment. RB, WR and DT are. It's not that difficult to understand.
To be honest I think the Cowboys are going offensive heavy in the draft even if the tight ends are not there. We lost to San Francisco because of lack of weapons. I think Gibbs, Johnston, and Musgrave could be the pick at 26.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
To be honest I think the Cowboys are going offensive heavy in the draft even if the tight ends are not there. We lost to San Francisco because of lack of weapons. I think Gibbs, Johnston, and Musgrave could be the pick at 26.
Yes, bro. Totally agree.

Croomraider

Reaction score
I finally watched his video, crazy speed which I love. Long arms, super physical.
Gonna have to win with speed over bullrush power.
2nd in all of college football on pass rush win rate, that's really good.
I'd love the McDonald pick at 26.

Carson

Reaction score
I finally watched his video, crazy speed which I love. Long arms, super physical.
My only gripe with McDonald is this team continues with pass rushers. Tank, Armstrong, Williams, Fowler, Micah etc. But is garbage up the middle. Wouldn’t a half way decent group of DTs keep the QB from being able to step up in the pocket? I just don’t understand that

cnuball21

Reaction score
Welcome aboard the hype train!