"They want to play me all over like Micah Parsons" Iowa State EDGE Will McDonald IV on Dallas Cowboys 30 visit l

cnuball21

Reaction score
IMO, in coming seasons Williams will be the strong side DE, and McDonald would the the weak side DE. Parsons will move around and rotate in when they want to use him.

Lawrence will be moving on soon, and Williams is plenty strong enough to play that spot. McDonald is on a whole different level than Armstrong or anyone else that would play on the weak side.

In the meantime, McDonald would work into the rotation and you’d be able to mix and match with DLaw, McD, Williams, Micah, Armstrong and Fowler.

McD would be one hell of a pick.

And yeah… he might be gone before 26.
Nailed it…

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m with you. Unless someone unexpectedly slides like Nolan Smith or someone, those are two that are starting to come into focus for me.
You know how I feel about RBs in the 1st…

How would you stack McDonald, Forbes and Gibbs?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
You know how I feel about RBs in the 1st…

How would you stack McDonald, Forbes and Gibbs?
Yeeesh… that’s tough.

Yeah, I know how you feel about RB. It is one of the few places where you and I differ on a draft subject.

You know how I feel about Forbes. I think he can be great. But, I’ve always loved edge players, and McD will be good IMO.

And I do think Gibbs would make a huge impact on the offense.

They’re pretty close to even for me but if you made me order them, I guess I’d put them like:

Forbes
McDonald
Gibbs

But they are close. I’d be thrilled with any of them.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Agreed. I feel you can pencil it down as to 1 of 4 guys

Gibbs
Mayer
McDonald
Avila
Replace Avila with Kincaid and we’d be the same.

I don’t hate Avila, I just think there will be better players there. But if they decide that, then I do think he’d be a good player.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeeesh… that’s tough.

Yeah, I know how you feel about RB. It is one of the few places where you and I differ on a draft subject.

You know how I feel about Forbes. I think he can be great. But, I’ve always loved edge players, and McD will be good IMO.

And I do think Gibbs would make a huge impact on the offense.

They’re pretty close to even for me but if you made me order them, I guess I’d put them like:

Forbes
McDonald
Gibbs

But they are close. I’d be thrilled with any of them.
Yea I have a tough time with McDonald vs Forbes. I’d lean pass rusher.

McDonald
Forbes
Gibbs

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yea I have a tough time with McDonald vs Forbes. I’d lean pass rusher.

McDonald
Forbes
Gibbs
Yeah, they’re close.

I eventually decided on Forbes because he has so many un-coachable traits. If he gets to Dallas, learns the techniques and adds a little weight… he can really be a special player.

His instincts for the position and his ball hawking ability are rare.

But I really do love McDonald too.

It’ll probably be Gibbs anyway.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I probably should add Kincaid to my list.

Mayer will be good, I think, but the others have a chance to be special. I don’t dislike him… I’d just rather have the others.
I have Kincaid higher, but I am a fan of Mayer. Think he is just one of those good football players who will do what it takes fir the team to win in Sunday’s.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
I’m most interested in what Mike Nolan thinks of McDonald. This Dan Quinn guy has nothing on him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Ya know what would have happened if we had McDonald against the 49ers? We would have still lost.

Now what about Gibbs? He may have changed that outcome.
You agree with me on this...Unless you plan on going defense 1,2, aand 3.