Things That Got Ruined For You

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Coffee. When did this country become such weak wimpy coffee drinkers? I’m having a serious frustrating time getting a good solid cup of Joe. I don’t think that many people know what real coffee tastes like. Example...my Credit Union has best coffee...and then you go someplace and pay for what amounts to colored hot water. Folgers Classic and retraining needs to be bright back in a big way.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Star Wars. They've taken what was once the greatest part of my youth and turned it into Disney rides and crappy child actors. Can you only imagine how Luke would have beat down this Rey chick in a street fight? You know he'd mind choke her out in a blink.

National Parks. I grew up backpacking, rafting, and camping all over the western U.S. mainly in national parks. Now that I'm in my forties and taking my own son to do these activities in the same parks I grew up in they suck! The restrictions, rules, signs, and excessive law enforcement have ruined our national parks system. National Parks are now designated for drive up photography, tour buses, and bicyclers. I expect Disney to buy Yellowstone any day now. Stick to national forests if you want to enjoy nature.

Taco Bell. A run for the border was a treat back in the day. An Enchirito, a Nachos Bellgrande, and cinnamon twists used to be part of a balanced diet. Now it's only what you eat when your hammered, need gas, gotta pee, and the Subway next to it in the convenience store is closed to mop the floors.

Switchblades. Just not as scary as they used to be. They're dead to me now.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
When I was a kid, my favorite ride at Six Flags was The Missile Chasers. However, in 1984 I injured my back. Now a ride like that gives me too much pain to enjoy. Stinking back pain. Bye, Missile Chasers.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Mint
Any type of mint. I was probably 13 and for whatever reason, being the youngest of the group of 13-20 year olds. I got stuck with a spearmint schnapps once the beer was gone. Needless to say, I drank too much and puked spearmint. Now, I won't touch anything mint. Even my toothpaste is cinnamon and my mouthwash is citrus. Bleep anything mint!!!
KEGL The Eagle Radio Station
It was before I moved to the NYC area back in 2005, it might have been late 90s. I can't recall when it happen, but every 3rd song was a Rush song. I couldn't take it anymore and will never listen to KEGL again. Bleep KEGL
The band Rush
It was before I moved to the NYC area back in 2005, it might have been late 90s. I can't recall when it happen, but every 3rd song was a Rush song. I can't listen to them anymore and will never listen to the again. Bleep Rush​

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
When I was a kid, my favorite ride at Six Flags was The Missile Chasers. However, in 1984 I injured my back. Now a ride like that gives me too much pain to enjoy. Stinking back pain. Bye, Missile Chasers.

Based on this link, Missile Chaser was gone by 1977. I went Googling for it because I don't recall Missile Chaser and I wanted to see what it looked like to see if I would remember it. Still didn't see a pic, but said it was basically a Scrambler type ride. It was one of Six Flags' original rides I believe.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mint
Any type of mint. I was probably 13 and for whatever reason, being the youngest of the group of 13-20 year olds. I got stuck with a spearmint schnapps once the beer was gone. Needless to say, I drank too much and puked spearmint. Now, I won't touch anything mint. Even my toothpaste is cinnamon and my mouthwash is citrus. Bleep anything mint!!!
KEGL The Eagle Radio Station
It was before I moved to the NYC area back in 2005, it might have been late 90s. I can't recall when it happen, but every 3rd song was a Rush song. I couldn't take it anymore and will never listen to KEGL again. Bleep KEGL
The band Rush
It was before I moved to the NYC area back in 2005, it might have been late 90s. I can't recall when it happen, but every 3rd song was a Rush song. I can't listen to them anymore and will never listen to the again. Bleep Rush​
Hate Rush, always have.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This one took a little thought. Haven't had much in my life that's been ruined.

My VHS tape of the Cowboys 52-17 Superbowl victory over the Buffalo Bills. When I was a kid I had a VCR in my room and I has all three Superbowls on tape.

So I dug the VCR out one weekend when the wife nieces came to visit. (5 years ago) You know to take me away from the kids. Got called into work 15 minutes into the video. A day later I tried to watch that tape and saw nothing but static. The kids had accidentally recorded over it. Trust me when I say I was not pleased. I just kept telling myself: It's on the internet now. It's on the internet now.

But I've kept that VCR 24 years just for those 3 tapes. So my childhood holdover was ruined. Stinking kids.