Things that make you think

cowboyec

Reaction score
on a hike...nothing scares me more than the possibility of a Bigfoot with rabbies.:thumbdown:

kskboys

Reaction score
Is there some sort of purpose to life or is it something that just happens?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Either to live according to God’s plan or because a couple of atoms decided to bump uglies and BANG!, here we are. You pick.
But even if you subscribe to the "God's Plan" idea, there's still the whole "free will" aspect, which would seem to negate the possibility that there's a meaning to your life....unless you believe you're here to entertain Him.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But we are! Based on latest version of string theory (M-theory to be precise) There are a total of eleven dimensions. Ten spatial dimensions, and one time dimension. Four of them are unfurled (x, y, z, & time) while the other seven are curled up in shapes described as Calabi–Yau manifolds! So, we exist in those several curled up dimensions too, but because they are so tightly curled up, we are unable to perceive them!
I have a MS in engineering and took more than my fair share of mathematics. Despite this, when I clicked the link to Calabi-Yau manifolds, this is what I read: "blah, blah, blu, blah-blah-blah".

Not poking fun at you. Rather, I am simply stating that I have limited capacity to grasp a multi-dimensional universe. And, if such a universe exist, can we not transport my ex-wife to one of the seven curled-up shapes?

:muttley: