Win 1 Super Bowl

Since Jerry Jones has purchased the team the Cowboys have:

Won their division 11 times.

Gone to the playoffs 15 times

Played in four conference championships

Won three NFC championships

Played in three Super Bowls

Won 3 championships.

They still have two more seasons to complete the 32 years averages.

I am not a big Jerry Jones fan. However, in all fairness, it cannot he said that his tenure as owner was unsuccessful. On the contrary, the Cowboys have been one of the more successful franchises during that period.

With that said, fans typically have the attitude expressed by a Janet Jackson song.....

“What have you done for me lately?”

These next two seasons close a window, not for the Cowboys, but, I suspect, for Jerry himself. This is why I believe these next two seasons are very special to him. I don’t know how this specifically translates to contracts and acquiring more talent but don’t rule out some very imaginative opportunities.

He has had NO success since Jimmy left. Talk all you want about the first 5 years with Jimmy. He has been dog meat after that.

Number1

Reaction score
I am not a big Jerry Jones fan. However, in all fairness, it cannot he said that his tenure as owner was unsuccessful. On the contrary, the Cowboys have been one of the more successful franchises during that period.

yeah, true, all true

the thing is - this is Dallas

JJ has pulled at least one wild move a year - under current circumstances he might amp it

Valkyr

Reaction score
We're not the Browns or the Lions...thank god, I was worried there for a minute.

giphy.gif

Hardline

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys’ last SB, they’ve won 8 division titles, 4 playoff games, been to the playoffs 10 times and won 57% of their games.

In that same time, the Lions and Browns have combined for 0 division titles, 0 playoff wins, 5 playoff appearances and won 36% of their games.

You can let yourself out
The Super Bowl is the bar with this franchise.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Forbes ranking is the bar these days.

Important but hollow if you’re a football fan

It's actually kind of cool that we are the most popular and valuable franchise. I don't mind it.

I get what you are saying though, Fan Boys act as if this is as good as winning a championship.

The main issue is some act as it's an either/or situation. Like we can't win Super Bowls since we're so busy being a financial juggernaut.

You can do both. Well, we should be able to do both.

morat1959

Reaction score
Jerry had a great 6 year run when he bought the team. It has been nothing but mediocre since then.

But typical Dallas fans with the 5 Rings mentality. They are content with being mediocre as they just to past success for comfort. Meanwhile, since our last Super Bowl, every single team in the NFC has made the conference championship game except Detroit and Washington. Heck the Cardinals have even made the Super Bowl for crying out loud.

The rule of thumb in sports is you get a 5 year grace period after winning a title. Dallas won 3. That would be 15 years. It has been 24 or 25 years now since we even last went past the divisional round. That grace period ended a long time ago.

Quit trying to smear lipstick on the pig Jerry has turned the Cowboys into over the last 2 decades plus.

But he loves fans who will defend him at every turn and spin it to his favor.
You nailed it!

CWR

Reaction score
Jerry had a great 6 year run when he bought the team. It has been nothing but mediocre since then.

But typical Dallas fans with the 5 Rings mentality. They are content with being mediocre as they just to past success for comfort. Meanwhile, since our last Super Bowl, every single team in the NFC has made the conference championship game except Detroit and Washington. Heck the Cardinals have even made the Super Bowl for crying out loud.

The rule of thumb in sports is you get a 5 year grace period after winning a title. Dallas won 3. That would be 15 years. It has been 24 or 25 years now since we even last went past the divisional round. That grace period ended a long time ago.

Quit trying to smear lipstick on the pig Jerry has turned the Cowboys into over the last 2 decades plus.

But he loves fans who will defend him at every turn and spin it to his favor.

I can only imagine where we'd be if we all had your commitment to excellence.

No real fan is content with anything less than a superbowl, but that doesn't mean we cant enjoy the ride.

We've got a good young team now. Im happy with were at, and hopeful for more.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I absolutely forgot it was the 30th anniversary. How could I forget. Now what are his stats after Jimmy Johnson? We should do this again in 7 more years with the 30th anniversary of that 1995 team.
yeah that is what I was thinking, subtract the jimmy years and not much left. Even the other SB year was with jimmys team, so after that it was all jerry and his boy.
And they have not done much, the did awful for awhile, and had to hire an aging parcells to jumpstart things, got lucky with romo, and then came the
Garrett era lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No real fan is content with anything less than a superbowl
I think it is the opposite, real fans want a competitive team and to make the playoffs, and that is plenty of fun.
I really dont care about the SB it is over rated hype machine.
However it would be nice to get to a SB once ever 10 years.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It’s not fuzzy math, it is factual data. However, you are correct that the success was “frontloaded” when Jimmy was the coach.

With that said, I was looking at the entire body of work for the time period 1989 to present. The success of the 90’s have definitely been diluted by recent results but the same could be said of the first six Landry seasons and the last three Landry seasons, all losing seasons wrapped around a 20 year winning streak.

For decades, two of the worst teams were the Steelers and Patriots. For decades it was the Browns that led the NFL first in winning percentage.

Man you are on a roll. Landry was coaching a start up franchise. That is entirely different. I will end it with this, since you seem to be a kool aid drinker, Dallas was one of the great franchises in sports. The last 20 plus years they have a playoff record akin to Miami, Buffalo, Cleveland, and Oakland. That is a fact.