This coaching staff can not get another year

Little Jr

Reaction score
It’s starting to dawn on even the most stubborn of you. Of course, you won’t admit it out loud, but you’re all thinking it.

Now we see what bad coaching actually looks like, and it’s painfully obvious what that looks like.
Lol JG lost qb 1 and starting wr and goes 4-11. He loses a LT and the offense goes to ****. He would be 1-11 with this team and not even close to competitive. Your JG love is quite disturbing.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
With the team that McCarthy was handed this year, does Garrett get more than 4 or 5 wins? I say yes. But it also puts us in a bad draft position.
Somehow Garrett won in Seattle doing something he wasn’t able to do here. Beat a better team on the road with your backup QB. Almost like.... his first game as HC here at NYG.

This is a near replica of the 2015 season. Is Andy Dalton better than Weeden/Moore/Cassell? Yes. But the OL was better in 2015 than it is at this moment. The weapons on outside are better.

The defense is about a push but a conservative 4-3 contain scheme Marinelli ran would have prevented 2 games of 300 yards on the ground.

The Colts and Rams gashed this team in 2018 but not to this extent.

No one is going to say Garrett was Bill Walsh. He’s a solid coach that unless the whole world falls apart like it did this year and 2015 will keep you at least around 500 and some years in position for a run. So yes it was time for a change. We all acknowledge that. But I don’t think any coach would be doing well with this personnel.

Little Jr

Reaction score
The Cowboys started their 8th different OL combo and their 50th overall combination of players they had to put in their lineup because of injuries. Thats not including losing QB 1. Losing QB 2 for 2 games. Playing a rooking 7th round draft pick at QB for one game and a PS QB from another team in another game. Im not sure what people expect. Play calling changes with all this. EVERY THING changes with all of this. If anyone can name a HC that has dealt with what McCarthy has dealt with and actually won, please, let me know.

If anyone wants the defensive staff to go, I get it. Effort and missing assignments have been bad and thats on coaching. Ill defend them a bit and say I dont think we have very good players on that side of the ball, but effort and them just looking lost isnt a good look for Nolan.

If before the season started we could some how know ALL this would happen, would we really think we would have more wins than 3 at this point? Im not sure Id even have us at 3 wins.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Look at the last doofus they let run the ship for a decade. Those two fools have too much pride to admit they were wrong and cut their losses after a year.

Mike McCarthy was a lazy hire.....Seriously....who else did we interview? I'm not sure we even fulfilled the Rooney rule...unless we interviewed Richard....then promptly fired him after the year.

If McCarthy was really "the guy"....just to be sure...Jerry should have conducted multiple interviews. Instead....Jerry has a sleepover. How stupid does this look now?

About on par w/ a runaway weekend @ Vegas....and you end up married to an ugly stripper. :rolleyes:

ghst187

Reaction score
Of saying our roster is championship caliber but it’s at least playoff caliber for the last ten years with nothing to show for it...

Havic

Reaction score
Garrett got 10 years, we can give MM 3 years total to turn it around.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy was a lazy hire.....Seriously....who else did we interview? I'm not sure we even fulfilled the Rooney rule...unless we interviewed Richard....then promptly fired him after the year.

If McCarthy was really "the guy"....just to be sure...Jerry should have conducted multiple interviews. Instead....Jerry has a sleepover. How stupid does this look now?

About on par w/ a runaway weekend @ Vegas....and you end up married to an ugly stripper. :rolleyes:
Marvin Lewis was out minority interview.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Lol JG lost qb 1 and starting wr and goes 4-11. He loses a LT and the offense goes to ****. He would be 1-11 with this team and not even close to competitive. Your JG love is quite disturbing.
4-12

Swagger

Reaction score
Yep.

Status quo incoming.. They believe in their plan lol.

We’ll get healthy and return to our 8-8 / 9-7 glory..

Heck we might even go to a wildcard and win it and reward all of our players with fat contracts.
You have to laugh I mean what sums up the coaching is the kickers. Garrett/Jerry should have kept Bailey. Then they bring in that scrub who missed a load of kicks within 40 yards. Garrettt finally addressed it by bringing in Forbath who was 10/10 perfect only for Big Mike to insist on bringing in Greg the Leg who missed three tonight!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well....this is interesting.....Something to sleep on Jerry. :popcorn:

In his last 40 games, McCarthy is 14-25-1.

Has the NFL figured old Mike out?

Swagger

Reaction score
Well....this is interesting.....Something to sleep on Jerry. :popcorn:

In his last 40 games, McCarthy is 14-25-1.

Has the NFL figured old Mike out?
And what is Aaron Rodgers over the past two seasons without him!?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
So Jerry and Stephen can hire the next wrong coach?

They wouldn’t know where to find a young, hungry, innovative, energetic coach.

I think they know where to find him....the problem is that coach has no interest in them. And is also smart enough to stay away from this dumpster fire of a team.

Prossman

Reaction score
this year is frustraiting but we simply dont have the talent on the field to win. They keep fighting which is a good sign. We are fighting Godzilla with a pointed stick.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no question but what the results this season were a failed attempt to correct the ineptness of our former staff. Whatever the cause, this team's FO aren't likely to restructure the staff until such time as they have proven beyond any doubt that they're inadequate. I wouldn't be too surprised if they're destined to return for another year or more, before they're sent packing. Jerry and Stephen are too egocentric and lazy to do otherwise. They're a sure thing to blame the pandemic for the season at hand.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Shhhh. It’s ok. It’s going to be alright. You can keep fighting it, but it’s going to end the same way.

Nobody is talking about Jason Garrett. It’s only about what bad coaching actually looks like now that you’re getting to see it. You can own it and settle down, or you can disagree and defend what we’re seeing out there. Either way, the result is the same, because no matter what you’re willing to admit, we all can see how poorly this team is coached.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You don't believe injuries and covid haven't messed up the Cowboys?

Seriously?

Exactly how was this coaching staff supposed to put in their system with no offseason, no minicamp, no QB camp, no training camp, and no preseason games? On top of that the Cowboys are in the middle of the historic worse injury filled season in the teams history.
I totally agree big dog, especially with regards to the offense. But I really do wonder about Nolan and the defense, plus I think Jerry hung Kellen Moore like an albatross around McCarthy's neck.

flyinghorse

Reaction score
i do not care about all the injures and covid messing every thing up. not for one second! i am not saying this team should be 9-3 or what ever but the job this coaching staff have done is 100% inexcusible! there is no excuse for so many player on d being lost on every play, mis communication all the time that lead to huge chunk yardage, poor fundamental (tackling, angles, awareness... every thing).

also stupid play calling and very stupid decison making. u just can not blame this on injures or covid im sorry! these are not excuse that work to explain how u get out schemed every single week!

jerry has a belief that he builded a SUPER BOWL roster and even if they were healthy guess what kind of team u meet in the playoff? other big time talent where u actually have to out scheme and out play and out smart the opponent! does this coaching staff ever show they can do that? wake up man! it goes for his boy kellen just as much!

this is very frustrating to watch!

Amen......And these fools are getting paid BIG MONEY for THIS?.....Average person do this bad of a job at work .... they be fired on the first day. How do these coaches do this bad of a job week after week after week....And Still Have A Job!!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't believe injuries and covid haven't messed up the Cowboys?

Seriously?

Exactly how was this coaching staff supposed to put in their system with no offseason, no minicamp, no QB camp, no training camp, and no preseason games? On top of that the Cowboys are in the middle of the historic worse injury filled season in the teams history.

I’d have more sympathy for the argument, but we made the choice to implement a complex defense knowing about the effect COVID was going to have on the defensive installation. We did it anyway. We also blew the VFA defensive additions, badly. And we’re still seeing badly blown coverages still tonight, in week 13. If the issues were just needing time to get things down, we’ve had the time by now.

On offense, we’ve had issues, but one of the problems was a RT not being prepared for camp. We lost the QB on a designed run. We’ve seen at least three significant blown fourth down calls, a couple of them among the worst decisions I’ve seen in years—not the amateurish second guessing we get whenever a 50/50 call doesn’t work out—low-percentage calls on 4th and long deep in our own territory. We have no identity at all, on either side of the ball. It’s terrible to watch. This isn’t 2015, when we just had an awful QB but we’re playing otherwise reasonable football. We’ve got one of the better backup QBs in the league, but the issues are cropping up all over with this team.

I can’t speak for antibody else, but if we trot this same warmed-over mess again next season it’ll be the least excited I’ve been for football since that season Parcells started Vinny Testaverde.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Yep.

Status quo incoming.. They believe in their plan lol.

We’ll get healthy and return to our 8-8 / 9-7 glory..

Heck we might even go to a wildcard and win it and reward all of our players with fat contracts.

We remain proud that we got “our guy” at head coach and still feel good about the “home run” extensions with Zeke Elliott and Jaylon Smith.

That tells us everything we need to know about where we are headed.