This feels like Taco Part II

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And that they have clearly fallen apart is what bothers me so much. Tonight’s pick is confirmation.
Should have been confirmed long before that. Look at the 2017 drafts to now and look at all the players we arent retaining

DanA

Reaction score
Taco was a projection with mediocre speed but traits. Parsons is a super productive player with ridiculous speed both in terms of 3 cone and forty

My3Sons

Reaction score
I think Slater was certainly the better pick.
Slater is a good player. I also would have preferred the Bears offer.
With that said, drafting a top 5 talent while picking up another top 100 player is a win. Also, the Cowboys defense was historically bad last year. Quinn is a step forward, but he needs more talent. Drafting offense in the first would have been a mistake. They had to go defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taco was a projection with mediocre speed but traits. Parsons is a super productive player with ridiculous speed both in terms of 3 cone and forty

Its not intended to be a direct player-for-player comparison, but more along the lines of realizing that it means another too draft pick has busted.

Either pick #34 for Jaylon Smith or pick #19 in 2018 or both have busted. As Taco did in 2017.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Slater is a good player. I also would have preferred the Bears offer.
With that said, drafting a top 5 talent while picking up another top 100 player is a win. Also, the Cowboys defense was historically bad last year. Quinn is a step forward, but he needs more talent. Drafting offense in the first would have been a mistake. They had to go defense.

They didn’t have to do anything. Certainly not after both corners were taken directly ahead of them. And after trading down, all bets were off.

The defense does need fixing, but adding another linebacker that at best puts another huge investment on the bench was certainly not the best use of the resources.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons is the real deal.Taco was a joke from day 1. My concerns with Parsons are off the field issues. We’ve had enough problems in that area.

My3Sons

Reaction score
The defense does need fixing, but adding another linebacker that at best puts another huge investment on the bench was certainly not the best use of the resources.

There are 11 players playing on defense. Three of those are LBers. The Cowboys LBing was terrible last year. Absolutely terrible. Drafting a linebacker that most experts felt was the overall best defensive player in the draft is not a bad use of resources. I am a little surprised you are dying on this hill, but you cant please everybody:starspin:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are 11 players playing on defense. Three of those are LBers.

Tell us EXACTLY how often this team is lining up three linebackers on the field at the same time. It won’t help your attempted case.

The Cowboys LBing was terrible last year. Absolutely terrible. Drafting a linebacker that most experts felt was the overall best defensive player in the draft is not a bad use of resources.

Putting three first round resources and a $5 million contract for a fourth very much IS bad use if resources. Fan goggles be damned.

I am a little surprised you are dying on this hill, but you cant please everybody:starspin:

I’m not the one ‘dying’, that would be the people making one poor decision after another. Wasting resources over and over again.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Can't cover at all...based on what? What stats do you have that knock him on coverage?

by watching him,even he admits he is very raw right now.we could have selected Slater and solidified our Oline.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so based on nothing then.

He can definitely cover. Lol

My3Sons

Reaction score
Tell us EXACTLY how often this team is lining up three linebackers on the field at the same time. It won’t help your attempted case.

Putting three first round resources and a $5 million contract for a fourth very much IS bad use if resources. Fan goggles be damned.

I’m not the one ‘dying’, that would be the people making one poor decision after another. Wasting resources over and over again.

Ok. Do you think the Cowboys LBing is a strength of the defense?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. Do you think the Cowboys LBing is a strength of the defense?

I sure hope do but it hasn’t been lately. My frustration comes from the fact that no matter how good they are this year they can never generate the return on what’s been invested in them.

My3Sons

Reaction score
I sure hope do but it hasn’t been lately. My frustration comes from the fact that no matter how good they are this year they can never generate the return on what’s been invested in them.
Ya, hard to argue, but JJ has littered this team with bad contracts. LB is just one position group of that mess.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
This team can NEVER get the return on investment that they’ve put into linebacker. A recipe for failure.

I feel better about the selection this morning than I did last night. The combination of missing out on the corners and the pick really nailing home how badly off they were with Smith and LVE really had me in a sour mood.