This feels like Taco Part II

cnuball21

Reaction score
If you can see past one pet cat player you’ll get it.

Clearly you’re not that bright.

You're mad bc you didn't get you pick at 12 and we whiffed on Jaylon...is that a reason to never draft a LBr again ever? I'm lost...

I also don't understand the "pet cat" comment. Parsons was thought of as the best defensive player in the draft by many and we're a trainwreck against the run. Not just my "pet cat."

cnuball21

Reaction score
Can't cover at all...based on what? What stats do you have that knock him on coverage?

by watching him,even he admits he is very raw right now.we could have selected Slater and solidified our Oline.[/QUOTE]

OK good...i'f were just going off you watching him than I have zero concerns.

kskboys

Reaction score
You're mad bc you didn't get you pick at 12 and we whiffed on Jaylon...is that a reason to never draft a LBr again ever? I'm lost...

I also don't understand the "pet cat" comment. Parsons was thought of as the best defensive player in the draft by many and we're a trainwreck against the run. Not just my "pet cat."
Parsons is a freak and is a top 5 player. Total steal.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s not about him! It’s about an over investment at the position that the team will never see the rewards from. Let that marinate.
The problem is they drafted a guy that would probably never be more than 80% of what he was, and a guy whose neck was a ticking time bomb. The investments they made before this were very bad ones

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not disagreeing that we've made mistakes at LB in the past. But, this guy is a beast.

Now, the mistake will be if we fail to build the DLine w/ our next 4 picks.

It’s the big picture that has me pissed. And what this pick says about that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is they drafted a guy that would probably never be more than 80% of what he was, and a guy whose neck was a ticking time bomb. The investments they made before this were very bad ones

No argument. That’s being borne out. So as I said, bust after bust after bust. But fans think this team drafts well.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s the big picture that has me pissed. And what this pick says about that.
They were going to have to invest in the position soon anyways. The draft didn't go the way they wanted, but they got a top 5 caliber talent at a position that would be a huge need in 2022. LB is so dire, with both 2020 starters probably playing elsewhere it wouldn't shock me if they take another before the end of the 4th round

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who said “ever again”? No need to attempt a Strawman argument. I just stated a fact that you’ll never get the return on what’s been invested and that’s what bothers me.

There’s clearly an emotional attachment for you. And if you’re worried about the run, pick up better defensive linemen.

cnuball21

Reaction score
No argument. That’s being borne out. So as I said, bust after bust after bust. But fans think this team drafts well.

We've had some whiffs...bet let's celebrate the wins. Last year's draft was a home run and we got a franchise QB in the 4th round a few years ago.

We're off to a good start this year and we have a lot of picks in rounds 2/3.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We've had some whiffs...bet let's celebrate the wins. Last year's draft was a home run and we got a franchise QB in the 4th round a few years ago.

Not for nothing, but we got 4 starters last year. Its not all bad

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were going to have to invest in the position soon anyways. The draft didn't go the way they wanted, but they got a top 5 caliber talent at a position that would be a huge need in 2022. LB is so dire, with both 2020 starters probably playing elsewhere it wouldn't shock me if they take another before the end of the 4th round

I have no problem with taking several linebackers. I just feel that your best draft asset should have been spent elsewhere.

Even this year, tell me how you get Smith, LVE, Parsons, and Neal on the field to justify the cost?

You don’t.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Who said “ever again”? No need to attempt a Strawman argument. I just stated a fact that you’ll never get the return on what’s been invested and that’s what bothers me.

There’s clearly an emotional attachment for you. And if you’re worried about the run, pick up better defensive linemen.

I'm not sure I'm capable of getting emotionally attached to a draft prospect...I want the team to get better and I'm excited we picked someone that I think will help fix a massive weakness. I also would've excited with Slater at 12...another player I'm not emotionally attached to.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’m not going to ignore such huge blunders. I’m not a homer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure I'm capable of getting emotionally attached to a draft prospect...I want the team to get better and I'm excited we picked someone that I think will help fix a massive weakness. I also would've excited with Slater at 12...another player I'm not emotionally attached to.

I think Slater was certainly the better pick.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have no problem with taking several linebackers. I just feel that your best draft asset should have been spent elsewhere.

Even this year, tell me how you get Smith, LVE, Parsons, and Neal on the field to justify the cost?

You don’t.
The draft went sideways for us. All we could have done was move up and be agressive. It would have cost us a 3rd. We got a top 5 talent and another top 100 pick out of a bad situation

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m not going to ignore such huge blunders. I’m not a homer.
I'm on the opposite side of this. I think this is one of the first time we haven't blundered. Now, that's assuming we take advantage of this very deep DLine draft in rounds 2 and 3. If we don't take advantage of that, then this pick was worthless.