This feels like Taco Part II

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The draft went sideways for us. All we could have done was move up and be agressive. It would have cost us a 3rd. We got a top 5 talent and another top 100 pick out of a bad situation

I applaud the trade down when the corners were gone.

Heck, I wish we got the deal the Giants did! But I can’t get behind making another huge investment at linebacker because it means that somewhere we’re wasting resources.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm on the opposite side of this. I think this is one of the first time we haven't blundered. Now, that's assuming we take advantage of this very deep DLine draft in rounds 2 and 3. If we don't take advantage of that, then this pick was worthless.

If they had followed up that trade with Slater, it would have made much more sense to me. And they could have gotten that return that they now can’t.

Too bad we couldn’t get the deal the Giants did.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But I can’t get behind making another huge investment at linebacker because it means that somewhere we’re wasting resources.
I understand that. But its something every team has to do when they whiff on picks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand that. But its something every team has to do when they whiff on picks.

Do they also have to use 1st rounders every time? I don’t think so.

Unless you can name me another team that has invested #34 overall and two additional 1st rounders at linebacker in just 5 years?

If you can, maybe I’d feel better?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they had followed up that trade with Slater, it would have made much more sense to me. And they could have gotten that return that they now can’t.

Too bad we couldn’t get the deal the Giants did.
Drafting Slater also means you aren't getting return on a 2018 #2 and a 2019 #3. So either way you are covering up for draft misses.

Helps explain why were were 14- 18 the last two years. Hopefully with 4 starters already from 2020 and a top 5 talent already in 2021, we are trending in the right direction

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Unless you can name me another team that has invested #34 overall and two additional 1st rounders at linebacker in just 5 years?

You do if you have a top 5 talent available to you at 12.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I understand you’re mad at the Jones clowns for blowing picks on jaylon and LVE.

but Micah is a far better player than both of them.

I believe.

kskboys

Reaction score

PITT: Devin Bush, Bud Dupree, TJ Watt all 1st rounders.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm more than willing to let Parson play speak for itself. I think he is a difference maker for this defense

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I definitely agree about the big pic. However, this one was knocked out of the park.

Now it depends on if we follow it up w/ DLiners, or draft something stupid.
If they are targeting a S in the 2nd, then end of the first went well for us. We probably wont have to us any of those thirds to get your guy. 3rd round should be strong with DTs too

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Drafting Slater also means you aren't getting return on a 2018 #2 and a 2019 #3. So either way you are covering up for draft misses.

Far less than 1st rounders. Neither of whom make big money.

Helps explain why were were 14- 18 the last two years. Hopefully with 4 starters already from 2020 and a top 5 talent already in 2021, we are trending in the right direction

Hope is all we fans have.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand you’re mad at the Jones clowns for blowing picks on jaylon and LVE.

but Micah is a far better player than both of them.

I believe.

I’m glad that you understand where I’m coming from. It’s not about bashing Parsons the player, it’s about poor Cowboys organizational decisions.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Far less than 1st rounders. Neither of whom make big money.

Hope is all we fans have.
Still premium picks where you expect to get quality starters. Our 17, 18, and 19 drafts have all fallen apart. We have to play catch up in alot of places. LB is one of them

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I definitely agree about the big pic. However, this one was knocked out of the park.

Now it depends on if we follow it up w/ DLiners, or draft something stupid.

As long as you can understand the big picture that I’m talking about that has me upset.
:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still premium picks where you expect to get quality starters. Our 17, 18, and 19 drafts have all fallen apart. We have to play catch up in alot of places. LB is one of them

And that they have clearly fallen apart is what bothers me so much. Tonight’s pick is confirmation.