This front office needs to address the 2 RB position

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke is the most important piece on offense (besides Prescott, but it's close). He plays the most physical position in the game and we've been fortunate to have him stay healthy for his first three seasons in the league. However, when he missed time due to the suspension we all saw how this offense looked.

But, we can't put all of our chips on Zeke alone. He needs to have a strong backup, given this is a run first offense and will more than likely remain that way under new OC Kellen Moore.

If Zeke goes down so does the rest of this team. He's basically near the importance level of an average QB and that says a lot about Zeke and his abilities as a runner.

The front office needs to spend either a 2nd, 3rd round pick on a premium running back. At the very least, a trade up in the 4th to grab a quality runner.

I don't want Rod Smith or that other scrub as the #2 back on the roster this coming season.
im sure they are sitting there having their coffee this morning and ran across this forum and go oh MY! I almost forgot we need to address some positions by Sepetmber 1st..they will be sending you a thank you for letting a billion dollar football franchise know not to forget to shop for positions before the season starts..LMAO..

all of you know it all Internet GMs do NOT know more then the Dallas Cowboys FO and Scouts.. they've got it covered..
But your GM Bonus will not go unnoticed you will be paid in Monopoly money as its fitting for what you add to helping the DC get better via an internet post :)):lmao::lmao2::muttley:

now back to rooting for our team and hoping those will the 5billion dollar team will field a good one this year despite our thoughts and feelings.:popcorn:

slick325

Reaction score
I think they'll try to draft a RB in the 5th. Maybe even with the comp 4th. If not, a cheap vet pick up post draft works (see Alfred Morris type pick up).

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke is our workhorse and he isn't going down, so stop trying to jinx us by talking about it. :angry:
I would love to see more balance on this offense. I asked you would like to see the passing game overtake the running game. That would really open things up for Elliott.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would also add TJ Yeldon to this list. I think both Yeldon & Montgomery can do some kick return duties as well.

Flexibility is what the player needs to be. Able to run between the tackles so as to not tip off the D but also able to do a variety of other things to give the offense some options in how your pre snap formations look.

Good call, Yeldon is another nice option.
:thumbup:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Backup running backs are easy to find in this league. I'd rather have a fullback.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
im sure they are sitting there having their coffee this morning and ran across this forum and go oh MY! I almost forgot we need to address some positions by Sepetmber 1st..they will be sending you a thank you for letting a billion dollar football franchise know not to forget to shop for positions before the season starts..LMAO..

all of you know it all Internet GMs do NOT know more then the Dallas Cowboys FO and Scouts.. they've got it covered..
But your GM Bonus will not go unnoticed you will be paid in Monopoly money as its fitting for what you add to helping the DC get better via an internet post :)):lmao::lmao2::muttley:

now back to rooting for our team and hoping those will the 5billion dollar team will field a good one this year despite our thoughts and feelings.:popcorn:

I should be like...Go to jail, go directly to jail. Do not pass Jerry world, do not collect $200.
:lmao2:

But a discussion is good about it, it is the putting down the FO constantly that is comical. Though sometimes warranted.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Shut up you immature, half-literate goof! You're an embarrassment.
:facepalm:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The old forum. Everybody said we needed a defensive tackle. The franchise actually responded. Well don't you think Crawford is solid. Well he's a good run stopper but he's not a guy who's going to give you pressure up the middle make no mistake about it they read what we think. That doesn't mean they take the advice

blueblood70

Reaction score
oh my that so hurts my feelings coming from a total stranger who is a life long pessimist and has nothing but bad things to say about a team he allegedly supports..ie Secret Eagles and Giants knob polisher trolling our beloved Cowboys.. use knee pads brah we wouldn't want you to get bruises..:lmao2::muttley::popcorn::oldcouple:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The old forum. Everybody said we needed a defensive tackle. The franchise actually responded. Well don't you think Crawford is solid. Well he's a good run stopper but he's not a guy who's going to give you pressure up the middle make no mistake about it they read what we think. That doesn't mean they take the advice

Nope. They obviously don't. They've been willfully and happily overpaying Crawford for years.

But what it also doesn't mean is that they're right to do so, and results on the field - or lack thereof - have proven that they're not right.

And no matter what, people have the right to express their opinions here, without some sheep telling them to switch off their brains and accept whatever they get. That's what these places are for - sharing information, ideas, and opinions.

Some people might be fine and dandy taking whatever they get, and accepting over 20 years with no championships. If so, more power to 'em, after all some folks like being liberated from the burden of excessive thinking. But that doesn't mean everybody should. Or that everybody has to agree with everything this team does or like it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
oh my that so hurts my feelings coming from a total stranger who is a life long pessimist and has nothing but bad things to say about a team he allegedly supports..ie Secret Eagles and Giants knob polisher trolling our beloved Cowboys.. use knee pads brah we wouldn't want you to get bruises..:lmao2::muttley::popcorn::oldcouple:

Keep your stupid "advice" to yourself. You check your brain at the door, it's obvious from your horrible grammar that it's not good for much anyway. The rest of us can and will think for ourselves.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nope. They obviously don't. They've been willfully and happily overpaying Crawford for years.

But what it also doesn't mean is that they're right to do so, and results on the field - or lack thereof - have proven that they're not right.

And no matter what, people have the right to express their opinions here, without some sheep telling them to switch off their brains and accept whatever they get. That's what these places are for - sharing information, ideas, and opinions.

Some people might be fine and dandy taking whatever they get, and accepting over 20 years with no championships. If so, more power to 'em, after all some folks like being liberated from the burden of excessive thinking. But that doesn't mean everybody should. Or that everybody has to agree with everything this team does or like it.
I am an individual. I and I alone choose what I like and don't like. I have no problem slamming or giving credit where I feel it's needed. I totally agree. But opinion is just that an opinion some people confuse that with actual fact

Verdict

Reaction score
At that spot there will be seven or eight options that will help the team more overall than any available backup RB would.

I am not going to quarrel with this point, as I get where you are coming from. If Zeke were to go on IR in the first game I somehow do not think that you would feel the same way.

I think it's a much higher priority than most do. We got by with Rid Smith last year because we really didn't play him at all. That's a recipe for disaster for Zeke. We simply can't play him every down and expect him not to get seriously injured at some point due to fatigue.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
NFL head coaches. If I'm starting a team from scratch the first thing I want is a head coach who is allowed to hire their entire staff without interference. The problem in today's NFL is you already have a team put together. Now you need to find a head coach who fits in. Unless you want to pull a Jon Gruden and get rid of everybody and start over. Do I want a fired leftover coach that's been scrutinized. Or do I want a new upstart with Innovation trying to make a name for himself. The problem I foresee is only experience can handle the 2-minute drill.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am not going to quarrel with this point, as I get where you are coming from. If Zeke were to go on IR in the first game I somehow do not think that you would feel the same way.

I think it's a much higher priority than most do. We got by with Rid Smith last year because we really didn't play him at all. That's a recipe for disaster for Zeke. We simply can't play him every down and expect him not to get seriously injured at some point due to fatigue.
Let's just hope the offensive coordinator shows a little bit more balanced. Or actually let the passing game exceed over Smash Mouth. Last year with the youngest starting defense I don't think they wanted to leave them on the field too long they were suspect. I can't wait to see what happens in the first game. You should be a good indicator. I think moreMoore is goingis going to turn Prescott loose

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They're wearing him out to be quite honest. In large part due to the fact that production drops off a cliff when he's not on the field.

And at this point, you need to decide what you want to do, ride him into the ground and move on, or get him some help and think about an extension.

There's another reason why I like a more proven backup option, the potential threat of a holdout. Not saying it will happen, not saying it might happen. But I'd feel better about the possibility that it could happen if I had a more capable backup option.

That's another reason why I'm high on trading for Duke Johnson.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Keep your stupid "advice" to yourself. You check your brain at the door, it's obvious from your horrible grammar that it's not good for much anyway. The rest of us can and will think for ourselves.
oh stop you are so hurting my feelings, please stop, ouch...

I might delete my account and run because you arent playing nice.. please stop Mayor Stash, the self proposed Mayor of CZ..i cant take no more..:clap::grin:

NOT on your life, you keep ripping my Boys and ill keep balancign it out by defending them.. Im Fan and have an equal right to defend the Cowbpys and say positive things as you internet heros who know more then the entire cowboys FO contantly say nothing but garbage..

Luck im a huge fan of Tombstone or...:thumbup::oldcouple:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I would love to see more balance on this offense. I asked you would like to see the passing game overtake the running game. That would really open things up for Elliott.
Most teams are geared to defend the passaging more than the running game because most offenses favor the pass attack over the run. The Cowboys being a run heavy team gives them an advantage over most teams. The combination of a great OL and RB are the hardest offensive attack to stop and for defenses the most frustrating to be beaten by when they know its coming but they can't do anything about it. A balanced attack is a great ability to have but I advocate the run heavy attack as long as it's working for you. The Cowboys do need a better passing game so I would never want them to neglect having it if the situations warrants switching to it. It's a game situational thing, something I think Kellen Moore better understands and is willing to make in-game adaptations to.