This game is why Dallas needs legit Backup QB

blueblood70

Reaction score
this is easy how many teams have legitimate starters out of 32? 16-18 maybe? that means there are basically high level backups already taken for 16-18 teams, how many legitimate backups are available to 32 teams? I see very little IMO those are hard to come by given so many teams fishing in very small pond..

who could we have sitting o the bench for 4years now waiting for an injury that are happy waiting AND ALSO LEGITIMATE?

I get your concern but starters are hard to come by so having 2 is even tougher..we dont know what Rush can do with a starting line, RB, WRs and a game plan..he could be serviceable given we can use zeke and pollard to carry the load and a gameplan to help Rush with safer passes and more straight forward scheme..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look all around the NFL. There aren't enough QBs for all 32 teams let alone enough for a good back up QB. Teddy Bridgewater is probably the only good back up QB in the NFL.
there 5 or 6 not just TB but the point is not enough to go around for sure..

Eddie

Reaction score
Please let us know what legitimate backup QB's are available?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aw cute, you actually believe this season is still salvageable...

Well...hope springs eternal. So what's wrong with that? Season is very short....with a LONG time to next season. Can't find it in yourself to cheer them on and hope for the best? Even if it's just ONE more?

When the Zombie Apocalypse happens, remind me to not be in your clan.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You make a good point. Someone else said this to me a few days ago, can't remember who, but technically you're right. I'll admit, I'm doing a lot of assuming based on what we saw in pre-season. Something about him I didn't like. You also won't find me in any of the praise Rush threads when he had that good pre-season. I didn't like any of it.

I got the feeling he wasn't being pushed to earn a job. Just sorta drove the bus under the speed limit, throttle limiter engaged. Like he was told or knew he'd be the backup. It SEEMS like he has the tools to be an "average QB'....just needs a fire lit under there.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
There's another #7 on the street right now that I know for a fact is better than cooper rush

johneric8

Reaction score
Dak is a very good QB, most of us can see this that aren't blind. Cooper rush is also a solid backup based on his experience with our team. Why must we over analyze everything!

The boys are trying to make the eagles think they have an advantage here thinking Dak can't throw.

#relax

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly how do you know Rush #7 is not legitimate? He never played, so you've never actually seen what he can do in a real game.
Because I seen him play. Cooper Roche sucks

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Instead of over-paying every player that looks Jerry direction maybe Dallas should have signed back-up QB in off-season. The eagles game plan will be simple:
Garrett is 7-2 in Philly. He'd be 7-1 had he not rest the starters back in 2016. That said, Egals game plan has literally only worked once, in Philly.
BOOM! GO COWBOYS!

sunalsorises

Reaction score
So Peete was the backup in '94? I forget. Because I think Kosar was there in '93. Good thing we had him or else I'm not sure we get past SF.

Peete was the backup for that one year. I think he got hurt against Washington which gave Garrett his shot. My memory is a little hazy but I do know Garrett was third string.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
This game isnt the reason we need a backup QB. It's the reason why you beat the damn teams you should. If we beat the Jets this game doesnt matter. If you beat the Jets and the Saints with a backup then we would have clinched already
:hammer::hammer:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Exactly how do you know Rush #7 is not legitimate? He never played, so you've never actually seen what he can do in a real game.

Rush wouldn’t be on the practice squad on any other NFL team.

johneric8

Reaction score
Because I seen him play. Cooper Roche sucks
I actually beg to differ. I watched him in college and the guy can play. He also has looked solid at times in pre season. I think to write him off with as much experience as he has in our system at this point is borderline NUT rolling..

Swanny

Reaction score
you brought up

you listed Some old ones as if they were the only ones we ever had, so yes I listed afew more..
I did? Must be thinking of someone else. All I said is that the NFL has a serious shortage at QB. There's not enough to have quality back ups

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Instead of over-paying every player that looks Jerry direction maybe Dallas should have signed back-up QB in off-season. The eagles game plan will be simple: 1) stack box on Zeke 2) get some hits on Dak shoulder. Dak comments that this shoulder injury happened every other week in college when he ran is concerning. It means its chronic injury for his style of play. I don't have faith in Rush to win this game if Dak is unable to throw.

We have a legit backup QB. Problem is, he's our starter

BoysForLife

Reaction score
There's another #7 on the street right now that I know for a fact is better than cooper rush

For sure. Please Jerry, hustle extra hard to sign a vegan who hasn't taken a snap in years as your playoff insurance policy.

No brainer. What's the holdup