This game will define the coaching staff

Aven8

Reaction score
A lost will define JG as a loser. I'm tired of losing amigos

FYI we are 31st in defensive spending. Can you believe that. Dead last :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Been pimping this fact all season. Say what you want about Marinelli and his scheme, but when given crap are you expecting a miracle?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There in lies the problem . He’s not hiring a coach that could recieve more credit than him because Jerry wants to be considered a football guy. That’s why we are where we are.
I agree but I somehow think he believes that he's got to do something different or he's going to die before we ever see a Super Bowl

khiladi

Reaction score
You mean it took this long and this many games to define the coaching staff?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well the fact that he has given up on picking his own personal toy in the draft leads me to believe if he needs to make a change and coaching he will

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well the fact that he has given up on picking his own personal toy in the draft leads me to believe if he needs to make a change and coaching he will
I credit Garrett, Will and Stephens influence. Like Parcells said “ you have to convince Jerry to go against his instincts”.

I understand but what kind of coach ? Another puppet ?? And how long until he can influence Jerry’s instincts as we’ve had or do we bring in a proven coach and Jerry finally gets out of the way.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
A lost will define JG as a loser. I'm tired of losing amigos

FYI we are 31st in defensive spending. Can you believe that. Dead last :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Over 10% of our cap is dead money, another 40% is tied up in 8 players (5 offensive).

The 3 defensive players?

Tyrone Crawford
Orlando Scandrick
Sean Lee

Only one of those guys is worth it.

Cowboys salary cap

rpntex

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson said most games are decided by the way the ball bounces. There are about 6 plays per game where it bounces your way or it doesn't. Which team gets those bounces, but also what they do with that opportunity which decides the games.
However, I do strongly believe that now days, the refs determine a lot of outcomes as well. Rather intentionally or just not, they do determine games, as we know all to well.

I saw some study a few weeks ago that stated something like 87% of NFL games are decided by 7 points or less. That's often times only 1-2 plays, not 6.

Agree with your sentiment on refs, BTW.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I would say that this coaching staff passed your test. They beat a bad team which is something that we didn't do 2 years ago.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
As usual, I expect us to come out flat and completely unready to play. I expect San Fran to exploit something they found on film and us to have to scramble to stop it. I expect us to get down early and have to rely on Dak to bring us back. If none of this happens then I will be surprised because this has been the MO in the JG era.
You must be a savant of some kind or at least a Cowboys expert.
:rolleyes:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Been pimping this fact all season. Say what you want about Marinelli and his scheme, but when given crap are you expecting a miracle?

No, but I expect better than what we have seen.

It's supposed to be better than Rob Ryan's and the numbers show the same.

In fact, it was supposed to be a defense that was more friendly towards all of these injuries because backups could just step right in and not have to worry about a complex scheme....and yet when Lee goes out the defense is horrendous.

We still can't get INT's. Doesn't make a difference who the defensive personnel is, what we have on the D-Line or the DB's...we just don't make interceptions.

YR

Aven8

Reaction score
No, but I expect better than what we have seen.

It's supposed to be better than Rob Ryan's and the numbers show the same.

In fact, it was supposed to be a defense that was more friendly towards all of these injuries because backups could just step right in and not have to worry about a complex scheme....and yet when Lee goes out the defense is horrendous.

We still can't get INT's. Doesn't make a difference who the defensive personnel is, what we have on the D-Line or the DB's...we just don't make interceptions.

YR

That's true we don't get int's which is scary. I still think if your not a ball hawk before you won't suddenly become one. Woods and Lewis can be as they have done it in college however. I'm very concerned with Jones now. Moving him back and forth has hurt him IMO.

I will say the pass rush this year is very good. Very impressive.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
That's true we don't get int's which is scary. I still think if your not a ball hawk before you won't suddenly become one. Woods and Lewis can be as they have done it in college however. I'm very concerned with Jones now. Moving him back and forth has hurt him IMO.

I will say the pass rush this year is very good. Very impressive.

They said Jalen Ramsey couldn't get INT's and he's not having any issue at all. There are certainly some DB's that can't catch or lack ball skills, but Jourdan Lewis and Anthony Brown never had ball skill issues and neither has Heath.

The scheme doesn't put the safeties in position to make plays. You're going to make more plays for safeties with bracket coverage and we are now reverting back to 2 deep zone looks which is utterly passe in today's game. And we are about the least likely team to blitz in the league.

I have no idea why you're concerned about Jones. He's been playing great this year. Had 1 bad game against the Broncos and that was it. Today he was excellent outside of 1 reception he allowed to Kittle.

I have about as much concerns about Byron right now as I do about Dak.

YR