Video: This has an ugly ending coming?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nope.

The mods have decided to give me my own thread to cut down on the number of threads about Dak.

It's really Daks Thread and I think anybody can post here if its about Dak.

Which seems reasonable see we will be discussing, loving and spitting nails about our QB going forward.

So I want no bile please. This is just journalism and house keeping.

Later..come on Draft Day. Please make us happy.
Right after admitting not only do you NOT do fact checks, but aren't even interested in doing so.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Comparing Dak to the above past Greats insults the position and the game of football!!!!
:lmao:

Come on Pappydog..

tell us how you really feel?

Good boy.

Speak, speak..

Now roll over..

That a boy..good dog.

Can you say "Dak"?

No..no..that's Ok.

We still love ya.

Fetch..

cowboygo

Reaction score
So today's deep thought is going to be about how..

and why we have won in the past with our QBs.

And yes this will be about Dak but that comes later..

and not what you think it will be coming from me.

I have been trying to feature the QBs lately as I think they best represent our teams and what do they have in common.

Ready?

When our team has been successful..

we had young QBs who took us quickly to success.

Craig Morton was the first. He took us to the 1971 SB. He had been starting for about 2 years and had been in the league about 4 by that time.

But still just 2 years of starting.

Next we have Rodger the Dodger. Yes, he had been with the team a couple of seasons and had attended TC while in the Navy.

But in 1972 when we won the 1st SB, he was basically his first year as a starter. He won again in 1978 for his second SB. He was older and our oldest SB winning QB.

Danny White had been with the team mostly as a punter. Then Staubach retired from concussions and White became the starter. White took us to 3 straight NFC Championships and ran into Montana who blocked him.

But White was highly productive as a starter early in his starter career.

Then we have Aikman. Drafted 1989, his first SB was won by his 3rd year in the NFL. I believe that was 1993 and then in 1994 skipped 1995 and won in 1996 with Switzer. I think that is right.

No fair Googling. Off the top of my head.

I leave Romo out of this discussion becuz he sat for 4 years before he started once Bledsoe was benched. Obviously he was older by the time he really got going and managed a playoff against Seattle which he lost.

Now we come to our guy Dak.

He has been at this going on 5 years.

So as I have established..our QBs have been most successful very early in their careers as a rule. Usually by their first 3 years or so, more or less.

Without getting huffy and crying "Cherry picker" or "Fake Facts", etc..

Does it seem reasonable to think Dak can really win a SB the way he is going?

Should we be aware of the possibility that Dak could be another Danny White?

I am not really sure. After watching Mahomes do it this year early in his career and other guys not named Brady not get far like Wilson who also was early in his career..

the older Dak gets, the less chance I think he has of winning alot or deep into the playoffs to win a SB.

What do you REALLY think? Not what do you hope or want or pray for.

I know you guys love the numbers..so these is a few to rumenate over and discuss.

I personally would feel better with another young QB while this team is still relatively young. I am not talking contracts or length of contracts here. Other threads.

Ok..over to you then back to the draft.

:starspin:
you would have given up on Peyton Manning.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Maybe that's why they ought to just let the tag play out on him this year. So much is going to change - new coaching, and perhaps the most personnel turnover in several years. Let's see how Dak plays this year.

Oh - and a real draft this year too.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Actually it can be Romo was the next Danny White but not as good. Because Danny didd get us to 3 straight NFCCG games. He was having the best year of his career and Dallas was winning games until his wrist was broken, then he was never the same. I believe that was 85 or 86?

Dak is still getting started, as he was more hampered by the coaching staff.
Not a huge Dak fan, but can certainly live with him at QB over all other options. We are not getting a QB to replace him, and he does win games.

However I say if a QB is there at 17, draft for if Dak holds out. Still a win win if Dak signs a long term deal or if plays on the tag, and we have to go through this again next year. All depends on if Dak believes in himself and performs.
I think unfortunately we are all looking for safety nets now.

Daks recent behavior only clouds all interested in outcomes.

I would happily draft a QB. But Dallas does not want to hurt Daks ego with competition.

Please pardon me Mr. Rush.

So like so many times before we will not make a decision and suffer painful outcomes later.

Remember not drafting Randy Moss? Remember SF trading up in front of us to draft Jerry Rice?

We often have had to suffer years from our team not making the right call.

Draft time actually scares me more than excites me anymore as a fan.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
you would have given up on Peyton Manning.
You mean the Colts did.

I would have given up on his brother who refused to go anywhere and play except NY.

He was the poison apple to me. Never liked him and he haunted us for a decade.

:(

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
How did I know this thread would
Be about Dak just from the title?
Just to be clear..

The Mods did this..not me.

They want Dak posts here and I will comply.

So If its Dak I will post here and I assume others can to.

There are a lot of members wanting to comment on our QB lately. And that is going to continue going forward..

Both positive and negative.

So Dak should be honored. And best of all..its free for Dak. Part of his new compensation package so to speak.

Cool.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Just to be clear..

There are a lot of members wanting to comment on our QB lately. And that is going to continue going forward..

So Dak should be honored. And best of all..its free for Dak. Part of his new compensation package so to speak.

Cool.
What are the odds that now that you have one easy to avoid post, Dak slobberers will still show up in it to cry about it?
America’s Cowboy should be limited to one post to spam all of his Dak twitter cherry pick specials...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
What are the odds that now that you have one easy to avoid post, Dak slobberers will still show up in it to cry about it?
America’s Cowboy should be limited to one post to spam all of his Dak twitter cherry pick specials...
I believe your suggestion looks strangely like anti- free speech.

And if I recall, is prohibited in the Constitution.

Ya think?

You are always encouraged to start your own website.

But watch out for lawsuits. That stuff is very real.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Shouldnt it be daily or hourly Dak thread

Seriously you should be onna federal watch list with how obsessed with Dak you are

jnday

Reaction score
As fan we have no saying The Jones can run it the way they want and they are here to stay ..It is a business and an entertainment venue for them The era of cowboys supremacy is over we are nothing but the Dallas Bengals with a good PR firm running the show. get used to it.
A lot of truth in this post. I don’t let this team upset me anymore. This team hasn’t been real Cowboy’s teams since Jimmy left and the standards of the team went down. The Cowboys no longer have the class, the expectations, pride, etc , that it had for so many years. Even the fan base has deteriorated to the point where mediocrity is happily accepted and defended.

johneric8

Reaction score
So today's deep thought is going to be about how..

and why we have won in the past with our QBs.

And yes this will be about Dak but that comes later..

and not what you think it will be coming from me.

I have been trying to feature the QBs lately as I think they best represent our teams and what do they have in common.

Ready?

When our team has been successful..

we had young QBs who took us quickly to success.

Craig Morton was the first. He took us to the 1971 SB. He had been starting for about 2 years and had been in the league about 4 by that time.

But still just 2 years of starting.

Next we have Rodger the Dodger. Yes, he had been with the team a couple of seasons and had attended TC while in the Navy.

But in 1972 when we won the 1st SB, he was basically his first year as a starter. He won again in 1978 for his second SB. He was older and our oldest SB winning QB.

Danny White had been with the team mostly as a punter. Then Staubach retired from concussions and White became the starter. White took us to 3 straight NFC Championships and ran into Montana who blocked him.

But White was highly productive as a starter early in his starter career.

Then we have Aikman. Drafted 1989, his first SB was won by his 3rd year in the NFL. I believe that was 1993 and then in 1994 skipped 1995 and won in 1996 with Switzer. I think that is right.

No fair Googling. Off the top of my head.

I leave Romo out of this discussion becuz he sat for 4 years before he started once Bledsoe was benched. Obviously he was older by the time he really got going and managed a playoff against Seattle which he lost.

Now we come to our guy Dak.

He has been at this going on 5 years.

So as I have established..our QBs have been most successful very early in their careers as a rule. Usually by their first 3 years or so, more or less.

Without getting huffy and crying "Cherry picker" or "Fake Facts", etc..

Does it seem reasonable to think Dak can really win a SB the way he is going?

Should we be aware of the possibility that Dak could be another Danny White?

I am not really sure. After watching Mahomes do it this year early in his career and other guys not named Brady not get far like Wilson who also was early in his career..

the older Dak gets, the less chance I think he has of winning alot or deep into the playoffs to win a SB.

What do you REALLY think? Not what do you hope or want or pray for.

I know you guys love the numbers..so these is a few to rumenate over and discuss.

I personally would feel better with another young QB while this team is still relatively young. I am not talking contracts or length of contracts here. Other threads.

Ok..over to you then back to the draft.

:starspin:

It's not good for the soul to sit around and continually look for the negative...

HungryLion

Reaction score
Just to be clear..

Cool.

No worries Redball. I actually enjoy reading your posts for the most part. I think you worry about the QB situation a little too much. But that’s your right. I have no complaints about you as a poster though.

jnday

Reaction score
Dak just had his best statistical year barely 4 years into his career. He's been entering his prime years. All signs point up that he's only going to get better.
All signs are pointing to Jerry overpaying him and he becomes a salary cap killer that takes up so much cap room that the talent needed for him to be successful can not be afforded.

jnday

Reaction score
You mean the Colts did.

I would have given up on his brother who refused to go anywhere and play except NY.

He was the poison apple to me. Never liked him and he haunted us for a decade.

:(
Do you dislike Elway for doing the same thing?