Video: This has an ugly ending coming?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Right on the money , the blueprint for exposing Dak was laid by the colts and he failed miserably . Many teams followed that and won easily , including some bad teams . The season finale against Philadelphia should have ended the argument about how good Dak is . It is insane to pay this man anymore than average QB pay ( 24-29 mil ) until the cowboys find a franchise QB .

Dak struggles vs press coverage.

the Giants found this out in the 2016 season.

a lot of team’s use this D scheme against us now.

I think the tag stays for 2020, pending the draft. What happens if we draft a QB?

then we could see another tag for 2021.

ESisback

Reaction score
The majority of this fan base is so out of touch they’ll take someone’s backup QB or a QB that’s unemployed and is willing to play for peanuts to have a job or a starting opportunity. It’s like most of the fans on this board could care less if the Cowboys have a quality starting QB as long as they’ll play at a bargain. They want to go cheap at every key position on the team from QB, RB to WR. Just look at the threads! Some think you can plug-in any player and win without spending big money. This cabin fever we’re all suffering from has really caused some to go over the deep end.

None of these guys play for peanuts. Pretty arrogant to proclaim that most of the fan base is “out of touch”, IMO. Exchanging integrity for market value doesn’t signal enlightenment, either. 33 million a year for four years should be the ceiling. Dak ranks somewhere between 10-15. Giving him top 5 money is dumb, because they wouldn’t have the cap room for the support system he needs to be successful. That’s old news, but I DO have an excuse. I’m just out of touch!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak will sign a long term deal. The Cowboys will overpay. We will be lucky to make the wildcard round with expanded playoffs. We will go 7-10 a few years before those that like Dak will agree his contract is part of why they aren't or can't spend enough to fix other positional groupings.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
None of these guys play for peanuts. Pretty arrogant to proclaim that most of the fan base is “out of touch”, IMO. Exchanging integrity for market value doesn’t signal enlightenment, either. 33 million a year for four years should be the ceiling. Dak ranks somewhere between 10-15. Giving him top 5 money is dumb, because they wouldn’t have the cap room for the support system he needs to be successful. That’s old news, but I DO have an excuse. I’m just out of touch!

Compared to the money Dak is looking for it is peanuts. This is why many fans are so adamant about moving on from him. Most of this fan base is clearly out of touch just look at the posts and threads. What you see on this board is pretty much the consensus of what you see from the majority of Cowboy fans everywhere. Most sound like typical casual fans. Based on the poll that was started here a few weeks ago most would rather have an average QB than pay Dak big money. Look at the names of the QBs that have come up to replace him. lol There’s fans who’ve suggested trading for Josh Rosen who’s been a bust! I can assure you there aren’t 10 QBs in the league that are better than Dak. He’s clearly in the top 10 and has been more consistent than Goff and Wentz. You sound like one of those who is out of touch.

ESisback

Reaction score
Compared to the money Dak is looking for it is peanuts. This is why many fans are so adamant about moving on from him. Most of this fan base is clearly out of touch just look at the posts and threads. What you see on this board is pretty much the consensus of what you see from the majority of Cowboy fans everywhere. Most sound like typical casual fans. Based on the poll that was started here a few weeks ago most would rather have an average QB than pay Dak big money. Look at the names of the QBs that have come up to replace him. lol There’s fans who’ve suggested trading for Josh Rosen who’s been a bust! I can assure you there aren’t 10 QBs in the league that are better than Dak. He’s clearly in the top 10 and has been more consistent than Goff and Wentz. You sound like one of those who is out of touch.

Yeah, OK Believe whatever crap you want. Enjoy your arrogance whileI chuckle and roll my eyes.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will go 7-10 a few years
Very hard for me to buy that given they won 8 games last year being mis-managed by Garrett and lost at least 2 games due to a kicker and many more due to the worst special teams in the league and a pretty leaky defense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, OK Believe whatever crap you want. Enjoy your arrogance whileI chuckle and roll my eyes.

What I believe isn’t crap and it’s obvious that my views have struck home with you. The crap that’s been spewed here are by those who continue to spin that Dak isn’t a good QB and that the Cowboys would be better off with a cheaper, lesser QB. If you want to continue feel free but I’m done!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very hard for me to buy that given they won 8 games last year being mis-managed by Garrett and lost at least 2 games due to a kicker and many more due to the worst special teams in the league and a pretty leaky defense.

Different team. We have lost more talent than we added on both sides of the ball.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak struggles vs press coverage.

the Giants found this out in the 2016 season.

a lot of team’s use this D scheme against us now.

I think the tag stays for 2020, pending the draft. What happens if we draft a QB?

then we could see another tag for 2021.
seems to be the year by year strategy .

ESisback

Reaction score
What I believe isn’t crap and it’s obvious that my views have struck home with you. The crap that’s been spewed here are by those who continue to spin that Dak isn’t a good QB and that the Cowboys would be better off with a cheaper, lesser QB. If you want to continue feel free but I’m done!
You’re done. Good. For everyone.

ESisback

Reaction score
Different team. We have lost more talent than we added on both sides of the ball.

I agree we have a different team, but I think we have MORE talent defensively. The only real difference makers we lost on offense were Fredericks and Cobb. We haven’t had 100% Fred since 2017, and we’ll replace Cobb in the slot. Plus, Moore will have the ‘governor’ taken off.

On defense we lost Jones, who was a very good athlete, but not a ballhawk. Collins was not a difference maker on the DL. Poe, McCoy and Clinton-Dix were good additions, and if we get Gregory and Smith and a good draft, we WILL be better.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually it can be Romo was the next Danny White but not as good. Because Danny didd get us to 3 straight NFCCG games. He was having the best year of his career and Dallas was winning games until his wrist was broken, then he was never the same. I believe that was 85 or 86?

Dak is still getting started, as he was more hampered by the coaching staff.
Not a huge Dak fan, but can certainly live with him at QB over all other options. We are not getting a QB to replace him, and he does win games.

However I say if a QB is there at 17, draft for if Dak holds out. Still a win win if Dak signs a long term deal or if plays on the tag, and we have to go through this again next year. All depends on if Dak believes in himself and performs.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So today's deep thought is going to be about how..

and why we have won in the past with our QBs.

And yes this will be about Dak but that comes later..

and not what you think it will be coming from me.

I have been trying to feature the QBs lately as I think they best represent our teams and what do they have in common.

Ready?

When our team has been successful..

we had young QBs who took us quickly to success.

Craig Morton was the first. He took us to the 1971 SB. He had been starting for about 2 years and had been in the league about 4 by that time.

But still just 2 years of starting.

Next we have Rodger the Dodger. Yes, he had been with the team a couple of seasons and had attended TC while in the Navy.

But in 1972 when we won the 1st SB, he was basically his first year as a starter. He won again in 1978 for his second SB. He was older and our oldest SB winning QB.

Danny White had been with the team mostly as a punter. Then Staubach retired from concussions and White became the starter. White took us to 3 straight NFC Championships and ran into Montana who blocked him.

But White was highly productive as a starter early in his starter career.

Then we have Aikman. Drafted 1989, his first SB was won by his 3rd year in the NFL. I believe that was 1993 and then in 1994 skipped 1995 and won in 1996 with Switzer. I think that is right.

No fair Googling. Off the top of my head.

I leave Romo out of this discussion becuz he sat for 4 years before he started once Bledsoe was benched. Obviously he was older by the time he really got going and managed a playoff against Seattle which he lost.

Now we come to our guy Dak.

He has been at this going on 5 years.

So as I have established..our QBs have been most successful very early in their careers as a rule. Usually by their first 3 years or so, more or less.

Without getting huffy and crying "Cherry picker" or "Fake Facts", etc..

Does it seem reasonable to think Dak can really win a SB the way he is going?

Should we be aware of the possibility that Dak could be another Danny White?

I am not really sure. After watching Mahomes do it this year early in his career and other guys not named Brady not get far like Wilson who also was early in his career..

the older Dak gets, the less chance I think he has of winning alot or deep into the playoffs to win a SB.

What do you REALLY think? Not what do you hope or want or pray for.

I know you guys love the numbers..so these is a few to rumenate over and discuss.

I personally would feel better with another young QB while this team is still relatively young. I am not talking contracts or length of contracts here. Other threads.

Ok..over to you then back to the draft.

:starspin:

Comparing Dak to the above past Greats insults the position and the game of football!!!!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree we have a different team, but I think we have MORE talent defensively. The only real difference makers we lost on offense were Fredericks and Cobb. We haven’t had 100% Fred since 2017, and we’ll replace Cobb in the slot. Plus, Moore will have the ‘governor’ taken off.

On defense we lost Jones, who was a very good athlete, but not a ballhawk. Collins was not a difference maker on the DL. Poe, McCoy and Clinton-Dix were good additions, and if we get Gregory and Smith and a good draft, we WILL be better.

I like the positive spin. i don't think Garrett held Moore back, Moore was just inexperienced. As of today neither randy or smith are football players and we are only speculating they can actually do something above a rookie at this point. I think teams will be able to throw on us, I don't think our secondary will hold up but the draft could help change that. I just can not buy into any more hype untill I see the product on the field. We have some really good things going on but i don't see a team capable of making the playoffs.

ESisback

Reaction score
I like the positive spin. i don't think Garrett held Moore back, Moore was just inexperienced. As of today neither randy or smith are football players and we are only speculating they can actually do something above a rookie at this point. I think teams will be able to throw on us, I don't think our secondary will hold up but the draft could help change that. I just can not buy into any more hype untill I see the product on the field. We have some really good things going on but i don't see a team capable of making the playoffs.
Glass half full, glass half empty✊

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
A few things. "Roger" was a little older than Romo. I think he was between 27-29 when he got the start.

Just nitpicking here, but I notice you're using the year the SB was actually played. But the banners say '71, '77, '92, '93, and '95. It's easier to go by that to eliminate any confusion.

A lot of these quarterbacks from Cowboys past played on some really good teams. I'm not even a Dak fan, but what has he had? Even in 2016 the defense sucked. Add to that a Jason Garrett coached team. I'm not sure we can compare him to QBs playing under Tom Landry. A lot of the team's success was coaching in the 70s. Before TD came on to the scene you had Staubach and a bunch of solid players on offense, and a really good D. A lot of teams had a bunch of solid players on offense. Coaching is why Dallas kept winning. The Cowboys still went to three straight championships after Staubach. They lost because it wasn't Roger at QB. Those games still burn me up.

What I'm trying to say is, Dak came into a system that was much less advantageous. Craig, Roger, Danny, Aikman, Landry and Johnson. Romo and Dak played most of their career coached by bums. Too bad Parcells didn't stick around. I'm just not sold either way on Dak at the moment. I just don't think there is any quarterback that Jason Garrett would take to a super bowl within their first few years.
Yeah..no problem on the date critique.

It was all off the top of my head. No Googling for me. Not a Googling Fact Checker.

Understood on extenuating circumstances, too.

Good defenses, better coaches, etc. Surely all that factors.

That all gets to be a wandering mess of a topic. Fun to discuss, but that dithers my point.

I'm trying to sort of be a road map and connecting dots of common denominators past and present.

Many fans have not been around to have seen us at our best.

The best of times for all Cowboy fans really.

We all want to get back there.

We as they say shall see.

Later. Thanx.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Oh LAWWDDDDD not another one.......
Nope.

The mods have decided to give me my own thread to cut down on the number of threads about Dak.

It's really Daks Thread and I think anybody can post here if its about Dak.

Which seems reasonable see we will be discussing, loving and spitting nails about our QB going forward.

So I want no bile please. This is just journalism and house keeping.

Later..come on Draft Day. Please make us happy.