This has got to Stop... Media downplaying Romo's play from the pocket

ringmaster

Reaction score
smarta5150;1249453 said:
Same old ESPN bias opinions.

Dont sweat it... Romo will get his love on Tuesday after a we lock up the division.

Dont let the media mess with your mind.

I saw the same show and laughed.

Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you also it really didn't get to me it also made me laugh too.

JFlgn

Reaction score
Ya, it's pretty simple. He's a shorter QB that has it tough when it comes to passing from the pocket behind 5 huge guys. For that reason, he's best when out of the pocket but he's not bad in the pocket. If a team has a choice, they'd take the lesser of two evils: Containment in the pocket.

What I don't understand is how the ESPN bobbleheads think that the Eagles will pressure from the outside. The only way they get their pressure is from the inside unless those undersized DEnds can generate one on one pressure which they can't on our tackles. I hope they play the same type of defense they tried against Bledsoe because if they do, Romo will roll out all day and kill them.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
5Stars;1249490 said:
Well, then, what's your point? What do you want us to tell you?

please tell me i'm right and espn is just a bunch of meanies and it's ok to wear my cowboys underoos with the little feet in them and stick my tongue out at mort and all the unbelievers.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
iceberg said:
this is what the saints did and it was pretty effective, so they run with it. what i really wish would stop is all the "wah, they're picking on the cowboys, wah!" talk.

Me and you both. It gives me tired head seeing posters on this board complain about every freakin thing.

- Mike G.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
baj1dallas;1249496 said:
that difference is way overrated. Romo doesn't get any more passes knocked down than most QBs. I've seen Manning have passes knocked down, especially against New England.

Yeah, I did not mean to say that all of Romo's passes would be in jeopardy if he stayed in the pocket...I'm just saying that might be what BSPN is trying to sell everyone...

Anyway, carry on...sorry I got mad...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
JFlgn;1249508 said:
Ya, it's pretty simple. He's a shorter QB that has it tough when it comes to passing from the pocket behind 5 huge guys. For that reason, he's best when out of the pocket but he's not bad in the pocket. If a team has a choice, they'd take the lesser of two evils: Containment in the pocket.

What I don't understand is how the ESPN bobbleheads think that the Eagles will pressure from the outside. The only way they get their pressure is from the inside unless those undersized DEnds can generate one on one pressure which they can't on our tackles. I hope they play the same type of defense they tried against Bledsoe because if they do, Romo will roll out all day and kill them.

If the object is to contain Romo then the outside guys will not be coming in hard, to do that only allows Romo the oppertunity to roll out side of them. If they plan on containment then DE will hold the outside and Philly will try to send the blitzer up the middle.

ringmaster

Reaction score
iceberg;1249506 said:
and being a whiner is getting you what? you one of those who's gonna write an open letter to espn and fix everything?

again, what would you give romo for a critique?

i don't think it's very realistic to think the world should never dog the cowboys simply because you happen to like them.
I don't have to do anything and me whining no way

What would you give for a critique.

Grow up.

You're also one of the most cynical on this forum too "Popsicle".

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Philly can keep Romo in the pocket and generate the push up the middle that they got in the first game, it will be a long night.

ringmaster

Reaction score
:bow:
mickgreen58;1249514 said:
Me and you both. It gives me tired head seeing posters on this board complain about every freakin thing.

- Mike G.
You never complain right!

I need to take what you're taking because that's the biggest lie ever it human nature for everyone to complain.

Another thing is that some can be so damn cynical too.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
iceberg;1249511 said:
please tell me i'm right and espn is just a bunch of meanies and it's ok to wear my cowboys underoos with the little feet in them and stick my tongue out at mort and all the unbelievers.

Yeah, that sounds about right...

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
jimnabby;1249525 said:
If Philly can keep Romo in the pocket and generate the push up the middle that they got in the first game, it will be a long night.

If they start trying to do THAT much, we're going to destroy them with the run.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jimnabby;1249525 said:

True but I think if Dallas can run the ball aginst the 28th ranked run defense of Philly we can turn that blitz aginst them. To me I think that will be the big key for Dallas

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doomsday101;1249542 said:
True but I think if Dallas can run the ball aginst the 28th ranked run defense of Philly we can turn that blitz aginst them. To me I think that will be the big key for Dallas

MB3 baby, MB3...sprinkled with some JJ Sauce!

Perfect glaze for some dead eagle bird...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
ringmaster;1249531 said:
:bow: You never complain right!

I need to take what you're taking because that's the biggest lie ever it human nature for everyone to complain.

But you're better than me.

I love how you take my original statement and conclude I never complain and that I am a liar.

I said, watching guys like you complain about every damn thing gives me tired head.

Why the Freak does Mike Irvin and Darren Woodson have jobs if ESPN hates the Cowboys so much?

You BSPN, Tom Jackson hates the Cowboys, ESPN hates the Cowboys, us against the world types bore the heck out of me :rolleyes: .

- Mike G.

ringmaster

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1249548 said:
I love how you take my original statement and conclude I never complain and that I am a liar.

I said, watching guys like you complain about every damn thing gives me tired head.

Why the Freak does Mike Irvin and Darren Woodson have jobs if ESPN hates the Cowboys so much?

You BSPN, Tom Jackson hates the Cowboys, ESPN hates the Cowboys, us against the world types bore the heck out of me :rolleyes: .

- Mike G.
Thanks for clearing that up my brotha.:rolleyes:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;1249511 said:

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/062206superqueue2.jpg

ringmaster

Reaction score
theogt;1249501 said:
Stop reading it or listening to it. They're not experts. They can't see anything you can't see. They're paid to say what they think, and more often than not it's not particularly insightful. So stop watching them.
Really I don't watch them too much it wasn't much to do today so I thought I would get a laugh but some on this thread thought I commited a holocaust, or something just posting what I heard.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
baj1dallas;1249496 said:
that difference is way overrated. Romo doesn't get any more passes knocked down than most QBs.

Passes deflected at LOS
Romo (6'2") 6 passes deflected (once every 46 attempts)

Rivers (6'5") 9 passes deflected (once every 45.1 attempts)

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
percyhoward;1249558 said:
Passes deflected at LOS
Romo (6'2") 6 passes deflected (once every 46 attempts)

Rivers (6'5") 9 passes deflected (once every 45.1 attempts)

Good info there. :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ringmaster;1249557 said:
Really I don't watch them too much it wasn't much to do today so I thought I would get a laugh but some on this thread thought I commited a holocaust, or something just posting what I heard.
Threads whining about the media get old and often draw a bad reaction like this. Now you know.